Buying a Killer Guardian Pack

Left stick bugged?

For some reason if you use the RIGHT-stick (my bad) to break mediums you activate your consumable. Iā€™ve wasted to many of those things because of this bug, so much so that I just try not to break at all In SLs. But yeah, it isnā€™t so much a bug specifically with the Ram Guardian, more so because the Ramā€™s thing is breaking, if Iā€™m focused on breaking and then go for a medium breaker, I get punished.

Itā€™s not a bug. Itā€™s intentional. @Delriach said so. Because certain consumables work DURING combos so pressing the actual taunt button make it odd. So they mapped it to the right direction on the right stick. You have to use the left direction instead.

I didnā€™t like it at first but now Iā€™ve developed muscle memory for it so Iā€™m good now.

That really sucks. You mean I have to relearn how I break with the stick. SMH. That is just annoying

Not really. You could always break both left and right on the right stick. I just never really used left side that much. But now I do. Eh, didnā€™t take me long. It helps.

Yeah Im realizing this now that I see their are higher level guardians lol

gargos is still a cheap ā– ā– ā–  mofoh

Yeah, itā€™s a compressed tier list :wink:

My first 6 killer guardians (from the 17.000 pack) were:

Ram
Ram
Ram + bat
Ram
Ram

Fortunately the last 2 were:
Snake
Fractured Ward

Iā€™m not sure if that was coincidence but i only started to get other guardians when all my exemplar slots got filled.

Coincidence. Iā€™ve gotten in total 8 killer bats lol.

Update: @FengShuiEnergy You were right. It really wasnā€™t that big of a deal to make the switch in my brain. Iā€™m able to enjoy the game that much more knowing now that I can play how I want.

I donā€™t think that is a factor. At the moment I have all my guardian slots filled with varying levels of Guardians, and I STILL get a ton of Exemplarsā€¦I think I get those more than anything else.

Right now, all Iā€™m looking for is a Killer Ram, and a Killer Fractured Ward. All my other Guardians seem to have pretty good stats in comparison to all the others Iā€™ve bought. Most of them are still just regular though, meaning they donā€™t have that special seal on them, but of the 20 Guardians I have like 6 with the seal, all are common and rare. I have yet to find an Epic Guardian with the seal.

So yeah, that is another goal I guess, to keep trying to find better and better Guardians. What I really wish was a thing was that each Guardian had levels/experience points, and you could upgrade them as you used them. That or you could literally feed Guardians to other Guardians.

The killer ram is argubly worse then itā€™s epic version. :confused: Sure you get 8 breakers right off the batā€¦but there is no way to save them while getting comboed. So if you get comboed 8 times in a row quickly you just used up your whole 8 charges then the ram is useless (gone) for the rest of the match.

Break once so they counter break next time, or break when they shadow. Eat the small comboā€™s that do minor damage. Gotta play around the guardians. If all they do is combo, they are not really playing around your guardian.

They donā€™t have to counter break though. They can just keep doing heavies all day and youā€™ll be forced to break if you donā€™t want 40%+ damage taken. They will just repeat that until you run out of breakers then youā€™ll be back to regular breakers. The epic version gives 11-12 breakers total, the killer only gives 8.

Then thereā€™s the exemplar guardian which can nullify the ram altogether. Another reason the exemplar is the best guardian the game with virtually no equal. The only drawback to it is itā€™s not beginner or intermediate friendly.

Yeah Iā€™d kinda like to see them retool the killer version a little. Getting eight psychic breaks right off the bat is nice, but when you burn through them, youā€™re left with a killer level guardian thatā€™s nothing more than passive buffs and that seems really odd for something thatā€™s supposed to be the highest level, not to mention he fact that you can actually gain more in total with the epic version.

Like I said, Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll adjust this somehow, because while I liked the ram at lower levels when I first got the common version, I only use the killer level ram on deploys to raise the chances of success.

I know they can spam heavies, forcing you to break, but if you get repeatedly opened up, that also is an issue. Armor lets me get any opening I see, exemplar does that even better. A perfect rare(meant epic) ram is the way to go though if you prefer to use ram.

1 Like

Rare ram? Whatā€™s nice about a rare ram?

Meant to say Epic ram. It should have stats close to killer. Low enough % difference to not be really noticeable.

Oh ok. Yeah the epic version is better.