Anyone not a fan of his new look?

I do like it…

And as cinder, we have the retro if you dont.

There is nothing universal about preferences.

4 Likes

Yeah, well things like Jago’s Retro Costume and SabreWulf’s retro costume clearly need going back to, and fixing.

This is 2016.

Bugs and glitches get ironed out in this online era, games are patched and mistakes are corrected… those retro costumes were surely mistakes too, as they don’t represent the retro characters well at all, right? Plus, they bug me, hahaha.

I don’t think design choices fall in line with bugs. These are things that are purely subjective artistic design elements. Even if a majority express dislike for Gargos’ face or :insert character: look, I am certain IG does not view that as a priority over developing/perfecting/tweaking new content and presentations still in the works vs. something artistic that has already been finalized and released.

2013 to 2016 and the same faces- I don’t think anyone is planning on changing any faces or accessories at all.

The bright side is we have at least two different versions to choose from

I add my statement saying he’s a demonic lord, he doesn’t have to be “handsome”. The “pretty monster” already goes to Mira who is basically a generic vampire.

Also a general definition of a gargoyle is a grotesque winged creature. Generally in churches the reason Gargoyle statues were made is because they were so ugly they’d scare away evil spirits at least that’s what the people beleived. Granted looking at Gargos face he may pretty much freak out everyone. lol

1 Like

I honestly don’t see why people are trying to change the face. We are talking about something is not even human in appearance. Personally I think the face is fine. He is supposed to look monstrous in appearance.
Being a demon in this KI seems to be fitting. He can be very outlandish in appearance.

Maybe because typically it’s expected of Gargos to look “humaney” much likei it’s expected for a vampire to be a human with fangs which really isn’t creative design wise but it’s expected. Though her gameplay is certainly fun.

My problem with gargos looks is I don’t care if he’s ugly but I was hoping for my like a Diablo style face. To me gargos face is not scary or intimidating.

That Gargos face they showed us, looks goofy, more than anything else.

According to this young girl, a “Musty-crusty-monkey-donkey.” ROFL

Silly Cheriza. :heart_eyes:

Cheriza?

Folks don’t forget RETRO. :wink:

It’s not human but most definitely not a monkey

Its still demonic which is good.

1 Like

Yea I don’t know, I didn’t see planet of the apes as a horror film

lol just kidding

Gargos face design is fantastic because it combines both Savagery and Sentience. He has brutish teeth and tusks and fangs, yet he has a mouth that can house those teeth yet still have lips to form words. The best and only example is a face similar to a Gorilla. Even though personally i love the King Kongish vibe I get from his face i would say he’s missing something.

Another pair of Wings. Yep Gargos needs something for his waist region and I believe a second smaller set of wings would have far mpre impact on his Regal aura than a Tail would. If I were to give him a tail it would definitely be a Lion style tail but ultimately I believe a second pair of Wings would be a home-run design wise. @TempusChaoti

I agree with you @DraconianMith

Also, I think giving him a nose would put him in more familiar territory and take away a bit of what makes him so look terrifying in the first place.

You do know that gargoyles come in various shapes and sizes, right? There is not a defining look for a gargoyle, as they are statues that represent other creatures (animals, demons, etc.).

1 Like

His form from the neck down is great. Cool looking tattered wings, the details on his arms, and what not. But yeah, his face, as it was originally shown, looked off. The nose / mouth area, where he seems to have nothing between his eyes and his mouth, looks strange. I’m not saying he needed a cute little button nose like Gargos had in KI2, but there should be something in that space. I think that’s what adding to the whole “monkey” features thing.

Also, there’s this weird section between his eyes and forehead that colored differently and makes him look like his scalp and horns are a hat that he’s wearing. I’m assuming that the horns might be different, or non-existent in his retro, but I’m hoping that his face is a work in progress. We saw Gargos pretty early, so I’m assuming that’s what it was until they show him and I see otherwise.

As for Gargos seeming like he sounds all fancy and thinks he’s smarter than everyone… Let’s pump the brakes on that a little bit, OP. Dude’s got his arms crossed. That’s basically the only thing we’ve got to go on. Now sure, he seems like he has minions, so maybe that might give him a bit of a vibe like you’re talking about, but I still think we’re way too early in determining what he might or might not be like from a personality standpoint.

2 Likes

Lmao