The game currently has moments when some of the basics of the combo system are broken.
- Manuals are supposed to be difficult to break, yet a manual after an opener can be mash-broken.
- Throws after a wallsplat can be defended against by an option select that auto-techs if thrown, while allowing a block if NOT thrown.
- First frame Mash breaking
- Guess mashing for break / tech during stagger
- Guess mashing for break after getting hit by a projectile.
Let a character be able to get timing locked out AT ANY POINT OF HIT STUN.
- I know it sounds goofy, but keep in mind that im not suggesting a 100% worked out idea, its just a suggestion.
-This would fix some issues by allowing a character to be locked out for attempting to mash during a part of the combo that is not breakable, including openers, wallsplats, staggers, ect… All of the above would be fixed instantly.
- Getting broken is a HUGE disadvantage for some characters, while being easy for others to deal with, So this would also auto-balance the entire roster slightly by punishing mash breaking.
Please give some feedback on this idea, while keeping in mind that this is a NEW idea, so im not suggesting it be added instantly as-is. I really think this would be a great change for KI, even if a version different than the one i suggested had to be used.
Two issues i can see:
- It would be extremely confusing and frustrating for new players, but then again… EVERYTHING in a fighting game is that way… so it makes sense. People coming from other fighting games would have no problem, though, as they are used to not pressing anything after getting hit.
- It could cause accidents where a player attempts a throw, but gets locked out because a C.LP they didnt expect hit them 1 frame before. This could be avoided by only allowing a player to be locked out during an opener, stagger, projectile hit, or wallsplat, and NOT during any type of normal.
So… what do y’all think?