Blazblue Chronophantasma extend

There is more than SF in this game right? I mean like a story, arcade, Player/CPU vs CPU, etc.?

I heard it had a story but I don’t know if it’s fully fleshed out and if there is enough content in the game to keep me entertain if I don’t end up liking online.

It had the most modes I have EVER seen in a game. Including sc & MK.

They are the most interesting and expansive. Definitely worth your time.

1 Like

Awesome, adding it to my “Buy-List” now.

It has a boatload of modes indeed and a catch-up thingie to see where the story is so far I believe, only did one match and some time in practice though.

It has a kind of cam mode (called stylish mode) for easy start.

It plays incredibly different from any fighter I have ever played, but in a good way, only 4 buttons really (weak,medium,hard and special). But it looks awesome, the graphics are great, but it really shines in all the flashy moves to me.

Also, I am no fighting game prodigy, and I’ll mostly play this casual, so if I ever fight you @oTigerSpirit, you’ll stand a decent to good chance to win.

1 Like

Anyone sort of similar to Jago/Ryu? Lol. I saw this guy and thought he looked cool, sort of reminds me of Dante from Devil May Cry. Who knows, I may end up liking the worst character in the cast. PLACE YOUR BETS!

I played my tutorial with him, he indeed reminded me of Dante, felt like a good character.

Then I played her…

And she was awesome too, she throws her staff and can even plant it in the ground and then balance on it. Or change it into a wooden dude/practice dummy to knock you senseless…

I really like the character designs, but its really anime, which is fine, makes it different from KI.

1 Like

Bruh, she’s bae :joy:

I love the art style, but I was worried it would’ve felt too clunky and rough for me. Seems like the animations are nice from what I’ve seen. Also, all the characters even the ones I’m not fond of still have interesting aspects.

Lol, you can have her, I’m going for Squirrel Girl

Anyway, I’ll totally pick this game up next paycheck.

Its the underboo…ehhh, upperbra that did it for ya eh :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a great game and if you like anime fighters it’s definitely worth picking up. There are lots of modes and tutorials, and if anything too much. It’s a bit overwhelming to try to get into the game. Also, the story mode is painfully slow and features a lot of very classic anime dialogue involving:
"Huh?“
long pause
"What do you mean?”
"eh?!“
long pause
"Oh. I just mean. Well… you know. Nevermind!”
"Oh! well if you want to be that way…"
long pause

I find that I can’t take it. They talk for half an hour and say nothing, and then when they do say something it’s absolute nonsense. I can’t believe that it’s any better in Japanese, but maybe if you’re an anime fan this works for you.

But as a fighter, it’s great. Sort of like a slightly less technical Guilty Gear. A bit more technical than something like Skullgirls. The character designs are… anime, and there are abundant different playstyles - some of which are immediately much easier to use than others. I fear that overall the game isn’t very balanced when some characters can kill you in a few hits (Hakumen) or have incredibly strong moves and others have to string together huge combos many times - but I admit I’m not an advanced player. You will find that until you really learn the game there are characters people can just get on and mash buttons with and defeat you pretty handily.

1 Like

I honestly wont recommend this game at this stage. Not only is the update not coming to xbox but the online is laggy and not to forget how overly complicated the mechanics are. I wasted 50 for this game cuz i t looked hyped, fast paced. Now I regret. Better play KI and wait for other fighters

Speaking of BB, how 'bout that GG?

On topic though, YO, WHEN’S JUBEI?!

The game has good netcode when your connections are good.

So it’s in English… Not Japanese like I was told. I guess that’s just the tutorial? Nonetheless, it does have English.

I remember seeing an option for japanese voices…

I’m sure they have both but someone mentioned it’s only Japanese.

1 Like

For Central Fiction it is.

That one isnt releasing on xbox though

That must have been me. I apologize for that. With the talk of BB, my mind always wanders to Central Fiction.

TBH, you’re better off looking at another game since once CF releases, I can’t imagine many still playing CPEX regardless of console choice.

1 Like