At Least I Have Hands: a thread for therapy and amputee jokes

Not a problem, I’m just unsure if he wants that attached to the forums. His Twitter is his own personal thing even though he tweets about the game.

1 Like

Hope everything works out! We’ll be here to lend a hand if you need it. If anything, you can help others know what prosthetics are like. Give them a leg up on this sort of thing lol.

3 Likes

Oh, YOU! XD

1 Like

I’m putting my foot down; it’s time to bring these jokers to heel because the puns are getting to be more than I can stand. You can’t walk a foot in here without stepping on some terrible comment by someone with no taste, everyone who makes a joke about this is a truly uncaring sole.

@MDMMORNING please ignore everyone daring to kick you while you’re down, just relax and watch your favorite movie about penguins.

4 Likes

If I had a stockpile of gifs, there’d be applause! Damn, @xSkeletalx, you’ve really taken the cake on this one! Got me and my wife crackin’ up at it - it’s really good to laugh from my own home.

OH YEAH - UPDATE:
I got discharged from the PT facility today (about an hour ago, actually)! Moving around is difficult, but that’s what the cane’s for. Got an appointment w/ the vascular surgeon on Monday to yank these staples and sutures out, and a hematologist Tuesday, so we’ll see where to go next after that.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you. Now you have enough puns to count on more than 1 hand. Don’t go toe to toe with me when it comes to puns.

Best of luck! We’ll have everyone raise their hands and give you energy.

2 Likes

wait, I think this one is better.

Glad to hear you’re home at least, I know I despise the hospital atmosphere, so I’m sure it’s a huge relief to at least be able to hang out at your house for a while.

6 Likes

Goddamn, man. That’s next level. I just, I just… man, I gotta breathe!

1 Like

You should get that made into a Tshirt that you can wear in the hospital, or at least on the day they release you.

1 Like

I’m gonna! I saved the image already!

Oh no. I did not see that coming lol.

Well, arm and leg puns aside, hopefully you won’t end up like this guy.

I’d make a gif but I’m not at home right now and the wi-fi here won’t let me lol

I’m definitely gonna try to limit it to one robo-foot, for sure!

1 Like

Please be sure to share a picture if you do actually make the shirt, I’m sure I’ll die laughing.

It’s good that you seem to be in pretty good spirits, I’ve heard that can really make a difference when it comes to recovery and therapy for this kind of thing.

I’ve had injuries which needed physical therapy but nothing like this level.

1 Like

That’s the whole plan - keep my chin up and my belly full of laughter. I just can’t see the point in getting down about it - sure, it sucks now, but it won’t always suck and it’s getting better by the day. Plus, I have a great family that loves and supports me, and an enormous amount of friends here in interwebzland that got my back too. Being bummed won’t help me, so why spend the energy on it, y’know?

1 Like

Odd thought; do you think you’ll get to buy shoes at half price from now on? Or do you buy the full pair and put a shoe on the prosthetic…?

1 Like

I don’t think you get to pay for one shoe. At least you won’t have to worry about if the shoe fits though lol

1 Like

Maybe he could take two right-side shoes of different kinds and sneak them into the box for one pair that he could use.

1 Like

I am now tempted to only use lows against @MDMMORNING and say “Watch your feet” every time I land one XD

3 Likes

Corrected - please don’t be insensitive.

I hate using the term but just to be sure, Kappa.

3 Likes

OMG I LOVE YOU! I have to pee now!

@xSkeletalx & @BHswordsman09
I’ve actually had a hard time finding shoes my whole adult life anyway, cuz I have sort of enormous feet as far as local shoe retailers go, so if I can order one shoe at a time, and just use a normal-sized shoe on the robo-foot, that’d be just amazing.

3 Likes