3.9 Rough Sets

I volunteer as Eyedol or Gargos(which one is needed) for that Gargos vs Eyedol MU

For the record: It’s a really fun MU for both characters!

I’m probably not on Frank’s level but I’ve played that MU a bit as Eyedol and it is quite interesting. If Frank isn’t up for it then I’d be happy to play it.

Have you ever seen a Omen vs RAAM MU @Dayv0 ? That’s nuts lol

1 Like

I played it as Raam. It’s fun!

Not like Shadow Jago, which is NOT fun as Raam XD

I actually love that matchup lol

I despise that match up -_-

1 Like

We playing it! Lol

Season 3 Rough Sets with UKTyrant (Aganos) (Shadow Jago Edition)

Season 3 Rough Sets with YoungCamThaStar (Jago) (Jago Edition)

1 Like

I’d love to see one of your set breakdowns of the Eyedol matches on the channel. I’m trying to pick him up again after the changes but I can’t beat anyone and I think he’s terrible but I know Bass thinks the character is very good. I know I’m not great but I can get wins with my other characters.

I wrote some stuff about Eyedol in the last few posts over here that might be helpful to you. 3.4 Eyedol

In short, I think Mage close range pressure is underrated, pips are more important than damage for both bodies (overhead or heavy shoulder xx run cancel is massively plus! mage pipped-up stomp strike does half the chip of cinder’s shadow fission and is +5 on block!), and you will have to overcome Eyedol’s low damage (when not in instinct) by playing lots of good neutral. I thought he might have been a top 5 contender even after he was nerfed. I’m not sure if I think that anymore, but I think he’s not a bad character by any stretch.

1 Like

Speaking of changes Infil… What do you think about Sadira’s changes? Do you think they’ve improved her overall?

Season 3 Rough Sets with Pink Diamond (Maya)

Season 3 Rough Sets with Supremkm (Doesn’t Matter) (Get Rekt Edition)

Season 3 Rough Sets with BxA|Jackal (Gargos) (Part III)

Season 3 Rough Sets with StreudelDude (Aganos/Rash/Kim Wu) (Mira Edition)

6 Likes

Season 3 Rough Sets with Wellmore (Jago/Glacius) (Cinder Edition)

2 Likes

Season 3 Rough Sets with UA|KALYPSO (Sadira) (Shadow Jago Edition)

Season 3 Rough Sets with BH|Thompxson (Jago) (Part III)

1 Like

Season 3 Rough Sets with BinaryZodiac (Hisako) (Shadow Jago Edition)

Season 3 with Johny Fury (TJ Combo) (Jago Edition)

1 Like

Hey @UABass ! I left a comment on your KALYPSO set but I wanted to post here too just in case (sorry if this has been addressed in later videos, I’m trying to catch up). With Shadow Shago on his Counter Breaker combos, you can maximize damage by using Shadow Slide instead of Shadow Uppercut! You can use the sequence:

Heavy AD xx Medium AD xx Heavy AD xx Medium AD xx Shadow Slide xx Uppercut Ender

It optimizes it by an extra 2% and allows you to be extremely risky and go for another Counter Breaker if you want since the last two hits of Shadow Slide extend past the breaker window!

2 Likes

Good to know, but most likely would rather lose the 2% and save the meter instead

1 Like

I think he is suggesting to use shadow slide instead shadow uppercut, finishing the combo with a regular uppercut ender. So technically, both combos goes for one shadow bar, but his suggestion deals +2% damage.

I may be misreading :S

@UABass Oh no all I’m saying is instead of ending a CB combo with Shadow Uppercut, do a Shadow Slide instead if you’re going to use a bar of meter! You maximize damage that way!

@Dayv0 You’re correct! Shago already doesn’t do the best damage in the world so if there’s any way he can maximize damage output then it’d be great to do!

2 Likes

Season 3 Rough Sets with KagekaAkumu (Fulgore) (Mira Edition)

Season 3 Rough Sets with BM|Disturbed (Sabrewulf) (Part II)

Season 3 Rough Sets with BM|Disturbed (Jago) (Jago Edition)

2 Likes