A Succubus Character Design

I’ve had a go at a character design for a succubus.
I’ve added a quick overview below, I’ll add posts going into more detail later if it’s of any interest to anyone.
As always this stuff is for sharing, please feel free to edit the material or add your own designs and ideas.

TL:DR

Delilah is a succubus inspired by ancient Hebrew, Sumerian and Akkadian mythology , as well as a few modern day cult TV shows/movies.

Her fight style revolves around mocking, humiliating and taunting her opponents….( as well as her minions. )
She is an exceptionally fast/agile character but physically very weak.

She has 5 fight ‘systems’:

1)High level combos release energy orbs, which she can absorb and convert into either health or shadow meter - which is versatile, however the process of doing so leaves her vulnerable.

2)She can summon Blood Beasts - liquid zombies - to do her evil bidding.
They can attack, grapple and protect.
HOWEVER, she can also beat, trip, throw + mock them too!
Summoning Blood Beasts drains her health.

3)She can summon Hex - moth shaped familiars which grant aerial and dash moves as well as a projectile attack that can stun or inflict ‘mind control’ upon her opponents.
Using Hex moves drains her shadow meter.

4)Her basic attacks are semi-charge and involve the use of her dagger.
A simple back forward punch works, BUT if you charge the move you’ll get a more powerful alternative. + She has a few unique quirks.

5)Domination - a weaponized taunt system. Through the effective use of mocking and derision you can boost Delilah’s attack power!

Stage - The Necropolis - set in Babylon, the scene is of a royal wedding from 2500 years ago, things went according to plan , everyone died, Delilah was responsible.

Ultra - involves humiliating your opponent through flashy combos and a ‘mind controlled’ finisher!

Stage Ultra - Basmu (a mythological Mesopotamian monster) swallows your opponent whole!

Ultimate - Delilah summons a Blood Beast horde, and adds her opponent to her collection.

Instinct: Blood Lust - Delilah levels up!

6 Likes

I’ll add more posts looking at things in detail following this format
1)Profile / Stage info
2)Energy Absorption
3)Blood Beasts
4)Hex
5)Basic moves
6)Domination
7)Ultras, Ultimates and Instinct

1 - PROFILE AND STAGE INFO

4 Likes

2 - ENERGY ABSORPTION

4 Likes

3- BLOOD BEASTS

5 Likes

4- HEX

5 Likes

Cool! I like the throwing and kicking of beasts

1 Like

5 - BASIC MOVES

6 Likes

6 - DOMINATION

4 Likes

7 - ULTRAS, ULTIMATES AND INSTINCT

Phew, that’s the lot!

7 Likes

Lol, yeah, I was thinking of that game Overlord where you have those little gremlin-like minions that you can beat on when they get in your way! :grin:

2 Likes

My God, she comes with entire diagrams!

4 Likes

I love the whole idea, scheme, and presentation. Can you n do the same thing for a gorgon type creature? @LittleHellXIII

1 Like

Oh my wow, she and Mizumi are completely opposite wit the way you show your succubus off, that might be a perfect match up

1 Like

That’s what I call dedication.

1 Like

Excellent presentation!

Based on what I scrolled through she seems like a Puppeteer, which is an archetype propel have been wanting for a while.
Plus I like the idea of pulling from classical old school definitions for these sort of monstrous characters. Or any character for that matter
I can dig it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome showcase of a possible potential new character in AND for Killer Instinct :smile: :grin: :smiley: :grinning:

Perfect! Supreme Victory! Ultra Victory! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have to say, that’s probably the most well thought out character design pitch I’ve ever seen in these forums. Good stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like it! Need to bookmark this and thoroughly check it out.

Lot of juicy details to sink into, awesome job.

1 Like

Reading through again, I really like working the Taunt into gameplay. I remember thinking it’d be really cool for Cinder to get fired up if he successfully taunted, and this is that to the Nth degree. Excellent stuff, especially considering the character!

1 Like

Woah nice work pal. I’ve never seen anything quite like this on a forum. This is well thought out, extremely detailed with a massive amount of effort. I’d be very interested in seeing this in KI. I tip my hat to you! :male_detective: You’ve really set the standard.

1 Like