Any video game collectors on the forum?

I guess we all collect them to a certain extent, but I was curious if you had any in your collection that you were particularly proud of, maybe some underrated gems in the fighting genre or any genre really, or ones that you were trying hunt down.

Personally, I enjoy collecting Saturn, PSone, Dreamcast and PS2 games, but I also have some Genesis, Gamecube and original Xbox games to go along with my more up to date consoles.

Anyone else here collect? Looking for some good game suggestions to target either via Amazon or the classic game stores.

Have you ever watched Game Chasers on you tube? Great show

1 Like

I used to collect everything Sega. I had peripherals like Maracas, three Dreamcasts (two PAL, one JP), an extra arcade stick for that friend who never came over, the list goes on.

Also n64 was one of my favorite systems. Memory expansion in the backslot, lol

Then my university life came to an end, lol. Haven’t been keeping up on my collector skills since…

I only regret losing my neo geo pocket and snk fighting games for the NGPC, and selling my game gear and other handhelds. More than consoles, I had some sweet handheld titles…

No I haven’t seen that, I’ll have to check it out! Thanks, man.

Yeah, I still have my Game Gear, but not a lot of games. If memory serves, I have Mortal Kombat 2, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, NHL Hockey, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and maybe one or two others. I was actually going to throw it away several years ago because the d-pad stopped working.

Luckily enough, in the one (and only) time I’ve ever thought to open an system and take a look inside, I checked and saw that the rubber part under the d-pad was almost split in half. How? I have no idea.

I also had a busted PSone controller, so I thought "maybe their d-pad’s a similar on the inside? They were practically identical, thankfully. I was able to slide that in to the Game Gear’s and it’s worked perfectly ever since. Great little system too! Sega made way too expensive though, otherwise, I think it would’ve done better.

Check out this game shop in Arkansas…wow!