By 2016 would you like KI to be reclasified as an M rated game? POLL

Our answer is NO. This is not MK!
KI 1994 and KI2 are T rated, I told you again, Iron Galaxy won’t let KI become like MK.

Well, that’s another thing. I am talking about the fact itself of switching to M, not the nature of content.
Your reason would be quite understandable.

If they changed the rating to M and didn’t change any of the game’s content, then that wouldn’t affect me, of course (although, it would negatively affect where the game can be displayed and sold, so it wouldn’t make much sense).

Presumably they would change the rating to M only if they were planning to add M-rated content, not just for the sake of it. And there is a fairly good chance that whatever new content they would add that justifies the M rating would get me to stop playing the game. Certainly, any of the suggestions that Killerswift has brought up in this thread would be enough to get me to stop playing.

1 Like

It’s fine. I just felt the need to explain.

The mid 90s were a different time. We know so much more about game development now (and what violence does and doesn’t add to a game whose main focus is on deep gameplay) that [insert rest of argument here that won’t be read so I won’t bother typing it]

Also, if your best argument for why violence shouldn’t be in the game is “what are ya, a little girl? a wuss?”, then there’s not much to say in response.

Not entirely sure why I’m still posting in this topic, actually! Enjoy your day, gents.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?searchType=title&titleOrPublisher=Tekken

1 Like

What do you know, not one of the Tekken series installments is M rated. I thought there was one or two, but not one…

No, it’s not in there because it’s a tasteless, demeaning outfit that reduces Orchid to nothing more than a mindless object. Her design now commands respect and presence she never had before, and you really want to take that away from her? The rating isn’t the problem with the costume, the costume itself is the problem with the costume.

By who’s standards, and what rock are you living under?

Brutality for the sake of brutality will do nothing to change the game’s core gameplay. It doesn’t affect combo breakers, it doesn’t affect shadow counters, etc. If anything, it’s gonna give KI a bad reputation as the game that tried to beat MK by ripping off its core identity and trying to copy and paste it in.

On top of that, Adam made a big point I totally forgot about earlier. Countries like Germany and Australia and other foreign markets have lots of strict measures on the sales of games that may be considered too graphic. KI being rated M would pretty much lead to it getting banned in certain countries, and further diminish its widely recieved audience. As it stands even MK is banned in several countries around the world. In this sense, the T rating works GREATLY to the game’s sales advantage.

2 Likes

If you feel like it’s in your best interests to insult the other users on the forum like you are, you’ll have a hard time convincing anyone of anything.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

And an American MA 17+ = an Australian R.

There is no R in America, I feel like there might be a misunderstanding here.

Over the past two decades, since the early 90’s, there had been tons of fighting games that were M rated.

Outside of MK, all of them have been relegated to the ignoble dustbins of history. The vast majority of them received not one single sequel.

Why didn’t an M rating “help” them?

There was an over saturation of fighting games, SF,TEKKEN,MK,MVC, Injustuce… MK made the right moves in the 90’s and pushed the gore to the limits which was a smart move because it set it appart. Adding some more gore during ultra and ultimates wouldn’t be ripping off MK in any way because of the way ultras and ulitimates are done in KI.

here’s a ghost glass frog

also T rating is permanent

2 Likes

i’d definitly not like to see any head rolling or any arms cut lol, however i would like to hear more realistic sounds aka hurt sounds, hit sounds, weapon sounds (just hear jason’s knife sounds vs jago’s sword sound … ) is that something out of question here? what do you guys think?

try harder. Bruh now ur just bein lazy.

Just because I can beat you at debate over this topic you have just gone into name calling and trolling.

The post from the devs earlier says otherwise.

3 Likes