12/9 Textual Stream - The One that Wraps the Community Survey

Ok real talk:

WTF IS A LOVECRAFT MONSTER?

AND HOW DID IT BEAT THE WENDIGO/DJIIN?

4 Likes

its a genre of horror created by h.p lovecraft. its main icon is chythullu. the giant squid face guy. but its main characteristic is eldritch beings beyond human understanding from beyond the void of space, beyond this plane of existence that want to devour/corrupt this plane pretty much.

So gargos with tentacles.

A thought comes to mind. What if we had a character modeled after an Egyptian god. We already have Kan Ra, and there are plenty of deities to pick from that would look good. RA, nefties, sorbec, Anubis, osiris, mofdet, etc. Plus the Egyptian gods are able to take animal form so there’s your instinct form.

@xSkeletalx
@HailFireSpawn

Oh…[quote=“REYNOSOFUA11, post:366, topic:16738, full:true”]
So gargos without tentacles.
[/quote]

…Ok.

2 Likes

I just corrected it lol but yeah that definition made it sound like it was tentacled face gargos.

Divinity from Tao Feng

Well, you know what they say…
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

3 Likes

It’s funny how mythical creatures from other planes of existence have all of these fascinating abilities and yet such a limited understanding of vowels. :wink:

Vowels? Where we’re going we won’t need vowels!

1 Like

Anubis?

I think @OlafBludhaven had/made a fan character like that. It was designed after Anubis If I recall?

…aww, now I gotta reply in meme:

1 Like

Yeah this guy

2 Likes

anubis is straight up my fav. egyption God and a similar charecter based from that would be wicked. especially with strange and fascinating powers rangeing from a divine fire, to even controling the dead. etc. etc

1 Like

Now that is a straight-up War God. :wink:

1 Like

As cool as Anubis is, it doesn’t really leave Rom to, well, do more. It’s very specific…

I know right? And Egyptian mythology is quite literally an untapped well of potential, no one ever does anything with it. Which I really have to give credit to the movie Gods of Egypt. I think they were the first to embrace the mythos of Egypt where before you would only see glimpses of it in movies like prince of Egypt and ten commandments

I thought it was great to, did it have problems? yeah it did, but i’m glade i’ve seem it.

but if we do get an egyptian character, why not Horus?

1 Like