3.7 possible tier list?

I’d call RAAM vs. Kan-Ra 7-3 in my personal experience

Nah, Raam can clear scarabs without leaving himself too open and can safety meaty/catch sandsplosions like a champ. Plus once Raam catches him without sand out it’s pretty much a single player game until Kan ra gets instinct.

You figured all this out after just playing for 2 weeks? It looks more like you just repeated things you heard off YouTube. That is fine if that is what you did. I just find it real hard to believe that you could find the strengths and weaknesses of 25+ characters in 2 weeks. If you remove Thunder and Glacius from the top, then it just looks like the characters people used that won.

Mira is close to top tier in my eyes. She was considered to be so good that her wall spat heal ender got nerfed. Glacius damage buff didn’t change anything really. Characters that have a hard time with him will have a harder time, but characters that could get in easy will still be able to get in. Arbiter is far from the bottom. He has openers that can start from half screen. He is also quite fast considering he is one of the bigger characters. His gun alone can take a full bar of health, and is real hard to react to. Arbiter can also keep a grenade on you almost the whole time. If they want to. Jago should also be closer to the top. His wind kick can still be used alot and is far from broken because of the patch. The last thing is that there are to many characters in the “B” level. Eyedol, Riptor, Kilgore, Orchid, amd many others do not belong in the same tier.

Bad yes. But still not 7-3. Once Raam catches kan ra he’s done. Aria can not only outzone Raam but outfootsie him And has access to two reversals due to blade and boost bodies.

Not at all. Shadow jago hits like a little baby so it’s just annoying more than being really bad

As a note, @Xecutionner2k is more than free and welcome to discuss tiers with us - the whole purpose of the forum is to have a conversation. I’d much prefer every new player dive deep enough to have a real discussion on character toolsets and how they interact than have them get sucked into the myriad nonsense topics that always seem to float around here.

Doesn’t mean I agree with what he says, but he certainly has the right to say it. At least we’re talking about actual game mechanics.

3 Likes

Im not an expert, i dont know anything on frames and hitboxes (actually if you could recommend some post to begin with it would be great), but when i play in ki i see a lot of shagos, rash and hisakos. I would think that those are top tiers, am im wrong?

Because those characters are what I’d coin as “scrub killers,” characters who can easily abuse bad habits of online players.

Not really. They’re just easy to pick up in shago and rash’s case and hisako is just a really popular character. I’ve had ppl in my local scene try the game just because of her. Rash and hisako are high tier but for different reasons. Shago is actually a bit on the lower mid side probably. There’s also examples of high tiers who don’t get used often I.e. omen or tusk.

Thompson is a pretty good friend of mine. He still thinks jago is very strong and isn’t dropping him. Jago may not be top 3 anymore. But he’s still a force.

All I gotta say is BUFF Sadira. :slight_smile:

She could use it. But buffing her to the point where it makes a difference is tricky. One change to Sadira could leave to her being too good or top bad.

I don’t feel like buffing Sadira, she can go to hell for all I care.

But if I had to, I’d just say buff her walk speed so people are encouraged to play more grounded. shrug

Again there will always be someone who can make a character “good”. That being said, there are still tier lists. Thing is, there are different tiers per levels of play. At low level play, everyone knows Shago and Rash can mess stuff up and are considered high tier. At high level play, Shago and Rash aren’t always considered the best but there are people who will complain from either side of the argument that Shago is "good with untapped potential, or on the opposing side that Shago is “Weak and needs buffs to compete with others or blah blah”.
So long story short, there are tiers, but they very depending on the level of play.
IMO There are only a few characters that are “Tier 1” while the majority of characters are “Tier 2” and very few characters are “low tier”.

Well most top players actually consider rash to be very strong. Many have him.at top 5. I personally would have him in top 8

It will freeze in hell before that. :wink:

Buff her walk speed? Honestly… she already has a great walk speed. What she needs is a damage buff.

What makes Rash so good? I always see people putting him at top 5 but I haven’t seen much evidence.

Neutral is very strong. Among the best in the game. Has very few bad fights if any at all. Great buttons powerful mix up has the strongest wallsplat ender in game. He’s a rush down character who controls the air as well as he controls the ground. His juggles do good damage and can be ambiguous to break which becomes even more amplified while in instinct.

1 Like

He’s good in that he doesn’t really struggle against anything or anyone. Getting zoned out? Rash can deal with it. Getting rushed down? Rash can deal with it. Getting annoyed by aerial characters? Rash can deal with it. Trap characters? Rash can deal with it. Grapplers? Rash can deal with it. Mix up characters? Rash can deal with it.

2 Likes