Arbiter Gameplay Speculation Thread

His throw could incorporate the sticky nade a la Spartan in DOA4. I think, if they were go give him active camo then maybe that’ll be his instinct perk?

I may very happy with Arbiters inclusion. I really didn’t want Joanna Dark (which name I kept seeing on here) and Arbiter has been a favourite of mine since Halo 2. C’mon Arby release date!

1 Like

I would just like for the needler to make an appearance in his gameplay in some form.

I think we’ll have different things: ranging from grenades, sword swinging, his projectile could involve his carbine and a whole-lotta things.

@Gamblix

While cloaking works like a charm in the Halo games I don’t this will do any good in KI. Because here’s the problem:

if cloak isn’t good enough your enemy can still see you. No point in that. If your cloaked too good you are gonna lose track of where you are and you be whiffing your attacks before you know it.

Invisibility is a double edge sword that has no place in a fighting game. Just only for aesthetics.

Hey, he’s got 1 of those! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What if they made it so you become invisible to the enemy, but that you could still see yourself in some manner (perhaps with an outline or other indicator of sorts)? So, you’re invisible on his TV screen, but not yours. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think that is how it works. because honestly your both looking at the same screen I don’t think it’s possible to make that happen all within the exact same manner like that technology wise.

In Halo’s case everyone’s pretty much just looking at the exact same thing and your invisible but because your in first person you always know where you are.

This will not work in KI for him at all. Now he can probably cloak during some special moves I guess which can be harder to gauge the distance etc.

@JEFFRON27 I agree cloaking in fighting games is pretty bad and I’ve yet to see it used in an interesting and useful way.

Maybe he can have a teleport that uses it? Disappears and reappears somewhere else.

I like the running riot instinct idea.

My thoughts for it would incorporate his mark of shame brand flaring up and being visible through his armour, to let you know it can be activated and then course through him when it is active.

This would make him far more the savage assaulter, rather than the noble warrior and leader of the Sanghelli that he is more commonly know to be, but think of him like in Halo 2, where he was alone in the library. This is what kind of situation he’d be in if not on his own stage.

I do picture him as more of a Sabrewulf with advanced technology and a sword anyway, despite his calm demeanour in talky cutscenes and his brooding guilt.

I do feel like he’ll end up being the first Shogun/Samurai, sword wielding fighter in the game that’ll have the extra advantage of a few high tech items.

I really hope they avoid using invisibility as a move for Arby. Cloaking has never worked well in fighting games. If Reptile hasn’t been able to make invisibility work during his MK career, than it is a flawed mechanic at its core.

I also doubt that Arby won’t use his Carbine, there would be no reason to see him reload it if he didn’t plan on using it. Perhaps it could work like a long range linker like Glacius can do, except instead of summoning ice from below, firing a barrage of carbine shots. doing light hits makes Arby advance towards his opponent while firing, medium hits have him stay where he is, while heavy hits have him back away from his opponent.

If Arby uses sticky nades they should work like a mix of Orchid and Cinders grenades. The grenades are set to blow on a fuse, regardless of whether or not they land on the opponent. If the grenade lands on the ground, then it emits a red ring radius like Orchids grenade before blowing up. Otherwise it sticks to the opponent until it blows up.

I like the idea of a sword lunge and sword uppercut.

Maybe his energy shield will be his gimmick, like every time he properly ends a combo, it charges his shield to a certain amount based the level of combo he last ended ie: end a level 2 combo = 2 hits of armor, level 4 combo = 4 hits of armor etc.

I do like the idea of his Instinct mark being his Brand glowing through his armor and the running riot idea seems good for his instinct

1 Like

Stage Ultra - multiple charging suicide grunts.

2 Likes

Or you knock them into the background where they’re swarmed by grunts in a big dog pile.
“Who give beat down? WE GIVE BEAT DOWN!”

2 Likes

2 ideas for the cloaking:

1. as his taunt or parts of it
  2. as his combat trait, during combos he could use it to cover up his doubles or something
1 Like

That just screams broken right there - making them harder to break, sure, but impossible? Heck no!

You could still break them, just not see his animation. After all @SightlessKombat manages to break combos as well :wink:

1 Like

And have you tried playing the game blind? Trust me, it’s harder than you think.

Well of course it’s harder. That’s kinda the point. And he shouldn’t be able to do that for the whole combo. Maybe give him a linker that is easier to break and activates the cloak for the next double.
Besides, you can still go by the animation of your own character if you want to have something visible.

EDIT:
Actually it isn’t even that powerful if you think about it. Most people can’t react to light doubles anyway so it doesn’t matter if they are cloaked or not. That leaves you with a 50-50 chance on mediums and heavies. I might try and set up breaker training for those and test it blind later on. I will gladly admit if I’m wrong. I’m curious what @Infilament says about such a mechanic though.

I was thinking it would be his instinct.

Maybe Arby could have a move that staggers his opponent, like a different version of Sword Charge :D. It would also be cool if Arby could recapture, but I don’t see what move he would have that could do that.

Elites are known to do some pretty fancy leg work martial arts-wise. Maybe he could deliver an Overhead(I think thats what its called) kick like Shago to recapture.

Yeah! Maybe it could be a special move or something!

I also had a pretty interesting idea for an instinct ability; Phantom Assault. Pretty much, the Arbiter calls for a Phantom Gunboat that fires a barrage of projectiles at the opponent, in which can juggle the opponent and allow the Arbiter to recapture them.

Actually guilty gear has a pretty good use for cloaking. chip a ninja type charecter can activate a cloak that kinda swirls around him. Some parts run invisible and others don’t. Like at some point the swirl covers the right side of his chest and parts of his legs(which would be good in covering certain mixups) and other times in the move time limit it would cover other non important parts of his body. im pretty sure the swirl pattern is random though

1 Like