3.6 Patch Notes

Just try to remember that all the folks making and playing are human and can make mistakes and miss stuff. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah, my b. Just a bit cranky from being up all night. @_@

All this number mumbo jumbo means nothing to me, but thanks for the open communication for trying to make the game even better!

1 Like

Nah… you guys aren’t human… you are super human! :smiley:

It takes special people to make the games we love… special or crazy. :smiley:

3 Likes

Related:

This awesome page - https://www.ultra-combo.com/characters/ - is still missing the last 4 characters of Season 3. Though, it looks like it’s been updated in the past couple of days, so maybe you’re already aware.

1 Like

I don’t know who should I believe!

3 Likes

Hello, fellas!

Long time listener. First time replyer. Sort of. (Is replyer even a word? Oh well. It is now)

Anyway. Question about the new characters. For those who have purchased the Ultra Edition for each season, or better yet… how do we go about getting these new characters when they are released?

Will it be a bundle package? Will each character be available individually? Can they be unlocked through game play?

Another thing. I wish that you can still earn game play XP. I maxed out at 50 when it was first introduced and since then, earning XP through play stopped adding. Not like there’s an achievement for earning a certain number of XP, but it’d be nice to see how much I’ve accumulated in the last 3 years. I can see how many hours and games I’ve played. Wins, losses, character usage, and etc, but nothing for XP.

Is the XP not adding when game level is maxed out a bug?

• Rotendo

Just remembered.

Frame data information. Will this be updated? I understand that some of this information are still incorrect in the character’s command list for certain characters. (I have yet to check on this for 3.6) Does these get updated at all with new game patches?

2 Likes

I can’t give you the specific path right now but under Leaderboards or Stats (where you get a prompt to press Y to view detailed stats/basic stats) there’s a section where you can view the total XP you’ve earned. If you’re not able to find it let me know and I can look tonight.

Really? I can see what I have under the profile bar (hit X button) but it’s been maxed out for years. lol If it’s under that section that you speak of, that’d be coo. I’m at work atm, so can’t check until later this evening.

I can tell you for certain that it’s there; I can’t be sure whether it’s stopped at the total it takes to reach 50, or it has continued past.

I’ll try to remember to find it tonight and get you the exact path, but let me know if you find it yourself too.

Please fix the AI, Currently won’t do any shadow counters or punish really obvious things like DP’s even on Kyle difficulty. Used to be pretty tough, no idea why someone made AI weaker.

3 Likes

Or you’ve gotten better champ but seriously the AI might’ve been tweaked due to it reading your every move the second your skin touched the controller and made it extremely tough to even get a hit on them.

2 Likes

I have been forced to play on godlike SL and also feel like I am walking through it way to easily, I’m Gold rank at best, should probably have more trouble with the AI, eventhough I would love to think I have gotten better :wink:

1 Like

Oh my God, I made a post of this; good to know others are noticing.

That’s what we loved about Kyle though! It was designed to be a monstrous undertaking that left you feeling crushed as the game does everything in its power to break you. The ultimate challenge: it breaks all, it blocks all, it punishes all.
Now it can’t even fight itself! Every shadow counter opportunity left void, every DP unpunished, it’s even dropping combos!

4 Likes

Guess humans couldn’t stand getting bodied by a machine anymore. :laughing:

4 Likes

I said in my post, the AI goes like this in CPU vs CPU now; one constantly blocks, one constantly attacks and wastes your time.

1 Like

My guess is that they messed up AI somehow when they introduced shadow lords mode. I really enjoy watching intense CPU vs CPU fights, but right now they are extremely lame and not enjoyable.

Can any dev comment on this? Is this thing even on your radar? Is it a bug or intentional?

1 Like

He really doesn’t seem to be a fulgore clone beyond the superficial, aesthetic level.

Which is my main point, new combat-style but recycled models and animations.