Another Guest Character Before Season 3?

We will have another Guest Character BEFORE Season 3? Because in the Character Select Screen now with Rash there its another KI Icon on the right side… It means another Guest Character or its just a icon to make the Character Select screen more “better”?

1 Like

I think the current layout is just a placeholder, a way to get Rash out there without having to do a full season 3 revamp of the select screen. I wouldn’t hold onto much hope of that slot being anything at all, I’m betting once rash goes away it’ll go back to the way it was for season 2.

1 Like

Oh… Right I forget that :pensive:
Well…
I Hope that KI Season 3 Character Select Screen be Great! :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah the current layout isn’t going to work, they might have to do a horizontal thing to fit three 3x3 grids.

2 Likes

I do hope this is a learned XB-MS thing for testplaying and fan teasing.

They have to balance characters in, why not find out what near final builds are like before release? Won’t make things perfect for official launches but it will help with making us feel included in growing the game while keeping our attention.

1 Like

I think the second guest will either be released mid season and tease like the rest or thrown in at the end

1 Like

This will be great!
Three 3X3 Horizontal Grids each one with the Characters of their Season… Will looks like Ultra Street Fighter IV :smiley:

1 Like

It wouldn’t shock me if they announced who it will be, but if I had to guess, when season 3 launches in earnest, the whole select screen will look way different from what we’ve got now.

2 Likes

Probably maybe even a NEW UI? BETTER GRAPHICS? NEW VICTORY POSES? ULTIMATES FOR EACH CHARACTER? :neutral_face:

1 Like

I dunno about the graphics, but given that the last UImatched the season 2 site, it’s not tooooo crazy to think a new UI could be in the offing for season 3?

2 Likes

Im saying this because KIS3 will “battle” with SFV next year
So, Okay, A New Engine its Impossible… But… What about Enhanced Graphics? I mean… KIS1 was made in 1 year! The first build has extremely simply graphics! And look now! They could improve the same engine again with new graphics! right?

1 Like

Tough to say. I’m sure they could optimize here and there, tighten some animations here and there. Fans have been calling for a while to fix certain things here and there like Orchid’s face and hair, a lot of the season one classic looks, etc.

Seems they have more of a “look forward, not back” view to that though.

Either way, I’d be curious to see what they can do with this time with the graphics. My guess would be touch ups at best, but who knows.

2 Likes

I hope so too :smile:

2 Likes

The only way I personally would approve of another guest character is if it is someone DARK, EVIL, Serious… along the lines of the regular KI characters. We got the Silly, KIDDY guest character out of the way (RASH)…now the next guest needs to be bad ■■■…like Dante from Dantes Inferno, or Michael Myers, or Satan himself. lol