Character Backstory - Glory Days

Disavowed is Orchids merch group I believe.

Am not a big fan of TJ’s backstory. He doesn’t seem at all impressive and even in the real world we have seen champs bigger than Combo. Season 2 really painted a nasty picture towards combo if you did his story. Here we still pretty much get rconfirmed that TJ still isn’t a decent guy. The only reason he is in it is for revenge. He was world champ only for a bit and now can only stand toe to toe with the other KI fighters because he was genetically altered. None of TJ’s background besides the first championship win shows that TJ works hard to become the best, he was just lucky to get that altered DNA.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it make sense for the changes to the previous cast members to not be implemented? To me it makes more sense to simply show off the new characters and mechanics since revealing balance changes would detract from them. Plus it wouldn’t be much of a season 3 presentation if they spent a majority of the presentation talking about the season 1 and 2 characters.

1 Like

That will make sense because that will explain how TJ Combo and Orchid meet each other
:slightly_smiling:
(Lol, I imagine people think about TJ Combo and Orchid as a couple :P)

1 Like

Instinct mode regeneration? His auto barrage heals him slightly?

5 Likes

Probably :slightly_smiling:
I mean, this part
"His arms healed up fast. ***Too fast.***"

This “Too fast” must have a reason to be there. I think its something like a “Healing Factor” made by UltraTech that TJ Combo now have in his DNA or something like that :smiley:

1 Like

It’s funny how TJ’s story makes me think about Southpaw (in my opinion, great movie with Jake Gyllenhaal).

For the hint, I don’t really know. Healing Factor sounds like Jago so no, I don’t think so. Maybe something like giving him faster doubles after his last breath/during instinct.

Last breath instinct activation makes him faster more than normal instinct activation does?

1 Like

@Rukizzel There’s a spelling error towards the bottom of the story - see if you can find it. :wink:

Regarding the story itself, like Maya’s burned leg before, you’re forgetting something - what happened to TJ’s gym? In the game it’s a ruined mess! What happened to it!?

1 Like

In the story or in my bit?

4 Likes

No one thinks of TJ and Orchid as a couple. If Orchid is as intelligent as a spy and researched his lowly life all this time, she would never ‘get’ with TJ, as she is not about ANYONE touching her. she’s crazy now.

Disavowed male agent with Orchid weapons skin or new male Disavowed character with electric staff please!!!
Nightwing in KI !!

It’s in the story. :wink:

‘They messed with his DNA’

tampered? No one really professionally says ‘messed with’?

President of the United States-‘Please vote No if you disagree with the MESSING of stem cell research findings in our National Science Observatories’

1 Like

You’re going to have to point it out for me. Clearly I am no English major.

3 Likes

‘monk Jago. But then’

‘messed with’

1 Like

The Disavowed starting feeding TJ information” should be “The Disavowed started feeding TJ information.” :wink:

Alternatively, you could say “The Disavowed began feeding TJ information

It’s nice to feel needed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, isn’t this the last story? What more can they say about Kan-Ra that they didn’t say when they introduced him?

Maybe… but to me, that would sound more like ‘Season 3 character will be revealed at KI Cup’, not ‘playable Season 3’, which they’ve been advertising. They’ll of course introduce new mechanics, but how much value would the demo have if only the new character(s) had access to them?

1 Like

Yes especially since you are (and if I recall correctly), after all, a high school English teacher :wink:

So overall he is now considered to be a really sympathetic character?

I was hoping the title would be called ‘Mr Fist’ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Actually, I’m an early/headstart teacher - I teach children 5 and younger. :wink:

That being said, I was top of my class when it came to language arts (it’s easily my best subject) and was the last boy standing in a regional spelling bee. :slight_smile:

1 Like