By 2016 would you like KI to be reclasified as an M rated game? POLL

The combo system is great, incorporating a lil bit more graphic content wouldn’t hurt though.

1 Like

Bro, you’re talking about realism in a game with a walking skeleton, a robotic, fire-breathing dino, a monk that can throw fireballs, a war golem, a werewolf, a sorcerer with the power to control sand, a special agent that can summon Tigers made of pure plasma and has an unlimited amount of grenades that she can (literally) pull out of her ■■■, an assassin that can jump while in the air, a native American warrior that can change his momentum while in mid-air and become a murder of crows, and, last but not least, a man made entirely of fire. “Realism” isn’t even possible in this game.

I don’t see KI as a cartoon, I don’t see it as realistic as MK, doesn’t mean there can’t be some logical realism.

Might as well just ignore him from this point - Ishmae1’s post is kryptonite to everything he’s posted in this thread, he just doesn’t understand that yet.

3 Likes

The thread isn’t really about changing KI’s rating to M, it’s not a petition, rather, OP asks people if they would want that in theory. It was pretty obvious from the start that is probably never happening, but people still can discuss, right?

To me, the following quotes seem to indicate he still thinks it will happen, especially as the last was a direct response to Ishmae1’s post. These don’t strike me as discussion, just more channeling of Veruca Salt.

Logical realism would make Spinal fall apart at the start of the match. Logical realism would make Aganos not exist. Logical realism would mean that Saira can’t double jump. Logical realism would mean that Thunder couldn’t do Skyfall. Logical realism would mean that Hisako couldn’t actually make contact with anyone, if she could even exist. Logical realism would mean that Orchid couldn’t pull infinite grenades out of her ■■■.

1 Like

I am not ruling out it will never happen.

Not as realistic as the MK where you break people’s skulls to pieces, rip out their entrails, freeze them and stab them in they eye with them and then both of you go back to “neutral” to continue the fight? Yes, it’s not as realistic as that.

You can’t have a rational conversation with someone who is going to make statements like this. An irrational conversation would be fine too, if it was at least interesting, but this isn’t. I’ve done my time on this and every other M rating/violence/gore thread. Peace out everyone.

1 Like

Don’t know how much clearer he could’ve made this.

Oh, putting you in the “unclear” pile was just a tokenistic benefit-of-doubt concession to the “Yes” side of the (already landslide “No”) poll, because rebutting a “Yes” argument doesn’t technically determine your vote in itself. I fully understood your point.

IG should start charging people to post threads related to the rating and use the proceeds for tournament prize pools. You thought the Shago pool was big, just wait!!!

4 Likes

Not as realistic as ‘Mortal Kombat’? You mean, the game where a ninja with the power to create ice from nothing can travel through a dimensional portal to another world, get into a fight, punch someone in the gut so hard his hand enters their body, rip out their entrails, freeze those entrails into a spear made of ice, and then stab his opponent in the eye with that frozen spear hard enough to shatter their orbital bone and deep enough to pierce the brain, and then have that opponent completely unfazed and able to continue the fight?

That’s the strict adherence to reality you’re craving?

C’mon guy, just between you and me, you know that’s a ridiculous argument to make, right? You’re just trolling.

And I love ‘Mortal Kombat’. It’s a big pile of ridiculous nonsense where a movie star with his own name tattooed across his abs can fight a 200 year-old four-armed monster for the fate of all reality. It’s dumb and glorious and makes no apologies for it.

Fighting games are only passingly familiar with reality, at best. Which is great. If you’re looking for reality, dust off a PS1 and track down a copy of ‘Bushido Blade’. That game was awesome.

2 Likes

Logic? Are you really using logic as an argument in KI?

If we were somehow able to display the actual age of each user in the forums, I think we would begin to understand how topics like this keep coming up…

5 Likes

OH SNAP! IT’S LEO! STILL ROCKING THE ARCHER ICON!

I feel like a rock star just walked in…

I was genuinely worried you were gone, good to see you back.

1 Like

was talking more about the art style.

Laughing at all of this… It’s all about business and numbers at the end of the day so I get it. I won’t mention it anymore, now what about TJ Combo moveset? Doesn’t require any ratings to change does it? :triumph:

If the added content that pushed it over into M territory was suitably repulsive to me, then yes, I would absolutely (and immediately) drop the game because of a new rating.

Are you suuuuuure about that?

1 Like

if he pulled out a Tech N9ne on some ones ■■■ M rated