3 new characters?! First up: Kilgore!

So instead o lasers he’s got lock on missiles? Can juggle off his dp.

Kilgore is kinda like a joke character. He’s the Dan to Fulgore’s Ryu.
He overheats, his movements are janky, he falls down when trying to teleport. He’s a leaking rustbucket of a robot who tries to be cool with his gatling gun arms. It’s so Dan! XD

Dan was purposely made to do alot less damage and just overall be a bad character though, being underpowered on purpose. I don’t think that’s the case with Kilgore though, however, the rest fits.

Really loving this heat-up gatling gun mechanic. Hopefully it has a practical use unlike Tusk’s.

1 Like

Well tusk is all show and no substance…fits his character.

1 Like

we dont see killgore successfully pull of a teleport alot in the match but the one time he did he was overheated and it failed. il chalk that up to the mechanic. i dont think ki is the type of game that would add in a redundant move that auto fails on purpose for the entire match

Kilgore was mentioned in novella, eagle was mentioned too. So eagle is next, the last spot will be JD

I have a feeling that a lot of his moves are going to look like downgraded or less advanced prototype malfunctioning counterparts.

Oh and those sounds, I love his “voice”. lol

And that’s the fun part. He gets weakened the more he uses his gatling guns, and it results in him malfunctioning. It’s a good idea for a joke character, no doubt about it! I’m just iffy about clone characters, but Kilgore fills a nice role on the roster… I’m not mad about him getting into the game one bit, though he is not a character for me.

At least his role as a clone actually fits the lore and they did a good job of presenting him as a flunky Fulgore prototype. Looks like Kilgore is a clone done right.

1 Like

Well technically fulgore is the clone. Since you know…kilgore came first and fulgore was modeled after him. Not the other way around.

1 Like

So he can add burn outs and his guns overheat? Interesting, interesting…

Wait, is his shadow move unbreakable when he’s overheated??? I thought it was just a bug the first time it happened but then it happens again!

Still a clone character though.
Not saying he is badly implemented in the game, I would just rather see more original and unique content than something like this.

When it comes to clone characters, it’s a matter of who was in the game first. Lore doesn’t matter on this point.

2 Likes

We’re not talking lore here when we say clone character, nerd. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No need for name-calling, but this.

Well it is the truth. So yeah…

1 Like

I can agree with that, original content is better than anything else. The fact that they’re even adding characters, costumes, colors and more content in the game post-season makes it an exiting time to be a KI fan.

1 Like

i kinda expected something lke this for KI. the first gun heavy charecter has a mechanic that limits his gun zoning capabilities if he uses it too much as well as his keep away teleport ability loses functionality.

I don’t think the overheating mechanic is a detriment to his abilities, when he heats up the guns catch fire and when he enters instinct his entire body lights up instantly. Seems more like he’s a focused rushdown thing, the more you use them the more his heat goes up… Unlike Fulgore where your spin speed drops when you use your energy weapons.

Plus how can he hold his drink without hands?

1 Like

the fire guns have less range than his normal guns. thats what i meant

1 Like