Can someone please explain to me what just happened?

Man, DAY ONE as Omen I have to fight Gargos.

He pulls this full life bar crap on me and I almost loose to him.

On DAY ONE.

On NORMAL.

You fought him on day one? Why?

Because it was a mission that popped up for Omen on day one?

I didn’t skip ahead to him, this was one of two available missions on day one.

Oh really? Well that’s interesting.

1 Like

Yeah it was kinda surprising, he was whooping on me as if it was day 25. The difficulty needs to be scaled back man.

Hmmmmmmmmm…I dunno. The ■■■■■■ in me says otherwise. You can’t say sad ist really?

of course he has unbalanced nonsense, hes the boss character!

It makes sense actually, in the beta people cheesed Kyle mode Gargos by raging demoning him with Omen. This means if you went for the same crap, hed at least get rezzed from all the instinct you just gave him.

On easy though? Really nobody sees a problem with the boss being unbeatable on the mode that claims to be for people new to fighting games? Sure on Godlike make him a huge pain but on easy? Come on, its absurd.

bbuutt heeess the BOSS characteeer!

Even Shao Khan in MKII was beatable on easy despite being a total turd on any other difficulty. :\

Oh yay hes Gill.

I have yet to play SL because of stupid me at first (deleting the email with the early access out of habit) and now stupid ISP (down again, and exactly when no one can tell me what’s going wrong). I am honestly very intrigued now to try on normal and see if he’s just as difficult as you say.

I’m sure that I’m probably blowing it a wee bit out of proportion and some people will be able to manage better that I, the fact still remains that normal Gargos is now much harder than challenging Gargos was in pre-release and its very frustrating.

In the pre release on normal it was kinda easy, like, real easy, it definitely needed a difficulty buff. I think it’s better for it being hard/challenging than it being easy, especially since they were hyping gargos up the whole time so they had to deliver.

You can’t even unlock the Astral plane stage on normal anymore, there’s really no reason for it to be absurdly hard though. I get having him tough to beat on challenging and godlike but on normal? Man I don’t think its appropriate, the easiest setting is supposed to be manageable for everyone who picks up the game. That’s why unlocks are now held behind a difficulty barrier.

IG coulda thought “this should be easy enough with his new stuff.”

I looked at it as? What op stuff could a boss in fighting games have? Revive? Unblockable? Near infinite meter? High damage? He has all of it. You just have to outsmart it. I beat Gargos relatively easily my first time through but I watched DJames and his poison unblockable setup. Worked like a charm. I still almost lost but I didn’t lose a character beating him.

Okay this is just ridiculous.

I just got to him on normal and lost again because of this new ability. I got him down one bar with Glacius, almost beat him on the second bar so I waited until after he activated instinct much like you would with Combo to kill him to prevent his resurrection. Well that didn’t work, even without instinct he gained another bar and killed me.

Second character, got him almost all the way down to danger and poof he gains a second bar and kills me. Same story with the last character, barely managed to get him down again and magically he’s got another health bar.

You might as well just give Gargos an extra three health bars and cut out the gimmick.

Oh so it’s a free health bar per character eh? Hmmmmmmmmm…

wow now ill never beat him

1 Like