Been playing PC version - won't be returning to XBox One

love it, once we get our TE2 drivers for the win10 ill be migrating entirely to PC and just use my x1 to play games with my friends. its not really fun playing with a controller because its broken lol

did you overclock your i5 and are you running the game off an SSD?

Yeah overall I think the PC release was handled really well thanks to crossbuy: PC users are happy because KI is finally on their chosen platform too while Xbox users got a free PC version. The weird thing is however that I think Xbox user who have a PC will appreciate this port a bit more than PC gamers but that has nothing to do with IG (the port is just great, no question about that)ā€¦

ā€¦BUT the Windows Store and UWP is just not there yet when it comes to PC gaming. When I recommend the game to fellow PC gamers lots of times I get the responses like ā€œoh man, this should be on Steam, Windows Store is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€. Honestly I think this game should never pop up on Steam because itā€™s a great title to promote UWP and the Windows Store - I think many would agree that KI is the fighting game most suited for a PC audience because of its business model - but when it comes to the user experience UWP basically functions like a console on PC which is not that great.

When youā€™re a PC gamer you get used to using certain applications (recording software, fps monitoring software, overlays, vsync and frame limit injectors, you name it) and at this point those just wonā€™t work on UWP applications which is a bummer. Funny story: I wanted to record some footage because I plan on writing a review for a small site when the season comes to a close and NVIDIA Shadowplay just doesnā€™t work. Then I was like ā€œokay, letā€™s try using the Xbox app for recordingā€ and guess what? Even the Xbox app doesnā€™t support recording in KI so far, thatā€™s some crazy stuff. :smiley:

Also when it comes to just doing stuff with the store and your account itā€™s inferior to something like Steam and in some regards I definitely got the ā€œGames for Windows Live vibeā€ which is something MS should escape from while it can if they want to maintain a successful service. Itā€™s this archaic ā– ā– ā– ā–  again, like why would I need to pay money for changing my username (the system says that I already changed it once which I donā€™t remember but I guess itā€™s rioght)? I wonā€™t do that because itā€™s just stupid but I eventually may have to do it because it even affects places like this very forum: on the old forums I had a different username (Zaxx or ZaxxerDog, those are the ones Iā€™m using) yet now I have to see my 8 years old one because changing it costs money. :smiley:

These quirks of course wonā€™t stop me from picking up the Supreme Edition but some people are not this ā€œforgivingā€.

1 Like

Hey BigBadAndy.

Donā€™t get me wrong, you donā€™t NEED to go to AMD. I was just using that as an example of something that is in line with the power of what I have, thatā€™s a ā€œfairā€ price. I know NVIDIA has to offer something of similar caliber. In this case, I believe the GTX 960 is in line with the R9 380 I mentioned. You definitely donā€™t need to move from NVidia to AMD to get similar performance to what I have.

As you say, XB1 vs PC, vs PC w/ Upgrade is a personal choice. My machine, 3 years old, surprises me that it can run KI this well honestly. And I had similar results with Metal Gear Solid V (honestly not a graphically intense game like say, Just Cause 3).

If youā€™re happy, thatā€™s all that matters. I will continue playing games on the XB1, but for KI and maybe now Quantum Break, Iā€™m going to at least give the PC edition a real shot.

Potential sappy post incomingā€¦

It honestly makes me very happy that people are finally playing on PC and are happy with it. I donā€™t have a PC, and I really donā€™t have a desire to get one as Iā€™m happy with my set up as is. That being said, Iā€™m glad other people are happy / happier with what they own, as in the end we can all play where we want, how we want, and still all play together.

Iā€™ve been saying for years that Iā€™ve been longing for the days when the ā€œone console futureā€ would be upon us, and this so far is the closest weā€™ve come (at least as far as a community that Iā€™ve been apart of). I hate segmented communities. With people being where they want, but all on the same network, this is how it should always be / should have been. I hope the offer that MS put out there to Sony, for them to allow cross platform network play, comes to fruition in the near future.

Could you imagine the combined FG community able to play a single title across PC, XBL, PSN, and what ever else? It would be amazing to have the maximum player base allowed, there for upping the comp that much more.

All this just makes me excited for the future of gaming as a whole.

I have a 4170 core i3 and a 256GB SSD Crucial.

And I load KI stages in a split second there is no loading time. If I play against a XBOX One player I need to wait 5 to 6 seconds. Once its against another PC user its a nano second. lol

But I am so happy for this game on PC this is one of the main reason I am going to buy the Supreme edition just to show the devs a big thank you. because I donā€™t like S3 characters but what the heck. I could NEVER justify buying a console because In my country a console costs double the price due to high import tax and duty, but a PC is seen as a learning tool so its tax free.

Thatā€™s as expected.

The bug was it would just sit there, the spinning logo thing would stop, and youā€™d get a hard crash out of the game. Basically unplayable because it would never get beyond the main logo screen.

Iā€™m actually the reverse of this currently - my laptop isnā€™t powerful enough unfortunately to run the game in online ranked. To be fair, with my total lack of sight, I canā€™t say I care about the graphics. The loading times are not as good as on Xbox One on my current hardware. Will have to test with my better spec PC though.

No worries, I didnā€™t think you meant that at all you were just being helpful. I honestly wish I had the time and energy to actually figure out graphics card comparisons but stupid life takes up too much of my time.

I just built my daughter the follow compy:
Core i5 6600k quad core@3.5 ghz, ocā€™ed to 4.5ghz
16gb ram@2300mhz
256G SSD
GeForce 970 4G ram
All water cooled
25" 2560xsomething resolution (not sure on this, but at the higher resoltion)

Iā€™m running at all the highest setting. Holy cow

The bump up from 1080p on my compy was astounding. If you think the game looks good now on xbox1ā€¦ You are missing out. Menus are all snappy and everything loads like greased lightning.

This game was made for pc. Now going back to Xbox one it feels like Iā€™m on a ps1 or something