Arbiter In Killer Instinct tease

What’s that? You’ve fought one Warden Eternal?

Here… Have 3. Oh wait… MOOAAAAR. (That’s how I felt in my first run through of Halo 5.)

1 Like

Try doing all that on a legendary run…
http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxpb2ronBk1r9hcwwo1_500.gif

4 Likes

I’ll just throw my thoughts in here after stewing. I am not excited for Arbiter in Killer Instinct. I can understand why he’s here though, because of the popularity of Halo and it being one of Microsoft’s premier IPs (if not THE premier IP). Which has flipside in that if Microsoft is willing to bring one of it’s iconic game characters to KI then they want to make KI premier as well with that same spotlight.

In my opinion, he’s out of place. If Master Chief comes in, I will actually be sad.

So now I wonder, will we possibly get Joanna Dark? Will Season 3 actually have 3 guests? Does that mean possibly 10 or more characters to the roster? We’ll have to stay tuned.

My big brother did beat Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 5 on legendary…

Then he deserves a handshake. I’ve beaten them all on Legendary, but not without weeks of grinding.

1 Like

And did you get whole skull in all Halo series?

Arby and Chief, with Shago as a Special guest star.

3 Likes

Warden Eternal is over 16 ft tall :fearful:

I couldn’t get them all in Halo 2. Working on it though.

I still can’t believe this is real! I’m so excited to see Arbiter in action!

So is maya lol

I guess he could be glacius hight.

And hed be teamed with cortana.

I guess but I doubt we’ll get another Halo character if we get another guest it will probably be Joanna Dark or someone from GoW.

1 Like

I agree. Id kove joanna she was my 1st pick

GoW is playstation exclusive right? If so then I kind of don’t see that happening.

Edit: Oh you meant Gears of War. My bad :confounded:

THIS!! If KI got Keith David for an announcer, I’d be absolutely ecstatic.

Why do you keep saying “an old N64 game” when talking about Kameo? That was a 360 game made by Rare and a pretty good one at that. Maybe it’s concept began as an N64 game, but given that it actually came to fruition a full two generations later leads me to think that it’s not less relevant than a Battletoad whose last actual game came out over 20 years ago and prior to the original KI’s release in arcades.

But if Rash can still be chosen even in spite of that (and I don’t put nearly as much stock in a guest appearance in Shovel Knight as you seem to), then it kinda makes the “whose more relevant” argument kind of moot. If they’re gauging interest in a Battletoads reboot, wouldn’t we have seen something about s new game by now?

Out of place? With an ice alien, a cybernetic dinosaur, a robot, etc? I’m not a big Halo fan, but he looks right at home to me. I sincerely doubt we’d see Master Chief though. If there’s another guest, I think it’s safe to assume they’d be from another franchise like Gears or perhaps Perfect Dark. I agree though, another Halo character after Arbiter would be weak.

I really hope that the guests are in addition to the 8-9 regular, actual KI characters and not taking up roster spots that could’ve gone to IG KI designs. I want more ideas like Hisako or Aganos or Kan Ra who are actually part of the story and the expanding KI universe a thousand times more than non-story canon guests.

But if they ARE in addition to the normal 8-9 characters then sure, bring em on. Have two, three or even five. Skorge, Joanna Dark… As long as it’s not Conker or Banjo or someone along those lines, I’m good.

I dunno man, I’ve been on KI forums since DH opened their forum after the E3 announcement back in 2013 and while there were a few people talking about this in threads here and there, I don’t remember the demand being as loud or as vocal as you seem to be implying here. I also don’t quite get the “headliner” part of Battletoads being in Rare Replay. Wasn’t everyone on the game’s cover? By that same token, Kameo or Jet Force Gemini or any others could’ve been headliners. Doesn’t make any of them more likely to get reboots.

Though you seem to like them a lot, so for your sake, I do hope that Battletoads gets a good, next gen reboot.

I think they mean Gears of War, not God of War, if I had to guess.

