At Least I Have Hands: a thread for therapy and amputee jokes

Tim Curry singing Polluted Love is about the ONLY thing watchable in that movie. :smiley:

2 Likes

I actually really enjoyed that movie, I didnā€™t know it was one that people typically reviled.

1 Like

I think the big problem that most had with it, including myself, was that its environmentalist message seemed to be more important than the actual story itself. In short, it sadly felt rather preachy.

Another problem is that it came out during Disneyā€™s animation Renaissance, of which made it look dated right off the bat.

1 Like

I liked that movie too.

Hexxus was a godlike villain if I remembering correctly.

1 Like

That sounds a lot like a talk for my prosthetist, though they did already toss my vilest parts into an incineratorā€¦

Man, they shouldnā€™t have done thatā€¦everyone knows when you burn something vile it just comes back stronger with a determination to destroy the world.

I suppose you will need to start assimilating things nowā€¦

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got a point. I gotta get my strength up tenfold, and hone at least two superpowers (or acquire a spellbook). No telling how long before I must engage in unholy battle to save the Mitten from my toxic nemesis, The Stanky Leg.

2 Likes

I popped a tendon in my pinky finger (boo hoo, I know), and as a result itā€™s sitting in a splint pretending to heal. The splint is a little plastic thing and itā€™s wrapped up in some self adhesive tape. So not like a big cast or anything. The point being when I go to change the wrapping on it every second day or so, my finger (along with the splint and the bandage) smells like I have had it stuffed in the rectum of a dead skunk for 48 hours. So I can only imagine the joyful smell of your awesome stump bandageā€¦

3 Likes

Is it bad that in my head this part was narrated by an angry James Rolfe? lol :rofl:

2 Likes

Honestly, this one doesnā€™t really smell at all. Been changing the dressing every day, and Iā€™ve had it in the shrinker pretty much all day every day since, AND I tend to sweat profusely when in pain, yet remarkably there is no stinkā€¦ I hope thatā€™s good? The first surgery, however, had a tendency to not just leak but practically pour this foul smelling orange fluid when they changed the dressing, and would soak the dressing in the meantime. It was disgusting, to say the least.

However, after two weeks in the hospital w only bootleg wipedowns, the rest of me had developed quite a pungent aroma until this morning when I got my first shower since the morning of the first surgeryā€¦ I had to stymie borderline erotic noises under the hot water, and I washed my hair thrice. I swear, hot running water is the whole point of civilization.

I hope your pinky heals well though. That sucks, and can still make life way more difficult than necessary. Iā€™ll include your speedy recovery in my pseudo-prayers. Iā€™m not interested in ā– ā– ā– ā–  measuring over our boo-boos, I just wish good health and cooperative insurance unto my friends.

6 Likes

Lol. Thanks dude. My initial medical consultation on my finger took place in Guadalajara so I didnā€™t even bother with insurance (it was cheap). Subsequently no one has done anything so thatā€™s been cheap too. The splint cost me $5, lol. In any even we have good insurance so I am lucky in that regard.

My real problem is that I play guitar and itā€™s my left pinky thatā€™s messed up. I donā€™t care about anything else - they can cut it off and replace it with a stick as long as I can still play guitar. So fingers crossed.

Also, hot running water has been definitively proven to be the purpose of civilization.

4 Likes

I canā€™t play the guitar. :disappointed_relieved:

Nor the fluteā€¦ nor clarinetā€¦ nor drumsā€¦ nor kazooā€¦ Iā€™m instrumentally deficient.

2 Likes

Man, I love hearing about your life. I didnā€™t know you played guitar too! Too bad about customs, otherwise you probably couldā€™ve gone big, speak to another 5 bucks and had a lifetime supply of codiene while you were at it. (I kid, I kid! sorta)

@SoSRaGnArOk I can relate. I can keep time and love percussion, but INSTRUMENTS? None for meā€¦

I make drums squeakā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In somewhat-related fashion, this reminded me of a bug on a terrible game I played for a long time. (No judgement please, this game never reached itā€™s potential, most of the community are truly awful but the people who have been playing for a long time state itā€™s crack-like addiction and nostalgia goggles as reasons for continuing. Also playing with friends was definitely a case of misery loving company.)

I just thought maybe it would amuse:-

:grin:

2 Likes

There are far worse games you could have playedā€¦ likeā€¦ Superman 64ā€¦ so no judging. :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, true, that!

I really, really dug the customisation, I used to spend hours upon hours in designer making outfits, symbols and decorating cars, I made a fair few themes and a song in the music editor which I have up on youtube, too. The level of customisation in APB and how it all works is what dreams are made of. :star_struck:

1 Like

I play drums and guitarā€¦ quite well lol
Going on guitar for 29 years nowā€¦ drums for 5

1 Like

I am an advanced beginner at best. Plenty of guys in the forums would probably laugh at me (@FallofSeraphs76 is in an actual band) but I can strum some chords and pick out a few things. Some of them even sound good.

When I was a kid I took piano and then I played trombone in high school. I was good enough to make all the state bands etc. and our HS jazz band even had some paid gigs. But I couldnā€™t really keep it up in college while majoring in biology and itā€™s tough to play a brass instrument by yourself and enjoy it. I was really hurting for a musical outlet until a buddy and my brother got me into guitar about ten or eleven years ago.

I find it really relaxing and enjoyable - although I stress that I am a campfire level player at best. If I can learn it anyone can. Itā€™s just a function of time. So if you think youā€™re interested I would encourage you to get a cheap (not too cheap) guitar and give it a try. A one legged guitar player would probably drive the chicks wild.

2 Likes

My family forced me to play the Clarinet when I was in middle school. I was actually excited by the prospect as my dad was a musician, but tragedy struck. I think the school called hazmat in order to get me to stopā€¦

ā€œPut the clarinet down! Step away from the clarinetā€¦ nice and slowlyā€¦ā€

ā€œHeā€™s reaching for it!ā€

SLAM!

4 Likes