3 Stages AT LAUNCH? or 3 Stages PERIOD?

it is a needless feature. when you have ranked matches why you should play shadows? ok. that is my opinion. i never see anyone talking about shadows.

Maybe you want to fight a certain someone but that person isnt online. The next best thing is fighting their shadow. FYI,people do use Shadows mode

i know but who is that superstar person. not to mention that in ranked matches you play against very skilled players.

Jeez, I wasn’t expecting so many replies.

Look, I honestly hope that whoever’s the “Final Boss” of the season, be it Gargos or whoever, gets his own stage. Maybe later down the line, I dunno.

But one thing I DO know is that I’m happy with 20 stages. That’s a massive number. And they’ve shown that characters without stages (IE: Rash) will be getting their own, still awesome music. Stages were never that important in KI. I’m SO happy to have them, yes. But the true calling is the pairing of the stage and the music. Spinal’s theme wouldn’t be nearly as creepy without Shipwreck Shore, and Thunder’s stage would feel empty without Hinnamatoom blaring in the background.

20+ stages is still an incredible amount for a fighting game. Most barely have 10, and SFV has even less. I don’t consider it a ripoff that we’re only getting 3 stages. The game’s getting almost completely reworked both graphically and in terms of gameplay, and yeah, we get that even if we don’t get the game, but I have faith in IG that they can pull off something incredible and make this the best season of KI yet, 8 stages or 3.

And on the topic of Shadows, I use them very often. Mostly in fighting Maximilian and Justin Wong, but that’s still using them. No way am I going up against Rico if he has one though. I ain’t suicidal.

Tekken 6: 20
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 27
KOF 13: 22
Virtua Fighter 5: 20
SSF4:19

I can think of plenty :wink:

So pretty much the same amount as KI thanks for the validation!

Do you know how many times I have been able to play against Maximilian_dood on an online battle
0, none, never happened. But I was able to play his shadow 3 times
 And what is more important, I actually learned from fighting his shadow. The only thing they could do to make it better is allow you to fight the shadow more than once per day. This game isn’t for only the hard core. Not everyone wants to fight a person online. Some people play fighting games for the story line.

Also, fighting game is a genre, so saying that SF is not a fighting game because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it not a fighting game. Some people don’t like the mechanics in KI, does that make KI not a fighting game.

Now to clarify, I would like each character to receive their own stage. BUT
if that doesn’t happen, then I will still be okay with all the other stuff they are doing with S3. I just hope there are not as many guest characters and there are more new cannon characters added to the game.

1 Like

At this point Killer Instinct isn’t just 1 game, its 3 games that have paid for releases over 3 years
 The hard facts, that people see are:

Season 1, new game, 8 characters, 8 stages (great!)
Season 2, new features (shadows, bigger story, totally reworked rank), 8 new characters and 8 new stages (great!)
Season 3 (same price!), assume ahem new features again, 8 new characters 
but only 3 new stages! (bad)

It really doesn’t matter how many stages KI has in total, the fact remains the amount of content your paying for in Season 3 is less than previous seasons. They’ve successfully delivered so much good content with Season 2, its only natural for people to be disappointed they’re getting less this time round.

Key Point 1: If you pay 3 times for packages of content, you expect representative value for money each time, not less. I don’t care about a PC port (I have Xbox one so I don’t have to muck about with PCs any more), I don’t remember anyone asking for new lighting, the guest characters I can understand helping promote the game, but all the things people either expected or asked for (like a stage per character with a new paid for season of content), ultimates, respect taunts
etc, have all been left out. If you’ve got a limited budget surly you should focus it on the things the customers want? (no?) It’s worrying for the future if not.

Totally agree, they’ve done a great job. I’m confident IG are customer focused which is why in all of my cynical posts I never critise them directly. It’s the publisher of any game which is out to make money, and as with any business maximising profit for the least amount of spend (in this case content generation of stages) is the primary goal.

