Can we get a date for the Steam port of KI already?

I think it’s just they don’t want to make a statement, only for that statement to fall apart, thus causing chaos and people to grab the torches and pitchforks. So, by making sure that it is SOLIDLY in place, they can say it with confidence and not worry about unforeseen forces ruining it.

5 Likes

I think that’s fair. But the idea that it’s not solidly in place weeks (not months) before the launch seems a little nuts doesn’t it?

Also, the date is one thing. Cross play and cross Buy should be well in hand by now shouldn’t they? Just to say yes or no?

8 week already makes 2 month its still months! i dont trust them!

Weeks until release or announcement? 110

“I used to scoff at the impatience of people waiting for character announcements etc. but I’m truthfully sick of never knowing anything about the game. It’s really impossible for me to provide any defense for the information flow related to the game.”

Finally, now you see the light.

i think rukarı said announcement of announcement

Have my upvote.

Would love to tell you plans, but more often than not plans change dramatically before the final “product” comes to light.

Touching on Ultra Tour for a hot second - we almost had a contract with Valoraxe & co. to assist with their tournament in the UK. Unfortunately, that fell through in 11th hour. Multiplayer in KI was broken weeks before 11/22/13. Almost didn’t ship. There were talks of a 4th remixed character (back in the early stages of choosing which characters to remix) but instead, Ultimates were created.

I guess what I am saying is that if we can, we will absolutely tell you what is going on. However, sometimes there are legal reasons we cannot do so (UK tourneys), and sometimes there are technical reasons (features not shipping). We want to be sure. Game development is nasty stuff, and I am thankful the only thing I have to do is message back and forth.

The new problem, especially since Season 3 came around, is that KI usually operates fast and loose with information, but we used to deliver content monthly (especially early in the game’s life). Now that things are slowing down, the news isn’t fast at all, but it is definitely still loose. I completely get the frustration around that. 99% of the time I agree with you wholeheartedly. The whole team does. But we are where we are.

I’m not asking anyone to take this and “understand.” Y’all are free to think how you will, and we will watch like we always have, noting opportunities to peel back the curtain a bit and make things happen where we can.

Saying “stay tuned” has turned into the official joke of our little group, but don’t think either side takes any joy in the words.

16 Likes

I appreciate you coming forth with this info. Hopefully people understand.

3 Likes

I totally get this, I do. But when you say “we are where we are,” I still kinda have to ask… Where is that, exactly?

Are we nearing the end of this game’s lifecycle? Are we still post-season 3? Pre-season 4? If season 4 is not in development then does that mean not enough people are playing? What would MS/IG be working on then and why can’t we get any type of clue or hint yet?

I agree that content is now delivered more slowly then it was on the prior monthly schedule, but we don’t really know why that change was made and what that might mean for the future, especially now that everything we knew was coming has already arrived.

You said the following at the end of the 3.9 patch notes vid:

“What that means is that we’re more than likely not doing another pass at sweeping changes anytime soon. Before you worry, no, this is not a farewell message. You know our motto… You keep playing and we’ll keep working to deliver you the best game we absolutely can.”

I know most of us are still playing, still spending money, etc. So is there some point in the near future where we’ll see if stuff is currently being worked on? Is there a reason why it’s not being worked on within the confines of a seasonal model where fans know what they’ll be getting over the course of a given time for a substantial amount of content?

Are big things still planned for this game? Are those season 3 survey characters like Lovecraftian, Djinn, Wendigo and Pre-Transformation Cinder still on the table as options, has anyone looked in to the feasibility of bringing back a classic stage or two? Or are we mainly looking forward to some additional colors and that’s it?

Please know that NONE of this is intended in anger or even frustration. I just want more of a good thing, so none of this comes from a place of negativity over what you can’t tell us. I know you would if you could.

It’d just be nice if we could get some sort of forward baring for where this game is headed content-wise. Is there any way you guys would be willing to do a Q&A or some type of “State of KI” blog post (this is where we’ve been, this is why we decided to change things a bit, this is what we’re hoping to get done before this game ends or in the next year, etc) that gives us some sense of direction now that we’ve waded out of the post-season 3 waters?

2 Likes

I guess the thing to take away from rukizzel’s message is that there is a good chance cross-play could not happen, since it must be one of those things that’s still uncertain even just weeks away from launch. That’s kind of a big bummer to me.

7 Likes

Gez, the thought that we could’ve gotten a 4th 3.X fighter is going to haunt me for a while… I wonder what it would’ve been, and who it would’ve remixed? :thinking: After all, I absolutely love Kilgore! :gun::gun: :robot:

-Zenek

PS. Not sure if I’m in the minority, but I miiiiiiiight’ve picked the 3.X fighter instead of Ultimates. (Don’t hurt me, forum family!) :scream:

4 Likes

I would have picked another character over ultimates as well. But no point in getting salty over something that’s said and done.

2 Likes

While I’d prefer that as well, I definitely think they made the right decision there, as the outcry for Ultimates seemed never ending at times. I think it’s awesome that they switched their own prior stance to give so many what they wanted (and to dodo forfre, no less).

It’s one of those deals for me where as much as I would’ve liked, say, Pre-Transformation Cinder, I’m probably happier that those clammoring for Ultimates for so long finally got what they wanted. :slight_smile:

Oh, don’t get me wrong- I’ve been enjoying the Ultimates, especially Kilgore, Riptor, Sabrewulf, Aganos, and Thunder’s, but now I’ll always have that nagging voice in my head that will keep me up at night wondering who or what that 4th 3.X fighter would’ve been! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

-Zenek

2 Likes

Well, if what they say is true, if we keep playing they’ll keep making more, so it’s possible we’ll see remix #4 sometime in the future. And the rest of the ultimates.

5 Likes

From your lips to the Shadowlord’s ears, man! Both would be very welcome as far as I’m concerned.

Now I kinda wish @rukizzel could tell us who they were considering… :smile:

1 Like

I’m sure there wasn’t simply one character they were considering, it was probably just initial discussions of how many to make etc. Personally I love that they choose Ultimates, it speaks volumes about their dedication to the fan base to give us something we asked for over something they would have financially profited from.

Also I agree with @Iago407 a QandA or State of KI blog post would be amazing. Personally I love this game and don’t feel I’m owed anything more (in fact I’ve gotten more from this game than I could have ever hoped for) and I will continue to play this for years regardless of new content but it would be nice to have managed expectations of whether I should be hoping for much more in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aganos was a thought.

10 Likes

Ah, nice! Thanks for letting me know. Wonder if that was Ent Aganos or something different. Either way, though it may have been cool, I’m still happy with what we got. Still hoping for Lovecraftian, Djinn, Pre-Transformation Cinder and a few others, perhaps in a season 4 shaped package. But I’ll keep playing regardless of whether that comes to pass or not.

@rukizzel i know you guys aren’t associate with the Ultimate Source but i have to ask if i bought Limited Edition Shadow Jago Toy am i able to claim that on Steam platform too ?(Color 10) because you guys are releasing the codes. I would be so appreciate if you are able to ask right department!