Anyone interested in the new Nintendo NX?

I haven’t liked the controllers of the Wii or the Wii U, and the Nintendo exclusives weren’t enough for me to invest in any of them. So I’m not really invested in following the new Nintendo console.

I did find this funny video though:

Im not interested in a 9th gen Console (NX) when its power will be the same to the actual 8th gen (XOne, PS4).

Nevertheless, Nintendo consoles always have a high price when they shouldnt. So, i guess NX will be for $400-500.

No deal.

The controllers are what made me stop buying Nintendo aswell, the gamecube ones were to small, the Wii controller dodnt interest me (if I have to wave my arms, I prefer it Kinect style) and the Wii U version looked too big, eventhough the screen seemed nice, too fee games though…

I’ve been spoiled with the xbox controller I guess…

If Nintendo focuses on hardware that’s simple and more in lone with the rest of the market then I think the NX will have a huge chance to shine. Nintendo’s got some of the biggest name IP’s in the history of video games, and their heart is in the right place when it comes to the games part of their console. If they could deliver them with tight controls on a pad designed for ease of use like the GameCube, Playstation, or Xbox controller(s), with visuals that set them up for more graphically intense games, and access to major 3rd party AAA titles, it would be a hit.

Imagine playing a Star Fox or FZer0 game at 60 FPS with visuals akin to Elite:Dangerous, or a Zelda game with fast snappy combat like a simpler, kinder version of Hyrule themed Dark Souls.
Dear lord, a high res console based Pokémon title akin to Skyrim or The Witcher in size would sell like hotcakes.
You guys see the Unreal 4 remake of the first level of Mario 64? Imagine Nintendo endorsing that project full stop and making that a real thing.

All their holding patterns mixed with access to any other major 3rd party game could make NX more than just “that console I use to play Nintendo titles” and could swiftly become the primary console for gamers of all kinds, even more Hardcore ones.

1 Like

I honestly think the WiiU is really underrated. The graphics are not on par with current gen, but the functionality of the gamepad is really cool and underappreciated. Especially if you just have one tv - I can actually get my kid to use the gamepad.

I am not very interested in NX until I actually see something. I tend to get everything eventually because I look for even the weakest excuse to pick up a new console so we will see.

1 Like

No need to hope for it. It has been confirmed a long time ago that we will.

1 Like

Cant watch with sound at the moment, but what is that ugly thing…

The supposed controller to the next console. The surface is supposedly a screen.

That explains why it looks so busy…not quite sure I see the point though.

Careful, talking about leaks is a violation of the terms of use… :wink:

1 Like

Even non-KI leaks?

I see what you did there :sunglasses:

Sorry, it was a joke. After reading the terms of use I can’t figure out how talking about KI leaks violates it, let alone other people’s leaks.

No no, I got that you were joking… but it actually got me wondering if it also meant non-KI leaks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A bit off topic but I really like Wii U gamepad. It really is awesome if you just want to lay down in your couch in the most stupid way and it will still let you be able to play perfectly.
Or even better. You can play Hi-res consolegames without even having the TV ON! Major energysaver there.
I’ve played Mario Maker numerous times like that.

2 Likes

Did u mean something like Phoenix’ enemy? :smirk:

Phoenix?

Yeah, something like that…in Spanish :smirk:

I’m extremely interested in it , and cannot wait till its formally announced/ revealed. I just HOPE very much , that it is very powerful graphcically ; on par with Xbox one and ps4, IF not more powerful, and that it uses a normal controller ; no more gimmicky controllers . If they do both of those things , I think it will be a massive success. Either way I’ll be getting one on launch day because I love Nintendo and always have. I just want them to go back to the SNES, N64, and GameCube days !!!