Key Point 2: All this talk of further community funding of content that people expected to be in Season 3 is really pushing the games industry as a hole down a very dark alley way. People are starting to see it from the outside with freemium games, and it concerns me that with further coummunity funding, plus all the additional emphasies on KI Gold (it’s there for a reason folks!) that the games reputation will get damaged. Don’t be deluded in thinking they’re making KI for love. I’m sure any project manager (publisher) would consider leaving out content people want so they pay for it extra later. I’d like to this believe this isn’t the case, but the question needs to be asked so MS are aware
 and people should certainly consider it instead of being so blinded by KI love they defend every decision that’s made, no matter how negative.

@GodtierMacho I love this game as much as anyone and just want the best for us all, and to get the best results for everyone a balance of opinions is needed; thats how politics (is meant to) work. Not every decision that’s made is in your best interests though I can guarantee that.

1 Like

Well, even with less stages, I have enough confidence in whatever else IG plans on adding that it will justify preordering, which I did.

That’s the thing. I have faith in IG doing a good job and compensating for the lack of stages with other things. Doesn’t matter if it’s modes, costumes, colors, whatever. I have faith that IG will deliver a total package.

at this point in time its all we are getting in terms of stages. maybe later on as months pass something will occur and we can have some way of acquiring a couple more. something like a community war chest for us to pool our money into like we did for shadow jago could be on the table later on in the future.

I’m hoping we get a season 3 trailer that gives us a hint at what is coming.

1 Like

I am going to correct this

Season 1 :

• new game
  • 8 characters
  • 8 stages

Season 2 :

• 8 new characters
  • 8 new stages
  • new features :
  • new UI
  • shadows
  • bigger story
  • totally reworked rank

Season 3 :

• 8 new characters
  • 3 stages
  • new features :
  • new and improved lighting that drastically improves graphics
  • new UI with improved character select, load times etc
    -new and improved story mode as hinted previously that will be better than S2s most likely
  • new combo mechanics i.e surge, stagger, flipouts, level 4 enders and combo breaker positioning
  • completely new balance changes and reworks for all existing characters that make them play and seem like completely new characters
  • more colors for retros than before
  • maybe new stuff to purchase with KI gold

Now I may or may not have left things out for each season but it is a no brainer which season has had the most content and work out into it.

To each his own. My original post sounds really bad so I apologize for that dang, I am a jerk but I still stand by my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

2 Likes

What’s new about it is that it’s a different color but it’s still the same UI.

I haven’t seen this. As far as I know, the retros still only have 6 colors.

Lol talk about reviving the dead but I explained if you would have quoted the whole sentence. Character select, load times, animations. Not just different colors at all.

Ultra edition owners will get 7 retro colors by the end of the season for all s3 characters only.

Edit: by 7 I mean a single extra color for each S3 character not 7 extra on top of the already existing 6. Just saying.

If we get only 3 stages, that sucks. I mean at least fkin GARGOS should have his own stage.

While I’m not sure why OP couldn’t have just posted this in the gigantic 3 stages thread, I must admit that after seeing Mira’s full reveal today, it’s a huge shame that she doesn’t have her own stage to go with her look, her moves, her music, etc. It just seems like she should have some sort of cathedral balcony with stained glass in the background or a bridge with a gothic castle behind or something along those lines.

1 Like

I haven’t been on these forums in a while. The UI is the same as it was in season 2, just different color. The character select screen is different though.

Glad to know.

I am sad of the lack of new stages already. Rash could’ve had one. He is a guest though so that is fine. Mira could’ve has an amazing one but no. We don’t.

We both have different definitions of UI when I say UI I also mean character select, starting screen, in game and all of that.

The lack of new stages is making me care less about the new music, which is a shame. Mira’s ultra sounds REALLY good with her music, but I feel like I’m gonna forget to select it, or not feel like it suits most of the stages. She needs a “home” :worried:

Alternate lighting on some stages, and then being selectable as such, with different default music, would be an alternative. Similarly to MKX.

1 Like