All things Shadow Lab- Ideas, issues, ect

Reviving this thread to get discussion going again. Wanted to throw out some ideas for improving Shadow Labs.

-Shadow Activity Notifications! The latest update brought new content alerts that pop up in the store/menus to let you know if you’ve unlocked something. A similar system that pops up on the Single-Player section would be a good way to a) remind people that Shadows exist, and b)make it easier to keep track of when your Shadow has been challenged.

-Color Customization! This is a popular one of seen suggested a few times on the forums. Being able to have our Shadows show off their color 9/10 would be a much more pleasant representation of the user.

-Shadow Hunting! This is probably my favorite idea: Using a similar structure to Shadow Lords, you could send your Shadow out to deal with other Shadows. The game uses algorithms and stuff to simulate the battle in the background (or while you spectate), calculates the results, and then returns with either a win and some dosh or a loss and some bruises. Or better yet, have it go out and collect wins/bounties until it is defeated. This would make it much easier to keep getting matches played, and you could test your shadows against one another with friends or randoms!

-Automatic Data Collection for All Characters! Being able to only keep a few Shadows is a bit of a bummer. It’d be pretty cool if we could have a Shadow to represent every character we use/own. I also think that it might be a bit silly to let players pick and choose what data gets collected. I know it feels like a blessing, but our Shadows would certainly seem more human if they mimicked our mistakes as well as our victories. This one is a bit lower on my importance scale, but an interesting idea…maybe.

-More Rewards! I dunno if the Shadow Points in Shadow Labs can also be used in Shadow Lords, but they should be. But more importantly, it’d be awesome if getting your Shadow to a certain point got you goodies. For example: Getting a certain number of matches for your Shadow could unlock a unique fight title, emblem, profile card, or even skin for you to unlock (or a package of skins for the whole cast). Perhaps this sort of thing is being saved for Shadow Lords, which is fine, but having more stuff to win could help incentivize more Shadow Lab time!

1 Like

More rewards for playing in the shadow lab I think is very important & an easy way to get more players to use the mode.
Another thing I think might help this mode is for Microsoft to relaunch it with new features/modes/rewards. Have Aria’s voice actress come back & record lines explaining why she needs our fighting data to help combat the enemies of humanity. After reading the novellas, I think this would fit in well with the plot. Work it into the dojo like infill posted about & it could be like Aria’s danger room. Have mini games like break targets, destroy cars or whatever & now I think we are looking at a real mode that can stand on it’s own!

One mode I would like to see would be a shadow tournament. Each pool would be seeded with different tiers of shadows. 50/100/200 ect… At the end of this “Ultratech Killer Instinct tournament” you could post what the results were to your Xbox feed & tag the other players shadows to let them know where they placed too.

1 Like

My Shadow Lab is working fine. It’s pretty fun!

1 Like

I use shadow lab a lot.

Apologies as I don’t want to hijack this thread but I haven’t been able to access Shadow Lab for a few MONTHS now. The latest update also doesn’t work for me. Anyone else have the problem??

After going into the menu and selecting Shadow Lab, the game says that it cannot retrieve data from the servers and asks if I want to retry. Retrying results in the same issue. This has happened after numerous patches and for a very long time now.

@TotalJimkata @developers

I reported this multiple times in the bug fixing thread as well. Thanks as always.

Sorry to quote something from so long ago, but I’d love it if we could choose character colors, not just to show them off, but some of the looks honestly don’t work very well with certain accessories if the color’s not right.

Really hope to see this happen at some point.

Also, since I’m bumping this thread, I was wondering if the wonderful @developers at MS / IG have any plans / ideas for adding more unlockables for playing this mode? I love unlocking the shadow skins, but was curious if any more content might become available through this mode at some point.

Anyone had some questionable results come up in Shadow Lab?

What I mean is I know my Shadow is going to loose matches, but the last two times I had results (where the person didn’t rage quit so the results were lost) it’s the same 2 people. I can get their names if needed, but basically…

• These 2 people both played my shadow 6+ times
  • Each match ended with the same health and time results
  • It almost felt like it kept posting the results until I logged out of the game

I’m not sure if this is a bug in Shadow Lab, but if was only meant to record these matches once, it’s not and they’re stuck on my shadow’s record. Just curious if this has been something that’s been discussed at all, or I just missed something.

Yeah, It’s a bug and It’s been reported. And yeah the duplicating thing is pretty annoying. Until they fix it there is a work-around: go into shadow lab as usual, and access your shadow activity as usual. Then instead of backing out into the shadow lab menu again, quit out of KI completely and restart the game. It’ll stop the current duplicating. The only problem with it is every time you have new activity you’ll need to check it and then restart the game again

1 Like