Aria Buffs/Nerfs...Any suggestions?

I like this idea, although it would require a change of inputs in order to work. You can’t exactly hold Back+HK and be able to jump over the enemy for a cross-up. I think that calling upon the Assist drones should be a single button.

(tap) PPP = Top Drone Assist
(tap) KKK = Bottom Drone Assist

Then to change to the drone bodies, it would be to actually HOLD the buttons. Perhaps just for a second? Speed up the change-over to compensate?

My idea to help ARIA is to change her Heavy Allegro. It should hit twice, then stop partway through the second hit for a feint. This would make baiting shadow counters so much better. The heavy version would be VERY UNSAFE, pretty much leaving you wide open after the feint. The recovery frames should be about the same as a failed Shadow Counter. That way, if the enemy uses a Shadow Counter, then both ARIA and the enemy would recover at about the same time. The game would return to neutral.

I think these ideas are really good. Delay assists could be an interesting concept to see, but it does come with the side affect of making your assists more vulnerable in the process. A low assist might make her Left-Right mix-ups even crazier, and recapturing with blade assist is all I ever wanted lol.

Sounds cool, but I don’t think its necessary. speaking on Dayv0’s comment, I think delaying the assist by just holding HK/HP AFTER Back+HK/Back+HP should be enough imo. Hard Tagging in MVC3 was always kinda slow and clunky in a crunch, so I don’t think input changes are necessary for drones, just tweaking them should be fine.

ARIA’s really good. No changes needed at all, and definitely not a damage buff, that would break the character. Save your blade assist to the end and you’d get a 15% damage increase on the already most damaging body. That would be broken as ■■■■.

1 Like

For the record, I think ARIA is very strong.

That said, we always intended for her to be able to switch bodies before the match starts (while players can walk around). In fact, this was possible and tested in office, but broke for some unknown reason before her launch.

We are going to investigate this issue and add this ability back to ARIA in a future bug fix update.

6 Likes

OMGITZKIETZ!!! :heart_eyes: wassup dude?

I don’t wan’t you to get the wrong idea Keits, I know she’s very powerful with Knockdown and Left-Right mix-ups. I was just thinking that she needed just a little more. Interesting to know the switch was included at one point it might’ve changed the meta a good bit imo. Thanks for the info Keits!

I feel Like Aria would benefit from a recaputure because you don’t really string cool looking combos with her. I’ve seen her do stuff where if she had a recapture it would benefit her gameplay greatly. She is played very lame by a lot of people. Get boring watching her constantly shoot beams.

Thanks for the update about ARIA’s switching bodies Keith, much appreciated.

I agree with you regarding ARIA, she is very strong and I love her design, she is a unique… she is three unique characters XD

I don’t think she needs any buffs. The body-switching pre-match is very welcome, but other than that I’d say she’s fine.

Not sure about this, but yesterday I was playing with ARIA and had white bars in all my bodies during Instinct, but I didn’t notice if they started to recover before the end of my Instinct. Can someone check it? I will not have access to the xbox for 2 days from now.

If it’s the case, it’s intentional that ARIA doesn’t recover white life at all during Instinct?

Its way too early to change Aria. Not enough people are using her to really flesh out her matchups yet. It also doesn’t help that she is one of the most difficult characters in the game to play properly.

Give her some time. We might have a better idea of what needs changed closer to season 3.

1 Like

Yes that is intentional: she only recovers PD on inactive bodies, and in instinct all bodies are active. Stuff like that is probably why she can deactivate instinct for the cost of half the bar.

1 Like

Mmmmm, that sucks. So if you are hit during your instinct, you have to wait until it fades to start healing the white damage(unless you perform a combo breaker).
I do agree about ARIA being good, but maybe if they want to buff her in the future, this would be my first change

Anyone have any ideas to make better use of Crescendo? I haven’t been able to figure out a good and consistent purpose for this move.

Crescendo acts like a combo opener and ender. Shadow crescendo is her second most damaging ender, being Allegro her best.

You can use it as overhead when jumping. You can jump and use M allegro for a down forward angle and follow up with a combo. Cover it with bass assist for optimal results.

You can also set a left-right mix up if you hover over your enemy and use de Harde version, which travels straight down. A good set up can be after a knockdown, use bass assist, and then jump over your rival.

Finally, another good use is as air to air attack. Use your bass assist, and if they jump over the projectile, jump and use L version to punish they jump.

Thanks!! Do you use Crescendo often?
All my overheads with Crescendo get countered (orchid knee, thunder’s headbutt, …) almost immediately. Maybe it is the timing or the assist that I call too early or too late.

anyway back to the lab.

Yes, I use crescendo often.

First of all, you can use H version as some short of DP. It has some invincibility, it’s very unsafe, and covers only vertically, so don’t get very happy using it. It’s good for jump cross ups attempts.

You can play footsies while hovering. Jump, hover near the rival but not at anti-air range. Use M kick, a very long range attack that pushes you back. Sometimes cover yourself with the bass assist. If they jump, use L version of crescendo.

When they learn to respect your space, call bass assist, jump, hover, advance, your assist hits your rival/he blocks the assist, you reach his position, and then you have a left-right mix up, and you can use here H crescendo as opener.

Finally, you can bait anti-airs with a jump, hover back to avoid them, and punish with M crescendo

EDIT: @Infilament just replied you here , he can give you better advice than me :blush:

1 Like

I definitely need to mix Crescendo in with other moves and strategies, because especially as an opener I had little luck on harder difficulties training against CPU characters.

It makes a lot of sense, especially with jump MK which I hadn’t fully utilized.

Thanks for the link to infil’s response.

1 Like

Her main uses for Crescendo is to check jump-ins by anti-airing. With good positioning, you can cross-up with Medium Crescendo from the air, but it is hard as balls to do reliably. Heavy Crescendo is for checking cross-ups, even though it has invincibility frames similar to a DP, It is NOT a reliable anti-air. The Light Crescendo is for checking jump-happy opponents while your hovering and can act as a combo opener on the ground on hit. Shadow Crescendo has a hit of armor and can be used in the air or on the ground. It’s ok for stuffing normals, but really nothing else imo.

Thanks. When hovering, the light version I use a lot to quickly change sides and get some space when the opponent suspects a cross up. Or even lower to the ground, to use it as an opener but it is quite slow in case I am out of range. So usually I try to use as an escape in the air.

As for Medium/Heavy, I must say that without using assists or an error by my opponent, I still find them hard to consistently pull off. I am afraid that against better opponents (or a destroyed body) I will have less luck opening with these.