Arbiter In Killer Instinct tease

Also, you can check him out on our Universe encyclopedia here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/arbiter-thel-vadam

<3
Grim

1 Like

He looks almost like glacius

3 Likes

I feel like Cinder’s bombs sort of already do what would have been perfect for plasma grenades.

1 Like

GOOD!

So Thel Vadam was in charge of protecting Halo, but knowing the true purpose of Halo, the Master Chief destroys it. The leadership of the Covenant decide that Thel is to become Arbiter.

A bunch of stuff happens and the Arbiter learns about Halo. He then joins with the humans to lead a strike against the Covenant leadership. He succeeds and returns to Sangheilios. Upon returning, civil war breaks out among the many sangheili factions and the Arbiter forms the Swords of Sangheilios. The rest is yet to come in Halo 6.

1 Like

He’ll probably primarily use his energy sword with a healthy dose of plasma grenades on the side. In game (Halo), the energy sword is a high damage weapon with a huge lunge attack that launches the wielder toward his target from 3-5 meters away (depending on the iteration) for an instant kill. Obviously damage would need to be toned down for a fighting game, but I imagine it will fill the same role; high damage mid screen lunges. He might also be able to have an uppercut version that launches him skyward.
Plasma grenades would function like Cinder bombs, but if they function like they do in Halo they’ll have a set timer and do high damage.

Also prevalent would be his Elite Power Armor, which provides both a recharging energy shield (he’ll probably have armor in some situations like Aganos and Glacius) and Active Camouflage (temporary invisibility, probably like a better version of the effect provided by Fulgore’s teleport)

I’ve actually got a whole thread on this with details. I’ll just do the selfish plug.

Its funny how people who don’t like a particular character always fall back on the excuse of “he/she doesn’t fit”, and that too after just a tease. We don’t even know how he plays yet and people are already jumping to conclusions. That’s subjective for the most part. I’m part of the majority who’s really excited for Arbiter and to see what IG can have him do.

Just quoting this but I wanted to kinda add something to this debate. While not completely based around relevance and how many people it would bring in, I think the main two questions that would’ve been asked would be “Who can we get?” and “Which one could we make the most interesting?”. Based on questions, IG thought about it and we got Rash (who has popularity as well as similarity with KI by being off the shelves for about 20 years) and Arbiter (who is a decent secondary character in one of the biggest franchises in the world). People said KI isn’t being advertised as much as it should, this was shown at Halo World Championships to a significantly bigger crowd than KI has ever gotten. Now that is being turned around into a “cashout” or “cash-grab” tactic. How is it bad that IG and MS chose a character from a series that will bring in a lot more players than any character mentioned in the various wishlists? (though adding new players from a mostly vile community is not something I’m excited for)

My questions after all this,

1. When do we get to see Rash’s Stage?
  2. When do we get an Arbiter Tender Moments/trailer?
  3. Will his theme be made by Atlas Plug and Celldweller?
  4. Like Rash, will his Ultra reference the Halo theme in some way? (I hope its in the rhythm of the main bit of the Mjolnir mix)
  5. Will Keith David be reprising his role as the voice artist?
  6. More of a request than a question, please have the Halo announcer as an announcer for KI. (I will start the game and then sign out and back in just to hear him say “Killer Instinct” every single time)

Lastly, I do not remember ever being excited about a taunt, but this is just Godlike!

6 Likes

And he has two.

Sorta hoping they give the other characters two taunts as well.

2 Likes

I think that would just be silly. If Ultimates even happen in S3 I’d like for the Arbiter to just take out a fuel rod and blast the crap out of em and send em’ flying into the air.

I actually have mixed feelings about that. I would like additional taunts for other characters, but this feels like it should remain character-specific just because it amplifies the goofiness of the character.

Dreams come true

So that’s what Halo is about. Interesting. Yes that makes a sense.

Thank you! :slightly_smiling:

That’s the first thing I thought when I saw Arbiter.

Thanks guys for the additional information so far I’m liking the character overall. Also Keith David voices him?!

My reaction: 'Meh, could be worse".

I don’t think there is a single MS/Rare character that I would really want to see in KI as a guest. The only Rare characters I have affinity with is the KI cast, so yeah.

Im not a halo fan one bit at all. But I’m a huge comic book fan and I can say Spawn is not a huge character anymore. His comics don’t sell much and he’s just not that interesting of a character. Plus he was already in SC so who wants sloppy seconds anyway?

I for one was really hoping for Ash from Evil Dead. He’s the Killer of Killers he would have been perfect. Plus we’d get a chainsaw character. But I’m not bitter. I have nothing but faith that Arbiter will be a great character and super fun to use.

2 Likes

It looks a lot like Halo 5, so I think it was just a cinematic used for the trailer using Halo 5’s assets.

But my God if this is actually the stage I’m done. Imagine Arby fighting Fulgore while the Swords of Sanghelios are duking it out in the background. Gunfire going everywhere, things exploding, all the little grunts running around, it would be freaking amazing! And that is such a beautiful stage aswell.