3.7 Patch Notes

The Jago changes are garbage.

Yes, he no longer is so powerful in instinct, but he is now effectively useless as a zoner (again).

Against Gargos, Shadow Jago, and other zoners, (especially if they are bad) a well-placed fireball or shadow fireball could do enough damage to even- out the damage that has just been done to you from un- avoidable shenanigans. It was a great reward for out- zoning your opponent, despite being the weaker zoner. Now placing 1, 2, or 3 good fireballs doesn’t get you anything unless you successfully open your opponent after closing the gap.

(The windkick changes are perfectly cool, though.)

20% less damage kills him as a zoner? That’s not much man.

8 Likes

Jago got hit a little too hard. I get the reasoning behind them and I’ve been frustrated from that annoying mid range where he just shoots a fireball and then you have to eat a high low mix up that he can cancel into a safe opener, but yikes.

That Raam change is amazing though! Aside from baiting shadow counters I never use that move but now it’s time to experiment with some tech!

2 Likes

Wut! No changes for Cinder, Omen or Aganos?

2 Likes

Maybe try playing a character outside the top tier? Was bound to happen, only yourself to blame.

BibleThump Kappa

1 Like

Perhaps in some future patch, Aganos nneeds to be nerfed.

1 Like

I was seeing some crazy streak scores like 10 - 0 by not one but several Aganos players in the Ranked leaderboards

Lol just remove Jago, everyone already hates him. KI is dead, Jago is dead, the community is dead.

Kappa

All joking aside, this sucks, but a really good Jago had so many options and tons of opportunity to force anyone to think twice about their approach. I will admit that he had it incredibly easy compared to many other characters. Though, I don’t think he will be top 5 anymore. I think the devs are a bit too optimistic in that statement, not to say he will be bad by any means. Just to say that he will certainly struggle in the matches people gave him too much credit in. Maybe… maybe, could just be all the salt talking, lol. We shall see, always sucks to see someone gets dropped kicked this hard. Similar to Sadira eh? Interesting.

I get it, I really do. But, again it’s those sort of things that is usually influenced by top-tier Jago’s that we are so accustomed to seeing by now. Us scrub Jago’s already have it hard enough and these type of changes further widen the gap between being genuinely awful or amazing godlike.

I don’t think these changes are as much warranted as some people may think. I think that Jago is frustrating because he can cancel something unsafe into a brutal DP or a DP > Shadow Endokuken. Seeing that being reduced would make it reasonable because it truly makes a Jago player think about how to approach a situation.

All I can see now is a poor Jago chasing Glacius, Gargos, and Kan-Ra the entire match now that he cannot have a safe option for a wind kick. Also, I wonder if trading with their projectiles is even worth it now that it his 20% less hard. I mean, who knows until it is actually happening. Just seems like an influenced update based on what amazing Jago’s do, opposed to what most Jago’s can actually do in a match.

Eh, who knows man. Time will tell. I’m just speculating here.

2 Likes

I don’t know if that buff on Dagger Assault will work or make people use more often.

1 Like

Jago and Gargos nerfed! Feels like chirstmas for a Sadira main! Thank you Santa Keits!

Agreed.

Like I know I’ll adjust sooner or later but the fact of the matter is that this is a bitter pill to swallow for Jago players.

2 Likes

I am stupid I know, so can someone help me understand the following Kan-Ra bug fix?

-Fixed a bug where you could juggle after Clutch into medium Spike without a Swarm around by increasing the air pushback of standing and crouching kicks.

I read it 20 times and it still doesn’t make any sense to me

If you don’t understand it, it probably won’t affect you :wink:

I don’t get it either tbh

3 Likes

That’s the scary thing. It might actually affect me.

Wait…I think it means you can’t juggle after command grab with medium spike anymore.

Hmm.

No Sadira buffs… :confused:

Oh well… here’s to hoping… then again a nerf to another character is a buff to those who weren’t changed.

That’s what I read out of it, too but the next change says:

-Fixed a bug where you could not combo backwards Clutch into Sand Spike against some characters.

huh?

@developers @TheKeits @rukizzel
Can someone please explain that.

I think this means:

Kan-Ra can still combo his command grab into the sand spike, but he cannot juggle after because now his kicks push air borne enemies farther away

On 3.6 you can do command grab into medium sand spike, which pushes the enemy towards you, then light kick and recapture with the spinning move thing. I wonder if that is what they want to stop.

1 Like

When I read that jago windkick nerf

3 Likes