At Least I Have Hands: a thread for therapy and amputee jokes

You don’t need to tell me to read something when I frequent the forums and see everything that gets posted lol.

I’ll read this later, though, don’t have time now.

1 Like

@MDMMORNING I’m making the executive decision that your post-surgery response when you feel someone is out of line or not supporting their point with evidence must be “you don’t even have a leg to stand on, man.” It works on two levels, you see.

Also, I reread your original post and felt I needed to clarify something (being unfamiliar with medical procedures of this nature), but is the right leg ok, or will that need to be amputated as well? What was concerning me about this is the fact that you said found clotting while they were “harvesting” veins from your right leg to plant into the left.

It’s probably a stupid question, and for that I apologize. I hope I’m overthinking this, and only your left leg is in “danger” so that the loss and subsequent work you’ll have to put in will be as little as possible.

2 Likes

First - executive decision accepted! That’s just too good!

Second - the clotting in my right leg was apparently pretty minimal, just enough to invalidate the veins as bypass materials. Other than the huge gashes stapled back together that are healing from the “harvest” (their words, not mine) my right leg is fine. Everything works, I can feel everything, all is well over there.

There’s no stupid questions, especially when you’re being a total sweetheart expressing concern for a stranger. :wink:

That’s good, I’m glad I was overthinking.

Now, how long are you going to wait before asking @TheKeits to have someone on the team use Fulgore’s CG model to create a 3d-printable file/blueprint for your eventual (I assume) prosthetic?

6 Likes

OMG I HADN’T THOUGHT OF THAT - But approximately only as long as it takes to get fitted for a prosthetic! XD

4 Likes

If you actually managed to get a prosthetic modeled after Fulgore’s leg, you would be a legend in the FGC forever.

Joke or not, i hope that can be made possible.

10 Likes

I keep running out of likes!!!

2 Likes

I wish you the best man! No matter how tough things get, just know we are all here for ya dude.

1 Like

he gets that fulgore leg i want him next to me at a barfight. hes gonna have a mean st.FK and heavy auto triples, send a poor ■■■■■■■ flyin out the window onto the hood of a car stage ultra lol

4 Likes

Good to know KI has helped you get along with life : >

1 Like

I don’t have anything to add to what’s already been said. I wish you all the best in your upcoming operations @MDMMORNING, and my prayers are with you and your family. Your attitude in all this and in sharing really is inspiring.

It truly is incredible that this forum and game can be such a source of strength. Fight on bro.

5 Likes

@MDMMORNING i wish you the best bro

1 Like

I’m glad this game and this community can help you mate

1 Like

Life’s fucked up. I’m glad you’re able to stay positive, man.

1 Like

Read it.

Not really sure what to say other than “that sucks, sorry man.” Sorry I’m not the best at communicating emotions.

2 Likes

It’s all good, man. No need to say anything, just keep being you.

@Draigh @EbullientSeaCow @SlenderCashew50 @Blade4693 @JEFFRON27
Same goes for y’all. I appreciate the show of support, and that you guys ARE, and that’s really all that matters. Keep being yourselves, keep playing KI.

@DEClimax
Positivity is easy with a support structure full of loving family and solid (albeit internet-imaginary) friends. None better than y’all.

@STORM179
I appreciate the prayers, man. Thank you.

I’ve said it like a dozen or more times today, but I bloody love this community. Y’all are fantastic individuals. We’re more than the sum of our parts.

3 Likes

14 Likes

@MDMMORNING You told me a while ago about this and my best wishes to you dude, sorry about what’s been happening with you. I’m glad we’ve been of some kind of help to you and I hope you get better soon. Stay strong and fight on. :thumbsup:

1 Like

I really appreciate it, man. Y’all have been great, thick and thin. My plan is definitely just that - to fight on. What else is there to do? Chin up, eyes on the prize. I’m goin’ 5:5 w/ this thing, and by the end I’ll prove it was a 6:4 in my favor the whole time.

5 Likes

Holy ■■■■ dude, god bless you for your endeavors. I understand that you don’t want pity for your post and I won’t treat it as such. As I said, I understand why you feel that way and actually consider the forums as part of my family by now, especially with those who have gone out of their way to help me or just play with me for fun.

That said, if you ever just need someone to talk to or play with just let me know. I may not be the most ideal candidate for collective data and well-transcribed fighting knowledge, but I can always try to be a friend to talk to should you need it.

Much love dude, glad you feel comfortable enough to open up about such an event in your life. I wish you the best luck going forward and for a speedy recovery.

Stay gold always,

David.

3 Likes