A vampire for season 3

You’re right. I saw the Kan Ra / Sabrewulf comparison and my brain jumped back to a different post when I came back a moment later to respond. That was my mistake. Got a little mixed up. Sorry! :grin:

I’m just throwing the idea out there, but wouldn’t it perhaps make more sense and require less exposition on the subject to have a more “Dracula from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night” look for the character as their retro outfit? I mean, that’s the image that I get when I hear “Victorian vampire,” but maybe you’re seeing something different.

Pesonally, I’d rather see IG’s interpretation of a unique looking, modern vampire (again, not the sparkling, Twilight version, but something new and awesome looking) with a classic Victorian look (which I do like) for the retro, but that’s just me. To each, his own.

You’re right. I forgot that Aganos went dormant. I thought that he just wandered without purpose, but I misremembered. Good call there.

I thought of this for a while… why not release a vampire in beginning of October in ki with accessories as well. It would be a surprise and best time for a monster character to make an appearance this time of year.

I definitely wouldn’t mind a vampire looking like these

Having just encountered a Vampire in Shadow Run Hong Kong I wouldn’t mind seeing one in KI. I just hope its an elegant vampire. People on here saying he/she should be keep away would just ruin the chance of having a vampire in the game. Vampires usually have claws, wings, or sharp fangs, none of that is a keep away character. In my opinion a Vampire character should always be in the enemies face constantly draining blood. With enough blood is can go full vampire monster mode and shed its human skin. That’s how I would make a Vampire in KI.

Certainly could be a way to roll two characters people want into one. An Alucard-type vampire would be awesome though, just sayin.

1 Like

I say, save the classic Romanian vampire look for the retro costume. The current design should be a modern vampire. Say as you will about the series, you do anyway, but the vampires from Twilight have the look that I want for this character.

A little flair added would be cool, but the base design should, at least to me, look like Garrett here.

Accentuate some of it’s features to be a bit more feral, but only at certain times.

I suggested that only in a weakened state. Once it regains power, it becomes the hunter. It wasn’t only keep away though. Think of it more as leading you on, giving you a false sense of security. An illusory character, in more ways than one.

One move I thought would be neat is a counter teleport. It functions as a counter move, but when you get hit, you teleport. Use it to confuse your opponent, or escape pressure.

NO! I don’t want vampire look like this from twilight!

Cool, thanks for the input. Nice hostility too.

The only difference between Twilight vampires and modern vampires is the sparkle. I don’t think IG would make any character sparkle… except maybe Glacius.
So it’s really just a question of how the vampire is dressed. Victorian clothing or Modern clothing?
Assuming the vampire isn’t something like those in 30 Days of Night, where they’re more monster-faced.

1 Like

Hard to decide for a vampire when their weakness is sunlight. We don’t need Twilight sparkle, we just need like burns or something.

But I’m still sticking to a dhampir. A “Blade” type of vampire with an Alucard look.

Nosferatu was first vampire before Dracula.

Oh whatever… But he very creepy vampire than Hisako.

Count Orlok was the product of film. It was an unofficial adaption of Dracula. The studio never obtained permission, so they changed the names of the characters. They were still sued because it was still so close to Dracula. It was made in the 1920s, so Dracula is older, with it being written in the late 1800s. Bram Stoker did not invent vampires, he was just one of the influential people that popularized it. He used vampire folklore to help write his book, but he took several liberties to change it the way he wanted it. He made up plenty of traits that vampires are assumed to have, but they are just a product of Stoker’s imagination.

In the folklore, they wouldn’t burn in the sunlight. Even in “Dracula”, one part in the book, he is walking in the courtyard during the day. The skin burning in sunlight is an invention of cinema. They can make it where sunlight doesn’t burn them in the game. The reason the vampires in Twilight “sparkle”, is because when they change, their skin becomes crystalline. Similar to how ice shimmers in sunlight, with their skin becoming similar to diamond in hardness. Stephanie Meyers made her own vampire fiction, no different than Stoker. Hers is actually closer to the folklore than his.

1 Like

Whoa… That’s why they change his name… Thank you for tell me! :smile:

No vampirese from twilight. They ruin the name vampire… in my opinion.

1 Like