3.5 Patch Notes - Combat Balance

Check out the full details here: https://www.ultra-combo.com/3-5-patch-notes-combat-balance

8 Likes

Diggin’ the bug fixes here. Thanks for putting this up!

1 Like

Good stuff, especially Spinal. :slight_smile:

@rukizzel Any word on a fix for the controller support that was broken the last update?

1 Like

Spinal will be the best character in the game once again, and wulf is finally a threat.

1 Like

3.5 aka the Spinal patch featuring saberwulf

11 Likes

Oh, the dragon sweep not being cancelable was unintentional? Huh.

So basically, you guys buffed Spinal and Wulf, buff Dagger Assualt again, and added counter hit windows to all characters. Hmm.

Besides the Dragon Sweep cancel, nothing new for me balance wise this patch. Oh well.

1 Like

I’m probably asking a terribly obvious question but what exactly are “counterhit windows”? Are we talking about situations where characters were invulnerable previously (say specific frames of a special) which were intended to be vulnerable, or simply frames in which the COUNTER HIT popup is displayed when hitting that character?

2 Likes

SPINAL! RISE! LICH! KING!

We got a new move boys and girls!

TIME TO GET SPOOKY!!!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/709/R02UFuc.gif

15 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself

9 Likes

Nice buffs for Spinal and Wulf!

4 Likes

I don’t get it about this. Can someone explain me what does this mean?

ARBITER:

Added missing counterhit windows on the following moves: Light/Medium/Shadow Mercy’s Demise (QCF+LP/MP/ PP), Light Truth Seeker (QCB+LP), Prophet’s Bane (QCB+K), Shadow Prophet’s Bane (QCB+KK), Interrogator (F+HK), Particular Justice (DF+HK), Fire Weapon (D+HK, J+HK), Throw Grenade (PPP)

1 Like

wulf buffs pretty cool. lots of people was saying he needs a bit more damage. and spinal buffs yay!!

i also wonder how much this dagger assault buff will change maya on paper it doesnt seem like much but i hope it makes the move better

2 Likes

Sp…sp…Spinal changes!!! A new move in his arsenal?

I so happy

10 Likes

OMG!!! who ever thought spinal needs buffs??? really??? spinal never needed that unless your goal is for him to be best character in the game. i am literally shocked! it just goes to show if people complain long enough they will get what they want in the ki community… smdh. which other character at evo was represented twice in top 16?? 2nd & 9th smh. this buff was completely uncalled for . so spinal brain dead vortex/ pressure got even worse now?? its really unfortunate

1 Like

i might not be the most knowledgeable but dont counterhit get more damage? i think these changes to the cast adds frames where being hit causes a counter hit where before it just caused a regular hit

2 Likes

Back to the batcave tomorrow for dragon sweep research…

It basically sounds like it starts hitting you about a second faster than before. So instead of having enough time to do your taxes before it started harassing you, it’s a bit quicker.

So all in all, aside from the changes made to Sabrewulf, Omen (seems to hurt) and Spinal, this is a bug fixing patch. Fine by me. It seems to say they’re content with where combat is at currently. And frankly, i wasn’t hoping for big shake-up stuff.

1 Like

Wulf Buffs

BLESS THIS PATCH

5 Likes

A Counter-Hit is when you hit your opponent out of the startup of one of their moves. You’ll see a different hitspark, see the Counter-Hit text pop up on the screen, and deal more damage and hitstun.

Many moves were missing a Counter-Hit Window, meaning that you could still hit the opponent out of those moves, but the Counter-Hit effects (extra damage and stun) would not trigger.

12 Likes

I’m assuming that you guys are still waiting on more feedback/discussion for the pd change?

1 Like

smdh… so spinal basically always has skulls now. what a joke!! it was such a bad idea to buff spinal. so unnecessary. spinal was already upper mid tier . since when was spinals archetype of character supposed to be the best. i am predicting it right now , very very soon people will start complaining

3 Likes