Anyone else nervous about this?

I saw the gameplay vids and…well…I felt cheated. I saw re-hashed moves. This is what happened between the moves between omen and sabrewulf and shadow jago. So anyone else feel kind of meh about this?

1 Like

Nope, I think he looks badass.

9 Likes

I agree. Mr. Bang Bang looks awesome!

1 Like

Considering there was no solid evidence we were ever going to get more characters to begin with, nah, “cheated” is a very strong word.

Besides, we knew from the survey that IG was considering new characters that were variations on existing ones. It’s something Tekken has been doing well for decades now. Worst case scenario, I won’t use him. Best care, sweet more characters!

2 Likes

I do think clones are quite meh, but Kilgore being a bonus, rather than part of a season makes it okay for me. I’m completely fine if these three characters end up being clones just to give us something to play around with until (hopefully) a fourth season.

No, I like Kilgore just not the name so much.

MK-1 or something along the lines of a version of product number would’ve been tongue in cheek fun

Kind of, but he has his own stuff too. However I’m not into making more characters because I don’t want KI to be KoF.
I’m liking Kilgore though, despite he hasn’t got hands =P

Different enough. Moves may look the same but they have different properties and he will play differently.

2 Likes

Kilgore is an interesting purpose as a Fulgore variation. Goofy junk robot prototype sound hilarious to me lol. But i’ve predicted long time ago by towards the end of season 3 if they add more characters later these were just going to be shadow versions and clone variations. You guys can see now how season 4 are irrelevant at this point and start a sequel for this game is a wise choice.

1 Like

At least it makes sense why he has rehashed animations, unlike Omen blatantly stealing from other characters randomly

1 Like

Not really. This community’s furor over any form of recycled animation has always puzzled me. It strikes me as a smart use of limited resources, not a betrayal of some deep-seated natural law that all stand MK’s must look different.

God help us the day some of you guys play a street fighter game and encounter a legion of shotos…

20 Likes

So a character with wildly different specials and a completely unique mechanic is a re-hash?

3 Likes

Ultimately how could any of us possibly say we feel cheated? We literally thought season 3 was done and then suddenly out of nowhere we’re getting 3 new characters for no extra charge! (Unless you buy characters individually of course). Besides an amalgamation of Fulgore and Cinder sounds like a sick idea and he seems pretty awesome to me.

(he might even be my new main after the Fulgore rework)

2 Likes

That’s the nature of clone characters. They probably did this to save time and money, instead of coming up with somethin completely different, it’s easier to “copy/paste” something they already made and then tweak it to be kinda different.

Wait a minute…This sounds familiar…

IMO the KILGORE is legit!!! XD
cant wait to lvl50 him

Look at it from a business point of view. Would you really want an employee spending “x” number of hours on a animation, and never use it again? That would be real dumb on their part, also not very cost effective.

Alot of the characters now share the same animations. Glacius, Spinal, and Tusk all share the shoulder bash. Omen has Saberwulf’s hands, and that was even pointed out by IG when he was released. Omen also shares the eclipse animation.
The “DP” is also used by quite a few characters.

Can’t people just be happy that we are getting what we have beening asking for in the first place? We are getting more colors, skins, and characters, just like we asked for!

1 Like

but this way KI is going down to the level of games like tekken and street fighter. Mortal Kombat should be its reference. Wait. A bunch of ninjas with different colors and movesets? Kilgore is legit!

All of those animations are different. The moves are similar in concept but the animations are definitely not the same.

1 Like

He is not a clone though.

I’ve already stated the definition of “clone character” many times before. And I’m sure you’ve seen that. If not, tell me so I can inform you.