Analysis: Why We Should Buff More Than Nerf (KI is featured!)

I can’t speak for everyone but I have to say if Capcom is trying anything like that they’re kinda too late since I’ve given up on the Marvel Vs Capcom series.

well I went and looked at a video and it said you can switch the characters at any point in the match? so instead of just doing one combo with a character, infinities can just be carried over between the two characters? So you may still get to destory your opponent in one combo, it just might need a two man team which on the other hand means it’s vital to keep your characters, then again it may just keep that ability with something else.

I don’t know how this thread turned into a discussion about Marvel but I’ll say my piece anyways:

I’m currently not liking how MvC:I is looking to turn out even though we still only have that one gameplay trailer (that honestly felt more like a ‘proof of concept’ more so than actual gameplay). What I don’t like about it is the fact that it doesn’t look anything like Marvel gameplay at all to me and I have a sneaking suspicion that it won’t change much from what we’ve been shown.

I don’t like the fact that they’re changing up the core style of the game so dramatically because what other game in the current market even fulfills that specific niche of fighters besides Skullgirls (which I’ve been trying to learn since I never got into Marvel and like supporting smaller games; I’d highly recommend it if you like that type of game!)? I don’t like the potential idea of them ‘simplifying’ the core structure of the game when the Marvel 3 was already basic compared to Marvel 2. I feel like 3 character team based assist is a core fundamental rule for Marvel games and what the fanbase has come to expect. Having it be 2 character teams where you swap in mid combo with (possible!) no assist just doesn’t sound fun to me when we already have that with SFxT.

I just fear that Capcom isn’t learning their lesson by taking away the bits and pieces of Marvel (infinites and all) that makes those games Marvel, you know what I mean? I believe that’s the same argument that @MDMMORNING is trying to make as well. We both don’t want to see a game that has tons of fans be turned into something that they didn’t ask for that caters to people that don’t like those types of games. I just want Marvel players to have Marvel.

1 Like

My bad. :smile_cat:

Precisely. I couldn’t have (obviously) said it better myself.

Thank you, good sir, for your calmness and clarity. You are a gentleman and a scholar. *adjusts monocle *

You’re more than welcome! I just like to chime in whenever I get time off of work!

I didn’t know if it was resolved before I even posted because I skimmed the last few posts of the thread.

1 Like

I have to say this… Saying X is Mega Man is like saying Fulgore is Kilgore. X isn’t Mega Man. X is a different robot.

Anyway, I’m done geeking out…continue with your discussion.

2 Likes

My bad, my bad, but compared to Zero, I’d say X is pretty damn “for realz.” I totally forgot this iteration was X though. I was just excited for the Blue Bomber.

Post in question edited for clarity. :smiley:

1 Like

True, true…compared to Zero X is more Mega.

1 Like

Oh yeah one last thing.
Since this thread is about buffs, buff all my characters especially Orchid :slight_smile:

Seems like this thread is pretty relative to a couple of players sentiments.

Shout out to Core-A-Gaming again

I miss this LCD

I was thinking the same thing; it’s not really comparable at all.

Could you imagine playing SF and at 2/3 health you lose your fireball and at 1/3 you lose your DP? Most FGs do the exact opposite; they create some kind of comeback mechanic.