Attitude problem from Old Players in KI

Yeah I agree with this and personally seen it.

Every other match is a teabagger or an incessant taunter or someone that is yelling into the mic. Trust me. Every three or four matches or so somebody sends me a nasty message, either because I beat them or because they beat me. I just ignore it now, and move on. Thatā€™s all you can do. But donā€™t believe the lies here.

I donā€™t play rank much but when I do I know itā€™s probably rude but I mute the game. I play to have fun and escape not listen to people overreact to a game.

1 Like

Itā€™s not limited to Ranked. Hell, itā€™s not even limited to randoms. Your own friends get salty over fighting games. Thatā€™s why I almost unfriended everybody. A waste of time.

Pretty sure this type of thing is on every game that has any competitive nature in it. Any online community produces tough panzies because there is no risk in them trying to intimidate you where they wouldnā€™t in a face to face scenario. So just do your best to ignore it. All I get are rage quitters, so I feel even better that prople rage quit to my level 5-10 characters let alone my mains.

I have to say Iā€™m quite surprised, Iā€™ve been playing since season 1 and Iā€™ve never, ever received a single hate mail. I do mute all the ranked matches though, mostly cuz I donā€™t want to be distracted by other peopleā€™s rants or comments.

As a rule, I never teabag, taunt or double ultra anyone unless they do it to me, whatā€™s the point in being disrespectful? So childish.

Some people just take video games too seriously, thereā€™s a world out there, you knowā€¦

Impossible for me to believe that you never received a nasty message. You must only receive messages from friends or something. There is absolutely no way you have not received a nasty message if you have played this game for any length of time. Either someone sends you a nasty message because they say you suck, because you use a cheap character or because thatā€™s what they do.

Honestly just be the bigger person and pay it no mindā€¦ move onā€¦ donā€™t let this tarnish your entire outlook on the game, its not a KI thing, we cant control the ignorant, they are free to do as they please, just stay the high road, come to the community, build relationships and use lobbies instead of randomā€¦ all these will help

Pretty much what everyone is saying. Try different modes. Me personally go to Shadow Lab mode to chillax if I get too heated in Rank (which im still gold in even though i was killer for majority of S2). even exhibition mode or lobbies are good options. You just need to not take the other players seriously. Let them T-Bag and what not and just move on to the next match! Easier said than done i know but if you take it personal youā€™ll wind up hating the game and we donā€™t want to lose people in our community to BS!

Thatā€™s pretty much where I spend a good chuck of my time. I know itā€™s better to play live matches but I feel I learn a lot more in the SL.

depending on the shadow, if the shadow is trained well it might as well be the actual person. I have lots of people from here on my hit list to take down! Add me if you havenā€™t already! GT is the same as my username here!

1 Like

[quote=ā€œmineisbroken, post:57, topic:10611ā€]
If it really becomes bothersome you can set your incoming voice and text messages to ā€œreceive from friends onlyā€. I had to do that with mk9 because Raiden + Corner = Infinite Hatemail.
[/quote]I actually donā€™t recommend that you do this, and for 2 reasons: 1) it prevents you from making any new friends, except through friends you already have, and 2) it means you let the trolls get to you and effectively win (not that itā€™s a contest or anything, mind you). Playing online is largely meant to be a sociable experience - by not being socialble with random people you meet online, and trying to make new friends, youā€™re effectively mitigating the point of playing online at all.

This is blatantly untrue, and Iā€™ll tell you why with a simple question: have you polled the entire Internet and had them answer back? No? Okay, thenā€¦ And the same applies to the forum users. Iā€™ve played with most of the regulars here, and most of them play just fine. Even if what you say is true, and If they donā€™t play like little angels elsewhere, then thatā€™s still not really my concern now is it (since they treat me with dignity and respect)? Besides, even on this forum, you canā€™t possibly account for everyone. How could you?

Donā€™t spout out misinformation or statements as fact that you canā€™t possibly support without evidence. Itā€™s not sensical.

I find that a lot of the flack people get online, believe it or not, is because of something they did, inadvertantly or otherwise. For example, sometimes, Iā€™ll use Aganosā€™ taunt only once after I win, because from my perspective, it looks almost as if heā€™s clapping (and I often do the same with Thunderā€™s taunt). However, not everyone sees it this way, and will often start to teabag and become rude and disrespectful afterwards, which then leads to text messages, andā€¦ Well, you get the idea. So, the best advice I can give you is to simply be nice - kill them with kindness. Leave your mic open so they can hear you (in other words, donā€™t mute them or limit yourself to your friends): Before the match starts, say hello and wish them luck. During the fight, compliment them on what theyā€™re doing and offer them advice if you think they might need it (most newer players will appreciate this and actually learn from it). After the fight, congratulate them on winning or trying their hardest and tell them GG, so that they leave feeling good. If they still do something rude, like teabag you however, then say something simple, like ā€œwell, that wasnā€™t necessaryā€ and leave it at that. In a lot of cases, if you continue to compliment them on a good match, etc. afterwards, despite their vile attitude, it will actually make them feel bad for being rude to you - and guilt can be used to lead to a change in attitude. Iā€™ve actually received apologies from doing this to people who have disrespected me online.

Sure, there are going to be the bad apples who will always be rude no matter what (which thankfully, are very few and far between - and donā€™t be fooled! it only seems like thereā€™s a lot of them, because they make the most noise - in truth, they probably donā€™t even make up a tenth of users online; as they say, ā€œbad news travels further than good newsā€), but like others have already said on here, those are the kind of people that you mute right away and report, if necessary, since theyā€™re just out to give everyone a bad time for their own amusement - theyā€™re the kind of players that donā€™t deserve your attention, reply, or even to be online - ever. Ignore them, so they donā€™t have any power whatsoever over you, and do what you can so that they canā€™t continue doing that to others (if itā€™s a common, repetitive thing that they do, most services (including XBL) will suspend and/or ban them if enough reports from people come through over time), so do your part!

