At Least I Have Hands: a thread for therapy and amputee jokes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:Omg

1 Like

Updates.

There have been complications. Not life-threatening, we don’t think, but complications. Where they cut doesn’t recieve adequate blood flow, so instead of healing, the flesh has begun to necrotize a bit.

Tomorrow we’re gonna try again. They still wanna cut below the knee, but it’s likely that I’ll wake up without. The maddening part is that I KNEW as soon as I saw the stump that it wouldn’t heal. There aren’t miracles to be derived from my age, only hard work, and perseverance.

Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Stay positive and keep laughing

2 Likes

:laughing:

That’s all I can do, right? These docs ain’t making it easy, but whoever said anything about easy?

3 Likes

Well, if they do end up taking your knee you can always make Skyrim “arrow to the knee” jokes.

Seriously though, that sucks, but I hope everything goes well and you can keep your knee.

3 Likes

Here’s an article called “Why your knees suck”

It’s all about the evolution of the human knee and why it is basically a disaster of poor design that causes pain and malfunctions easily.

The knee is like an abusive girlfriend. You don’t need that in your life man. Pretty soon you’ll be hopping around in style or putting your name on a list for a professor X kickass hover chair. ■■■■ you knees.

2 Likes

Kinky.

…sorry, I’ll leave now.

2 Likes

I finally got some nasty pics of the stump as of present:

eww in profile

Headlong

Top Down

Granted, tomorrow it’ll be a whole new stump, so maybe more ooky pics in the future.

1 Like

there’s something you can do for your next appointment :smile:

5 Likes

Yoooo thats a pretty nasty stitch there. It looks like you had to fight off 20 Great White Sharks.

3 Likes

So is that blister the necro tissue or is that somewhere else?

The necrotize tissue was the muscle underneath. They cut above the knee and while the phantom pain is much worse it looks like it will heal.

It’s rough but dilaudid is on the way. Nap time.

4 Likes

Ah man… hope you get some good rest. let us know how you are doing once you are awake and able. Glad you made it out ok!

2 Likes

At least now it’s healing.

On the bright side when you get that 3d printed Fulgore leg you’ll have more of it.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re going through this. I hope you get better soon. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Crap, I hope it heals soon and it doesn’t hurt, sucks that you’ve got to go through even more schit before you get out the other side, sending best wishes for a comfortable recovery!

http://www.upandrunning.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/r/mr-bump.jpg

Mr Bump says get well soon!

11 Likes

I don’t know any of you personally, and I can only put a face to a handful, but I really appreciate all the positive energy. I love you all.

PT starts tomorrow. Just gotta push on thru the pain. Mirror therapy also starts soon, which I’m very excited for. The phantom pain is incredible. It feels like my old leg is dangling thru the bed.

I thought I had prepared, both physically and mentally… I was very wrong.

after second cut

9 Likes

So how do they fix the veins and arteries that are cut? Do they just heal on their own or do they somehow close them up?

1 Like

Playground rules man; wads of chewing gum.

5 Likes

I honestly have no clue. I know they clamp them for surgery, they may cauterize some of them?

2 Likes