1 Like

Oh then my bad sorry

[quote=“Iago407, post:195, topic:4468”]
Why do you keep saying “an old N64 game” when talking about Kameo? That was a 360 game made by Rare and a pretty good one at that. Maybe it’s concept began as an N64 game, but given that it actually came to fruition a full two generations later leads me to think that it’s not less relevant than a Battletoad whose last actual game came out over 20 years ago and prior to the original KI’s release in arcades.

But if Rash can still be chosen even in spite of that (and I don’t put nearly as much stock in a guest appearance in Shovel Knight as you seem to), then it kinda makes the “whose more relevant” argument kind of moot. If they’re gauging interest in a Battletoads reboot, wouldn’t we have seen something about s new game by now?
[/quote]Okay, her series was forgettable enough that I didn’t remember that. Kameo might be a good game but Battletoads will always be more relevant simply due to the legacy behind it. Kameo didn’t earn that.

Anyhow, even WITH a 20 year gap Battletoads is still relevant and still played. I can’t remember the last time I saw Kameo speed runs online, or been featured in a “best of” video or even discussed outside of this conversation. No matter how wrong I am about Kameo, that doesn’t change the fact that Battletoads even with their age are a far more popular and well known franchise and therefor a better choice for a guest character. Battletoads is just more popular, it always will be and its enough to get people talking and that’s what you want in a guest.

A far as a Battletoads reboot, I have no doubt that its coming. Saying “shouldn’t it have happened by now” isn’t really a valid arguement if you ask me because just like KI it was a sleeper and they didn’t know if it would be a success. Adding Rash to KI and Shovel knight as well as being so prominent in Rare replay feels to me like they’re testing the waters to see if people would buy a new battletoads.

1 Like

There weren’t a ton of people at first but it has been the most prevalent and persistent request for a guest character since the start, no other candidate had gotten more talk and obviously IG and MS took notice, that’s probably why Rash made it into the game.

As far as the Rare Replay point I made, there was plenty of advertising with the new Battletoads art as well. They made it well known that the toads were in that bundle because they know those ports alone would sell copies.

Sorry if anyone is taking offense to my posts, I’m just trying to say simply I believe:

• Battletoads is more popular than Kameo and therefor a better choice.
  • Arbiter is more relevant than someone like Spawn (on Xbox One) and is a better choice.
  • From the licenses Microsoft has that IG can use, those two characters are by far the best of the lot.
4 Likes

No no, I’m not taking “offense” here, man. We’re just having a conversation, so it’s all good. Really, I’ve got no horse in this race. Sure there are character’s I’d love to see in KI, but they’re not going to happen and I know that and I’m fine with it.

Honestly, I was defending the Rash pick back in September and October when he was revealed, as there were a lot of people on this forum that despised the idea of him being in the game.

I’m more just questioning your line of logic. Why is relevance the be-all end-all reasoning for why a character should be picked? Are we thinking about KI as economists? I get that we all want KI to succeed financially for fairly obvious reasons, but to me, a character’s relevance or popularity can’t be the only determining factors for how much a character should be (or deserves to be) in the game and I can’t imagine that’s the only measuring stick Microsoft and Iron Galaxy use.

I mean, if that were the case, you really think KI should have a Battletoad over say… Marcus Pheonix from Gears? He’s far more relevant in 2016 than a Battletoad, regardless of that franchise’s cult following.

So if we’re acknowledging the fact that MS/IG likely used more criteria in choosing these characters, I think it then becomes more possible to have other options like Joanna Dark (whom I think many more thought was a foregone conclusion than Rash, if that says anything about popularity or relevance) or even Kameo.

You think that Arbiter and Rash were the “by far” the best choices of the lot and while I don’t necessarily agree, I certainly don’t begrudge you for having that opinion and I’m still perfectly happy with those choices. Like I said, I just question the way you arrived at that opinion, even if I’d never question your right to have it. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

If there will be a third guest I now really want general RAAM. Always wanted a duel between arbiter and raam

3 Likes