Arbiter In Killer Instinct tease

If you had asked me five years ago if I thought that a new Killer Instinct would have been a system seller I would have told you no but to my surprise a ton of people proved me wrong. KI’s fanbase was in hibernation and it woke up with a fiery explosion. I have no doubt that a new Battletoads would be a top seller, especially if it was a good reboot.

3 Likes

I hope this means we might get 10 characters for season 3, since the arbiter and rash are more cameo characters much like link, hitachi and spawn were in SC2, would be nice for just some more connect for out money with season 3. hell it would be great if we could get stage alternatives aswell just mix up the game a bit more.

1 Like

Trololololol. :wink:

You crafty ■■■■■■■! Arbiter has been hiding under our noses the entire time!

1 Like

GODDAMNIT!!! HSBSIDHWBNAISHBSAYSJSHIOSJU!

Gotta admit that you got us there…

1 Like

So I never played Halo and had no clue about this Arbiter fellow. Thank goodness for chat. What type of character is he or it? What’s the playstyle like in Halo?

1 Like

I’ll answer your question. Give me 20 minutes to type. xD

1 Like

Well its a shooter so it’s kind of hard to gauge a “playstyle” from a character like that. Personality wise, he’s an honorable character who prefers to use a mid-sized energy blade as his weapon but honestly he could use any type of weapon. I’m thinking the character will use his sword mostly with ranged attacks from his Carbine rifle seen in the trailer. Don’t know what else, they could do a lot with him.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! :slight_smile: I’m going to check out some youtube videos as well.

1 Like

If you’ve got a half hour and love gorgeous visuals, I’d recommend checking this out :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

The Arbiter is a Sangheili, the Sangheili are an alien race that live on a desert planet conveniently called Sangheilios (the stage you saw in the tease). The Sangheili are strong and honor driven. They are commonly seen with the Energy Sword, the only known sword type weapon in Halo.

To be an Arbiter is to have been shamed to an extent to where punishment by death is reasonable. The Arbiters are sent on suicide missions in order to carry out their sentence and regain their honor. The Arbiter in the tease you saw was Thel Vadam, originally, he was a high ranking member of The Covenant.

The Covenant are the main antagonists across all of the Halo games. They are a group of religious zelots who believe activating the doomsday weapon “Halo” will make them gods.

Am I making sense so far?

6 Likes

Also, you can check him out on our Universe encyclopedia here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/arbiter-thel-vadam

<3
Grim

1 Like

He looks almost like glacius

3 Likes

I feel like Cinder’s bombs sort of already do what would have been perfect for plasma grenades.

1 Like

GOOD!

So Thel Vadam was in charge of protecting Halo, but knowing the true purpose of Halo, the Master Chief destroys it. The leadership of the Covenant decide that Thel is to become Arbiter.

A bunch of stuff happens and the Arbiter learns about Halo. He then joins with the humans to lead a strike against the Covenant leadership. He succeeds and returns to Sangheilios. Upon returning, civil war breaks out among the many sangheili factions and the Arbiter forms the Swords of Sangheilios. The rest is yet to come in Halo 6.

1 Like

He’ll probably primarily use his energy sword with a healthy dose of plasma grenades on the side. In game (Halo), the energy sword is a high damage weapon with a huge lunge attack that launches the wielder toward his target from 3-5 meters away (depending on the iteration) for an instant kill. Obviously damage would need to be toned down for a fighting game, but I imagine it will fill the same role; high damage mid screen lunges. He might also be able to have an uppercut version that launches him skyward.
Plasma grenades would function like Cinder bombs, but if they function like they do in Halo they’ll have a set timer and do high damage.

Also prevalent would be his Elite Power Armor, which provides both a recharging energy shield (he’ll probably have armor in some situations like Aganos and Glacius) and Active Camouflage (temporary invisibility, probably like a better version of the effect provided by Fulgore’s teleport)

I’ve actually got a whole thread on this with details. I’ll just do the selfish plug.