Aganos Q and A

I didn’t do much to help other then stating I would use him in evo if that ever happen. I would probably go there when pigs grow wings and start to fly, But thanks anyway for the shoutout!

You’re welcome! I enjoyed our matches together. :smiley:

I don’t know if I helped too much, but I’m glad to chip in when I can!

We will have more soon. Sometime.

No problem Guys!

Thanks dude, I’ll have to remember all that from now on! I had no idea you could flick away the swarms.

Ok. So I’m working on a Pocket Aganos (LOL You guys converted me) So I have a question. What is the best use of Chunks? You know. As projectiles? How do you use them properly other than for armor? What are some setups? The weaknesses?

Good Luck! :wink:

A couple of questions, would not being able to throw Aganos impact the game’s balance negatively too much?
Or is it a feasible idea, and if so, is it a good idea?

I am learning Aganos and learned some stuff. His normals are very important. I don’t know what specials to use though.

In a word, yes. It would mean that Aganos with chunks is never under any sort of threat from certain members of the cast. Not everyone has fast hitting normals or specials that can take multiple chunks. and for characters without a grounded overhead it would mean they are forced to do an unsafe jump if a chunked Aganos just decided to down+back, as they’d have no credible way to open him up or do damage otherwise (and jumping against Aganos is terribly dangerous anyway). An Aganos who couldn’t be thrown would have some of the most unbalanced MU’s in the game.

1 Like

What’s the best way to deal with a maya who is constantly throwing daggers and filling her dagger charges up? I know I can flick but they’re so fast!

I think Jago edges Aganos actually. You can’t chunk against him (even from full screen because of shadow endokuken), and certainly never after sweep (because of shadow wind kick). I think turtle Jago is really hard for Aganos to crack, and I think Jago’s meaty pressure on Aganos is quite good. The one bonus for Aganos is that Jago has no double-hitting air moves and no jump arc altering stuff, so he can do that trip guard punish thing against him fairly reliably. But (as is the case against every character), if you get broken on your combo, you’re really in a world of hurt, since you spent a chunk for no benefit. I suppose you can just throw to get your chunk back, but that’s a pretty losing damage proposition over time (since you take damage from the jumpin).

I dunno. Aganos has some things going for him but I think Jago controls most of it. I don’t really know what range Aganos is comfortable in when Jago has the life lead (or how to get there).

I firmly believe that Aganos beats Jago 6-4, maybe even worse.

If Jago runs away you can react to anything he can do full screen with shadow ruin. You can flick away his projectiles to limit his zoning or block for meter. Yes, you have a hard time chunking up, but I don’t think that’s too important in this MU. Without chunks Aganos can OS Jagos wake up or just back off if you have a bar of meter and wait for him to come to you. Aganos has by far the best normals in the game and so you can kind of keep out Jago. He has to guess either when you’re going to do a sweep or when you’re going to hit a button, plus if you have at least 1 chunk he needs to spend a bar on shadow endokuken in order to actually hit you. Even in this way, if Jago guesses correctly he doesn’t get a full combo, he gets a knockdown. Aganos can still SC Jagos F+HK, so if you have the reaction time, that really limits his offence. Worst case scenario is that Jago is on offence and you don’t have any chunks. In this case just block accordingly and remain patient. Jago doesn’t have any rediculous shenanigans so he’s not as hard to defend against compared to the rest of the cast. Plus if at any point you guess right with shadow ruin, Jago needs to get in all over again.

From my experience, the best way to put the hurt on a turtling Jago is to use the peacekeeper. If they’re constantly turtling, that means you have more time than usual to put a wall up behind you and grab it. If they try to outzone you with his projectiles, simply put a wall behind them and get shadow meter from his projectiles (by blocking) in order to smash him through it once he shoots another or does something unsafe while you have chunk-armor, like jumping for example. The scarierst Jagos I fight as my Aganos are the ones who know how to manual and use his frametraps up close (as well as those who know how to effectively juggle with his instinct projectile, shadow-gaining, life-gaining, and unbreakable combo… So broken, BTW) - those guys will remove your chunks, use mixups, and lock you out - and that’s scary.

#I Be Like:

4 Likes