Arcade mode

The one setback i see and the reason i don’t know if the effort is worth it, is that playing the cpu is almost an entirely fruitless exercise. I’d enjoy this much more if other player’s shadows were used instead of the brain dead cpu. Jmo

1 Like

They should be easily able to make a “top shadows” ladder, by picking the highest rated Shadow for each character.

1 Like

All for it. More modes the better. And more replay value and more acheivements to unlock are always welcone

1 Like

I’ve got an interesting suggestion. If we’re going to make it an arcade feel, would it be cool if the guest characters are SECRET BOSSES to fight if you meet certain conditions?

1 Like

Basically they could assign to different difficulty levels (easy, medium, etc.) a range of player levels (from 0 to 10, from 10 to 20) or similar.
Waste the shadows data would be a shame.
…with the roster completed, to be without a proper arcade ladder would be a shame too.

5 Likes

Great idea! @TempusChaoti @developers

1 Like

I’d like a ladder to fight all characters of choice i.e. custom Kims or Orchids each bout would be same character in different custom accessories

2 Likes

Repeating 1001 times. A proper Arcade mode for Season 2/3 Characters

2 Likes

I know it’s been awhile, but I’m gonna go ahead and necro this thread, because after getting a significant taste of Shadow Lords, which is awesome, but running through it is a bit daunting with all the menus, all the crafting, all the choices…it’s like having a delicious steak dinner. It’s an event. But halfway through my 3rd run I was kinda thinking to myself, you know, I’m not really in the mood for a large meal right now. I’d rather just grab a couple of Hot Pockets and be on my way. And that’s what I feel an Arcade mode would bring to the table that Shadow Lords doesn’t. A lighter but still satisifying experience that you could get through in 10-20 min.

3 Likes

You’re right.
I’m obviously redundant, but playing shadow survival I tought how much better would be to have an option to disable health limitation and bars recover after the fights (basically an infinite ladder with shadow IA, no need to gain shadow points with this options enabled if this would be a problem) letting us (even silver members which is GREAT) play against shadows from around the world just like an online match without the fear for typical survival limits or being unable to retry a lost match agaist someone (restarting survival puts you again in the random queue of opponents).
Without them we could play just like we normally do and improve without the need to spam zoning techniques just to save some bar for the next round (just an example).
Think that it would be so easy to implement just drive me crazy…they already create the best fightgame, with few more options it would be unbeatable til teh end of time.
I fear this SL mania will move attentions to SL mode only…

One of the recent streams the KI team did they were answering questions people were asking on the stream, and someone asked them about doing an arcade mode, and while they gave a non-answer, the way they answered it it sounded like they hadn’t really considered adding an arcade mode in before and maybe it’s something they might look into if season 4 happens. But yeah, I don’t see them adding an arcade ladder this time around. Hopefully next season? :grin:

2 Likes

You know what… I agree completely

Maan, I’ll give a testicle for a good KI ladder…
Not mine anyway, just someone else testicle, but I’ll give it for sure.

Stay away from me dude :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:scream:

Oh no you wouldnt…

I will

1 Like

Calls Ultratech for a Fulgore bodyguard

Please stay on topic.

Yeah, so…what about some sort of agreement took here where nobody reads…
All of us “arcade lovers” should post in the next textual stream in order to let our voice to be heard.
Thoughts?