An online KI experiment- How bad is it out there?

0 rude players today…
0 laggy matches…

Oh wait… I haven’t been playing KI… I’m at work. :tired_face:

1 Like

Recently I’ve run into a string of - to be blunt - dickish players. They either leave after the first match or lose a string of matches, win one, teabag, and then leave. Sometimes I play against guys who are relatively new and we’ll go for a set, but that isn’t the same as against someone who is within my skill range.

One Tusk player I messaged after he bagged and left. It was 2-2 or 2-3 and that last match got nutty and close. I thought we were having fun, which is what I said, but he never responded. A shame, really.

THe last 3 days for me have been nothing but teabaggers, 2x ultras and excessive taunts. Not regular taunts but the ones where its over and over and over… purposely done to antagonize.
So bad that I didnt even keep a list like i have on this thread in the past since i was just really aggitated.

Im going to compile the data of this thread int he next few days. THe experiment ends tomorrow so get in your last list by end of day tomorrow.

Mine today was 5 matches in ranked
1- tea baggs attempted 2x ultra
2 no issues
3. multiple tad bags and attempted 2x ultra
4 tea bags
5 no issues

First play in a few days.

Fought a eagle/riptor/eyedol/ rash. Wouldnt stop jumping. I end it at 9-0

Next fought a jago player. 5-0 in my favor.

Final set was vs a tj player. Had his mic on so I put mine on as well. He did do a bit better as things went on. Ended 10-2 in my favor. No salt and I gave him some advice on dealing with omen.

I think one thing that can be taken from this experiment is that being somewhat well known as well as the characters you play can affect the kind of salt you get. I haven’t gotten any in a very long time.

I remember him. He used thunder as well. Always enjoyed playing him since he was a particularly patient thunder.

2 Likes

I totally agree with that. Certain characters and set ups can really get people riled up. And if you are known yet play “fair” and dont act like a jack asss you get respect.
BUt on the flip side… if you are a killer and are used to winning and get beat or ALMOST beat by a lower level player… the killer start acting a fool and start tea bagging and going ape shittt.
I cant stand it when killers do that… but I love it when I wreck them and put them in there place too.

I reset my rank last month when i started this experiment and it really pulled out the true colors of a lot of Killer tier players when they underestimated me by my tier.

3 Likes

Shadow Survival today 8-13
8 matches so far and 5 are tea baggers and excessive taunts. LOL…SHADOW SURVIVAL

1 Like

Id like to point out a rare exception. I recently played a killer teir. Went 6 fights with him. The last one I messaged him ahead of the match.

“One more fight. I’m gunna toss a taunt out there but it’s not for insult (I picked Kilgore) it’s so I can render a salute. As a veteran I like to salute the better man, and the better man clearly won”

I knew I wouldn’t win with Kilgore. If I couldn’t beat him with my riptor (my best fighter) I wasn’t going to win with Kilgore but I still wanted to render a salute and that was the only way to do it.

The killer on the other end was very appreciative for both the taunt and my service. It was truly a gratifying set for both of us.

6 Likes

Thats right it was you I played wasn’t it? @DarkLrdChuckles

1 Like

Haha yea it was me.

3 Likes