Annihilation move is OP. take it out

Only way to find out.

absolutely, you should be able to get into the channel via this link https://discordapp.com/invite/0uiJcPMAfeoq6wYv an they intend to do tournaments i believe biweekly. Iā€™m not sure if they set that in stone yet. But they donā€™t want to interfere with 8bbd or KI Pro League. Check it out! sorry for the late reply though

1 Like

I joined man.

2 Likes

I donā€™t find Annihilation OP at all. In fact it has to be one of the dumbest ways to lose your Instinct. 90% of the Shagos I fight give up SO much potential and Shago mix up power to slowly creep towards me with that move. The only time Iā€™ve seen it used effectively is during a combo to finish me off. That is sadly only 1% of the time.

Iā€™ve beaten it with standing normals. Neutral jumps, Heavy Widows Biteā€¦ ect ect ect.

Itā€™s flashy, but a complete waste of Instinct in most cases.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame that Shago players just toss it out whenever. Iā€™ve mained him since he launched and I feel like Shagoā€™s Demon is more of a psychological move. If you can land it 100% of the time by baiting throws and grabs, youā€™re pretty much saying ā€œI can hit you however, whenever I want.ā€

Naturally your opponent will likely switch to a more defensive playstyle and you can start hitting them with Shagoā€™s great mixups.

1 Like

I only use Annihilation as a punish for when the opponent does something stupid in neutral. Itā€™s nice to have some guaranteed damage for a really hard punish. Like a lot of his tools, you really donā€™t wanna just throw it out.
Thatā€™s why I kinda gravitate towards a more defensive Shago when I play him. Heā€™s really unsafe, but his options for punishing are really quick and can often hit from surprising angles.

im more surprised someone revived a thread that was dead for 4 monthsā€¦

Best feeling is never popping Instinct until you catch your opponent throwing some dumb ā– ā– ā– ā–  out (is: raw Heavy Wind Kick after fireball) and immediately super that. That freeze frame really makes me feel all ā€œAw yeah. That just happenedā€. One bar of instinct is pretty small in comparison to about 50% unbreakable punish.

The only people who fall for demon are bad players. :stuck_out_tongue:

what people dont realize is, the demons 48% damage isnt comparable to the 78%~ damage combo he can do when shago instinct cancels. Its like Fulgoreā€™s hypebeam, its more for intimidation than anything.

your joking right? maybe u just havenā€™t done your homework. go to lab. do your homework, oak nuggins??

This move has 3 frames of startup if I remember correctly, which means you can light DP it or jump out of it on POINT BLANK RANGE.

There are two reasons you get hit by this move:
1.You did some unsafe stuff and got punished
2.Youā€™ve been lazy on learning frame data and didnā€™t realize how weak this move is.

Seriously, this move is as overrated as TJā€™s last stand and scrubs use it because itā€™s flashy. You should actually be glad that opponent wasted his resources.

1 Like