3 Stages AT LAUNCH? or 3 Stages PERIOD?

I agree. I really despise selecting my own music; I would rather let the stage decide what song I listen to. Not only that, but you cannot have a randomly selected theme last I checked. I like to just play random stages for a random theme song. And it doesn’t help that many songs just feel wrong in different stages. KI is such a theme-driven game that it makes little sense to have a music-select.

It’s also astonishing that the guest character has one of the three stages, and it feels completely out of place, but Gargos won’t have one.

2 Likes

100% agree.

Regardless of what other fighting games are doing, we paid the same for the same amount of characters with stages in season 2, that we are paying for 5/6 characters WITHOUT stages in season 3, including the returning final boss, whilst Arbiter randomly gets one.

And a similar amount of mechanics/modes are seemingly introduced in both seasons, for arguments sake. Plus characters and stages are more important than mechanics and modes at this point anyway.

1 Like

that can heavily be debated…
how important something is lowers when the quantity rises. there isnt alot of modes…actually only 2 or 3 if you include story mode…and mechanics are definitely important in a game in order for the the gameplay to be engageing

50 charecters plus 50 stages with stale gameplay and no modes will create a bad game no matter what.

2 Likes

I so agree with this and I’m glad I’m not alone.

1 Like

For sure.

Though with KI being so heavily focused on mind games and whatnot, I’ve always felt it majorly excels in human vs human play, and that the solo modes feel a little dull comparatively.

What more at this point does KI really NEED in terms of modes? I’ll welcome anything that turns out great, and Shadow Lords is certainly intriguing, but I don’t think it’s glaringly missing any extras at this point.

50 characters and modes would be excessive. But 36 and 36, by the end of a fourth season, for example? I’d of loved that, and I think most would be inclined to agree.

1 Like

UI = User Interface

I agree about the music. Without new stages then the new music seems pointless. MS being the rich company they are could easily put enough money into more stages. And I’d be willing to pay also if they made another community fund for it.

It’s not always about money. All the money in the world cannot prove aliens exist with a week deadline. First you need workers(which there may not be enough) the technology to even feasibly accomplish the task and most important TIME to finish with the deadline.

im going to correct this

Season 1
New Game:
New Engine including all effects, particles and lightning
All the base Game Mechanics
Completely New UI
New Game Modes
Balancing
8 Stages
8 characters

Season 2
New Features:
Reworked UI with better load times for characters
New Game Modes inkl. Reworked Ranked leagues
Worse Lightning than S1 - brighter and some effects removed + motion blur added
New Game Mechanics
Balancing
9 Characters + Shago
8 Stages

Season 3
New Features:
Tweaked UI
New Game Modes
Improved Lightning back to S1 Standards (some even better) and some effects added back
New Game Mechanics
Balancing
8 Characters
3 Stages

Its all how you present stuff.

S3 has less content period

3 Likes

You’re also forgetting the PC release and Cross Play.

1 Like

but that is no content.

PC version does not do anything for the 40 Bucks i paid.

2 Likes

I gives us more players to play. And if you bought the PC version, you can play it in 4K resolution.

I will admit to being slightly crestfallen about there not being stages for the new characters as this would have opened the avenue for there to be more stage ultras rather than the five or so that we have right now.

Rash could have sent you into the turbo tunnel, Tusk could have sank a ship with you, Kim Wu could have shoved you into the Porkchop Express as it slammed through the alley way. There’s much that could have been and could possibly be.

1 Like

Don’t forget we also received colours 7, 8 and 9 for all existing characters in season 2.

Yet season 3? Colour 10 if you purchase a physical action figure with massively innordinate postage costs. Sorry for complaining, but I’m dead against these sorts of exclusives. I’d like the option to at least pay a small amount for No.10.

1 Like

Same here.