I hope that helps! :wink:

2 Likes

I suggest selecting shadow mode and leveling your characters up that way. I understand some people love the thrill of live matches , but you get the sense of a great fight and you can learn a lot through challenging shadows and shadow survival without all the salty craziness most ranked and exhibition users can give you.

Shadow mode is my most used besides vs PC.

Every once in a while I will test a multiplayer but, like last night, a level 45 Shago with a manual lag machine was no match for my Kim & rage quit when he was 15% away from my winningā€¦

I lose & lose a lot.

Yes I will admit it does get frustrating sometimes when you lose or make some mistakes and get creamed but I take the L and try to keep on. The nasty comments and profane language can be infectious so I am sure it just passes from one mad player to the next.

ā€¦ Youā€™re the salty taunter that had to be repremanded by the mods here for calling me out by name after taunting (multiple times) and losing a set last year. Funny you should talk. See what I mean OP? These community guys are what Iā€™ve described. What a joke. Lol.

Lol. Iā€™m not going to lie - half the reason I want to play you is just because Iā€™m curious about your playstyle; Iā€™m interested to what you could possibly be doing to get so much apparent salt :joy: Iā€™ve played a lot of KI, and much of that time was spent playing one of the most hated characters in the game, and I think the KI community by and large is pretty darn friendly. Jerks are very much in the minority of people I fight, whether in Ranked or Exhibition.

1 Like

I knew youā€™d get it.

1 Like

As a Kan-Ra player, Iā€™m prone to getting all kinds of hate mail, even since S3! For those that claim heā€™s cheap or not a real character, I simply challenge their reasoning behind that statement, and ask for facts. Most canā€™t come up with anything substantial, so I end up reading a slew of complaints. Rather than reply with the same type of banter, I use this as an opportunity to help the person understand the matchup. Iā€™ve had to do this awhile ago, and it actually changed the dynamic of the conversation and the ā€œdigital atmosphereā€.

I say all of that to say from a community building standpoint, yeah getting hate mail sucks. However, some of those people are simply salty, and/or donā€™t understand the matchup, and might be willing to get some advice from you. Itā€™s a 50/50 mixup, because that person may not give a damn about whatever you have to say. Itā€™s all up to you really as to whether or not you want to be a ā€œcivil citizenā€ and help the person out.

Not everybody is on the ultra-combo boards. I go in with the assumption that no one is, unless I see a standout name that I know belongs to a community member. Either way, I see it as a way to help build the community. I do understand that some efforts may not be worth it, or it may take time. Itā€™s all in if youā€™re willing to do that sort of thingā€¦

1 Like

I hear what youā€™re saying but Iā€™m far from what one might call a social butterfly lol. I mostly dislike talking with random people in games, especially fighting games. For that reason I do my best to meet people on forums and discord to play with. However, I do enjoy playing with people online. I love the thrill of knowing that there is another real person on the other end who wants to beat me as badly as I want to beat him or her. I love that I can, to some extent, relive those days in the arcade of me vs him and only one of us is going to walk out of here alive (metaphorically, of course). I love seeing what kind of techniques they employ to try to snatch the win from under me. I love that, unlike playing against AI (especially in fighting games), that there are not scripted reactions to your actions (which obviously have gotten better as technology advances, but stillā€¦).

On the other hand, I can almost remember the exact moment when I realized that I didnā€™t give two hoots about what the random person on the other end thought about me or my playstyle. I was getting multiple hate mails a day about Akuma controlling screen space with air fireballs and DPā€™s and even more from Raiden carrying people into a corner and just beating them into a pulp with blockstrings and mixups until I got an opening and unloaded for 40+%. It took far too much effort to respond, and even at times to stop and read these things. My quality of life significantly improved when I voluntarily cut these toxic buttheads out of my evenings. They can think whatever they want for me not allowing messages, at the end of the day I was happy with not hearing from them.

P.S.-I kept friend requests on for people who genuinely wanted to be added and play more matches to learn or be friendly. I only turned off the random messages.

P.P.S.- This is only my anti-social opinion on this matter, I totally understand what youā€™re saying about the online social aspect.

2 Likes

The fact that you feel the need to call me out on it in attempt to discredit me in the process is a testament to your own charcter and attitude, I think.

All I will say is that we ALL make mistakes at 1 time or another. What you experienced was an isolated incident and should not be taken as how I act 100% of the time, nor should you spread that idea to others who donā€™t actually know me. Doing so is not your place or job - they can decide for themselves. Iā€™m sorry it was a bad 1st impression for you, but to be honest, I barely remember it. Itā€™s obvious that you havenā€™t forgotten it or moved on from it, but I have - itā€™s long in the past for me, so itā€™s no longer relevant IMO. So, with that in mind, in earnest, I hope fights with others in the future will bode far better for you than what you experienced with me.

In regards to my character as a whole, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find many people who will speak positively on my behalf and how friendly and helpful I can be online. As for some others, I admit there will be a few that will also likely speak on behalf of my occasional arrogance and superiority complex. We all have our bad sides; Iā€™m no exception, and neither are you.

But letā€™s not make this thread about us, okay? Any further beef you may have with me can be dealt with in PMs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Gloriously funny if true.