Aganos finally won a 8bitbeatdown! Watch and celebrate! :D

It’s all about the walls. Aganos building walls.

1 Like

Build that wall!!! So happy to see Aganos doing well. gratz to Letalis

Many people on these forums have seen what I can do with walls - if you’re not using them, you’re vastly underplaying him. Even as good as his golem was, I still saw a few missed opportunities for wall placement.

Haven’t watched yet but going on what others are saying it sounds like the exact opposite–he capitalized on the fact that they DID know, and took advantage of the threat of high one-chance damage to do powerful extended combos.

Almost like if you make moderate risk/huge reward decisions you’ll come out on top over players hyperfocused on low risk/low reward…

Did somebody deny how good you are or something? Whats the point of this comment? I’m sure letalis, himself as well as other aganos players know there’s always room for improvement. It seems like you’re diminishing his victory a bit. We’re all team aganos here! :slight_smile: Right?

1 Like

maybe i have scrub vision but to me it looked like they didnt know any of aganos’ timings. Like how my Shago gets free damage because people dont know how to break shadow footdive sometimes.

Well, that’s kinda the perks of being hidden under the radar somewhat. Noones’ super familiar with what you got.

Just stating that, based upon how I play and place walls, I noticed he missed a few opportunities for wall placement (that other non-golem players are also likely not to notice). Whether that was more or less beneficial to him, I can’t really say…

Got it. I’d definitely be interested in seeing some of your gameplay footage if any is available. I’d root for you and any other Aganos I see competing. I recall you stating some time ago that your internet wasn’t the greatest, so I imagine there’s not a lot of footage out there of your Aganos.

I used to have short clips from the xbox dvr that would go to the xbox dvr websites. However, since I’ve been playing on PC almost exclusively now, I’m still learning the ropes of doing the clips on PC, and putting them out there for others to see. (I still have a lot to learn tho!)

On the contrary. Go to my XBL profile to see a bunch of them. Many are old, and most of them are short rather than full matches, but they’re still plenty fun to watch. :wink:

Just from watching his play and from my own brief run-in with him, I think in general Letalis is prioritizing pressure and positioning over trying to maximize wall damage. He’d rather sweep you and dash in a bit than chunk up or place a wall during your knockdown. I think it’s largely a question of preference though - as we all saw, Letalis was quite content to go for combo damage over wall damage. He hit very hard at many points in his matches; he just wasn’t using walls to do so.

3 Likes

Nice. I’ll check em out!

This is true. And it’s a great testament to the versatility of Aganos. Definitely one of the most innovative fighting game characters ever imo.

4 Likes

congrats my fellow rocky brother

Exactly what i was gonna say

And making the rest of the cast pay for them.

Sorry, couldn’t resist my urges to display a spectacularly bad taste :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a good he only needs to be knocked down 3 times. Then the walls come tumbling down…hmmmmmmmmmmmm I think I’m onto something…

Soooo… Now that linked Twitch record is deleted, can this piece of history be found somewhere?

Most of the Beatdown’s have been uploaded to YouTube, so you can probably find it there.

Archives streams are never permanent on Twitch. Your best chance is if someone uploaded it to YouTube.

Edit: I got ninja’d.

1 Like