Alternate intros are here!

Okay, so while playtesting the newly released Shadow Lord, Eyedol, I couldn’t help but notice that he has not 1, but 2 intros!

In it, his line of “I serve no one!” has the words divided between each head. One head starts with the “I” then both heads together say “serve” and finally the other head says “no one!” The thing is, though, the heads alternate between the 1st and last part of the phrase during his intro(s) - sometimes warrior starts and mage ends and sometimes mage starts and warrior ends. As the intro comes to a close, the head with the last line is your starting head (since they start at random) for the match as the other passes out. This keeps you from being unprepared (as does the second or 2 you have just before the game says “fight!” which we already knew from the devs themselves).

What’s not lost on me is what this could mean for the rest of the cast in the future. If the devs at IG can do multiple intros for Eyedol, then I see no real reason outside of a financial burden why they can’t add more over time for everyone. How cool would it be to see the characters directly interacting with each other with pre-fight banter like in other FGs!? If they offered more options through unlockable and/or purchasable intros (and maybe even outros), would you like that kind of thing?

What do you guys think of this?

3 Likes

Wait did you get him early?

Playing him now. ;):sleeping:

…or is it :sleeping:;)?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well technically it’s the same intro. The same lines are still being said. They wanted the RNG factor of the faces splitting so that you won’t always start off with the same one every time.

Because then technically ARIA has multiple intros too since she switches bodies throughout her intro.

1 Like

Ok see now you’re playing with my emotions. Not cool lol. I’ll be back with a reply later. Thx for the heads up GG.

RNG? What’s that mean? I’ve seen it a couple of times, but can’t quite figure it out… :worried:

1 Like

Random number generator. Aka “random”.

1 Like

…but it’s the same because it is always in the same order since she always starts in booster body (I’ll go back and look to make sure once my DL is completed).

Your title is a bit Click Bait material!

I suggest changing it… but I agree…it would be super awesome if they had banter that rotated at least 2 different intro’s and outro’s.

Eyedol is just super sick though! Maybe the best made character in the entire game. I had some really good matches in Exibition earlier… pissed some people off! lol… one guy just quit playing. Not rage quit but just stopped fighting back the last life bar lol

I need to get to bed but Im having to much fun playing Eyedol!

4 Likes

Yes, I got my hopes up.

1 Like

I’d buy anything of good enough standard to do with alternate intros/outros/interactions in dialogue with characters. Partly because IG could script it like the trailers and we’d have a cinematic experience on our hands.

Thanks for the gameplay info too, much appreciated

1 Like

Actually, now that I think on it, ARIA’s outros have always been different depending on which of her bodies remain. So, this whole suggestion of mine has been a possibility since at least then, if not long before…

With that in mind…

IG! What gives!? You could be making mucho bank on things like this!

1 Like

In a way yes. That’s why I said “technically” we’ve had multiple intro’s outro’s since her debut. But I don’t really count it as multiple since well…it’s the same lines.

1 Like

Can people stop posting misleading topics here? They do that an a lot here for some reason.

You know, I WOULD be okay with alternate intros but here’s just one itty-bitty, teeny-weeny problem…

We don’t have the S1 VAs anymore since they are with Double Helix (who were bought by Amazon). Sooo…how does that work?

Ken Lobb did Thunder, so he’s still around

We don’t have MOST of the S1 VAs anymore. Yeah…that’s totally what I meant to say haha.

5 Likes

I sure hope they don’t ever do alternate intros. Especially if they sell them. I’d happily buy them and my wallet will hate me.

I have the same opinion on this I always have. An awesome idea, until you remember that damn near half the cast can’t actually speak with/understand the rest of the cast. KI’s spoken languages include:

Raptor
Thai
English
Nez Perce
Japanese
Golem-like looming
Mechanical beeps/shrieks
Canine snarls/yips/howls
Demonic laughter
Whatever the hell sound Glacius makes

Most KI characters just don’t have the capacity to say something witty or engaging that their opponent would be expected to understand. What MKX does is super cool, but it just wouldn’t work for KI in the same manner. Alternately, it’s pretty friggin cool that KI has the variety of languages and sounds that it does. :slight_smile:

2 Likes