Character Backstory - Glory Days

Great story. Made me think of my life alitte bit growing up on the west side of Chicago. I always had love for TJ Combo and still do. If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything! That should be TJ’s motto moving forward. Good Job IG!! Now give me more combos for him and less juggles. :grin:

That line from the film, Sucker Punch? Seriosuly!? No thanks…

it gud yes functional

what!?! You don’t like a movie about a little girl imagining being a grown woman imagining adventures while entertaining men in an adult way?

Hm, he could be getting kick auto doubles, or they could be adding more hits to his linkers or something. TJ already lives up to the name “Combo” though: he has the best combo trait in the entire game, even post-nerf.

Very interesting backstory there, actually never knew TJ was married :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s a shame it ended that quickly

1 Like

Very awesome and detailed back story. All in one read I liked him, then disliked him for being a cheater, then liked him again after he was screwed over by UT and publicly shamed lol good stuff.

I can’t wait for Kan-Ra’s story and more about his connection to Spinal, as I am pretty sure Kan-Ra is the “scheming vizier” he was recruited by in ancient Babylon.

1 Like

LOVE IT!!! So friggin HYPED for S3!!!

Best story yet!!! Ready for more!!! “BRING IT”!!!

2 Likes

Well the term “really” is kind of stretching it since some of it WAS his fault.

1 Like

When you find out TJ Combo’s wife left him for Kan-Ra.

4 Likes

TJ’s ex-wife for season 3!

1 Like

When I read you were a teacher a few days ago, I didnt think you were teaching kids in the same age range as I (I teach first and second grade in Holland, age 4-6)

Maybe we should see if there are more Aganos players that teach young children, maybe there is a pattern :stuck_out_tongue:

Neither did he if he was partying as hard as this bio says he was. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

#“You will no longer need this fine booty.”

-Sounds of TJ sobbing in the distance-

8 Likes

5 Likes

TJ wife left him? sucks to be him right now.

1 Like

#PERFECTION LOVE IT#

“After a while TJ and the spy Orchid became friends”

YES MUCH BETTER spy orchid like my story rather than just a brutish kid thats just angry!

So much love for a more inelegant orchid :heartbeat::heartbeat:

And TJ combo! Perfection i love it!!!

1 Like

I heard she left him for one Derek Fisher from NY.

1 Like

Sure, because becoming the heavyweight champion of the world just once and for only a few years is the kind of thing you do in your spare time while holding down a day job. It paints a pretty compelling image of TJ scrubbing floors and picking up bloody rags for years while studying boxing. I guess they should have included an “Eye of the Tiger” montage…

I have never been very interested in TJ as a character. This is a great backstory that makes the character much more “real.” I think it does a surprisingly good job of showing a talented, hardworking guy who lets his anger and hubris lead to bad decisions.

3 Likes