Cant get past the " Checking for content " screen . IG this is unacceptable

This is a big problem for xbox one + pc

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9EE8BF7A31026586&id=9EE8BF7A31026586!423&parId=root&o=OneUp

These two videos basically summarise everything down below

After downloading the season 3 update , my game crashed at the " Checking for content " screen . So I reset the game . And it crashed again . I tried turning off my xbox , crashed again . Turning my internet off and on again , doing a hard reset on my console and yet it still crashes . So I have resorted to completely uninstalling all my KI downloads as a last resort .

Similarly Sullen Mosquito has this exact problem : I tried reinstalling the game 3 times, redoing the patch 3 times, I power cycled both console and modem, unplugged from wall and everything. No matter what I did, the moment it got to checking DLC, it would crash. The one time it did finally go, was because my cloud save data just no longer existed. I played from about 10pm-2am the day prior to the patch just fine. Had all my data, level 50 characters, and boom gone with new patch. I know on the console you can delete local save data, or delete save data everywhere which includes cloud, I only cleared local save one time. It still went to checking DLC and crashed after that, that was the first reinstall. After 2 full installations I tried the PC version which told me “You need to Update Your Save Data on your Xbox One.” Then I installed it for a 3rd time, I even recorded that one. So you can see exactly what happens once it’s fully installed. Just gets to checking DLC loads for a while then BZZZZZZZZZZT and close.

Recording here: (Language warning I was livid at this point!)
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9EE8BF7A31026586&id=9EE8BF7A31026586!423&parId=root&o=OneUp

This game clip was recorded a day ago. Fulgore level 50 all that.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/e7d6e221-e72d-4d77-b865-636d429cd7b7?gamerTag=SullenMosquito&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88

Here is the screenshot I took after it loaded the one time.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/9227f82a-a4c5-44c3-ad3f-9eb6103a4ecc?gamerTag=SullenMosquito&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88

the patch corrupted your Cloud save meaning you’re probably not going to get your data. My KI finally launched after 11 hours of doing everything I could find in trouble shooting, reinstalling, reupdating, clearing system data, clearing cache, power cycling modem, you name it. Only to find out that all of my data was gone, characters level 1, no rank, nothing. 40,000+ matches of data gone. 1,000s of hours. 16 characters level 50. All gone. If they don’t do anything to help me get it back, or say they can’t then I will go direct to microsoft and demand my money back because their Season 3 launch patch is directly responsible for this.

UA bass has also been encountering this problem as well : UA base Twitter https://twitter.com/xibassix

PR0FESSORBOOTY has also encountered this problem Game no working (xbox one)

Update: Still no sign for an update off IG , game still continues to crash and I feel robbed out of ÂŁ40

Have you tried takeing the power out of the xbox at the back and leaving it for a couple minutes? the crashing issue can be a problem with ram flushing and requires you to completely remove power so that the data in ram is completely cleared.

But the game loads fine for my friends profile …

You could delete the save and then let it cloud sync back when you load the game up with your profile, may fix the issue.

Dont want to sound stupid but how would I do that ?

go into games / apps find KI3 press the menu button then click manage game, from there you can delete the save file, and when you load the game back up it should resync the last known save file back onto the console from MS servers since every game actually cloud syncs save files, great for if your console breaks and needs repair etc you dont lose your saves.

Will that reset anything ( I do have a pro star on the line man ! )

I had to delete KI as well for the very same reason.

the cloud save pretty much works in the background, and i think anything to do with online is synced back anyway from IG servers if you lost your save and the cloud didnt work for some reason.

O. THANK .GOD. Sorry dude I thought I was the only one , find a fix ?

Cheers man you helped out alot ! whats your GT man would love to play sometime ?

It’s Linkinworm, i probably won’t be on much till the weekend though since my job really takes it out of me and gaming the last thing i’m thinking about.

NP man I appreciate you helping me out .

Sadly no I left for a 3 day trip today so I won’t even get to play until late Thursday or Friday

That sucks man , hopefully the advise Linkinworm gave can help you out too

1 Like

Been having the same issue. Get to checking dlc game crashes. Installed it on my PC, it says I must update the save data from my Xbox One for use on my PC… It’s on the cloud… That must be a damned joke. I’ve reinstalled, re updated, cleared cache, cycled modem, done hard resets, and nothing fixes this issue. There is no way in hell I’m starting a new account just to play season 3. I have nearly all of my characters at level 50 and if I do start a new account that means all my purchases are linked with my old one. I don’t know what the hell they did wrong but this is unacceptable. I see countless people playing so why does the game break beyond repair for a select few? I would have expected IG to have learned from their S2 blunders but, I guess… I shouldn’t be surprised.

I tried adressing this problem in their stream yesterday and they removed my comments from the chat and banned me for like 2 minutes.

I sent them a rather lengthy email last night. Unless another conclusion can be found, if your game is crashing at the checking DLC, the patch corrupted your Cloud save meaning you’re probably not going to get your data. My KI finally launched after 11 hours of doing everything I could find in trouble shooting, reinstalling, reupdating, clearing system data, clearing cache, power cycling modem, you name it. Only to find out that all of my data was gone, characters level 1, no rank, nothing. 40,000+ matches of data gone. 1,000s of hours. 16 characters level 50. All gone. If they don’t do anything to help me get it back, or say they can’t then I will go direct to microsoft and demand my money back because their Season 3 launch patch is directly responsible for this.

Im in the process of making a video about it , any extra information you have would be much appreciated .

I don’t really have any other information I can provide. I tried reinstalling the game 3 times, redoing the patch 3 times, I power cycled both console and modem, unplugged from wall and everything. No matter what I did, the moment it got to checking DLC, it would crash. The one time it did finally go, was because my cloud save data just no longer existed. I played from about 10pm-2am the day prior to the patch just fine. Had all my data, level 50 characters, and boom gone with new patch. I know on the console you can delete local save data, or delete save data everywhere which includes cloud, I only cleared local save one time. It still went to checking DLC and crashed after that, that was the first reinstall. After 2 full installations I tried the PC version which told me “You need to Update Your Save Data on your Xbox One.” Then I installed it for a 3rd time, I even recorded that one. So you can see exactly what happens once it’s fully installed. Just gets to checking DLC loads for a while then BZZZZZZZZZZT and close.

Recording here: (Language warning I was livid at this point!)

This game clip was recorded a day ago. Fulgore level 50 all that.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/e7d6e221-e72d-4d77-b865-636d429cd7b7?gamerTag=SullenMosquito&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88

Here is the screenshot I took after it loaded the one time.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/9227f82a-a4c5-44c3-ad3f-9eb6103a4ecc?gamerTag=SullenMosquito&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88