Your thoughts on the new characters

I think this may be best for those who are familiar with Classic KI 1 and 2. Now that this KI has currently 8 brand new characters in the last 20 years, with the exception of guests Rash, Arbiter, and General RAAM, what was your initial reaction to those new characters introduce in this KI? And has your opinion changed over time?

Each of the newcomers have 4 choices: Excited, Skeptical*, Meh*, and He/She’s gonna suck.

*just for clarification, ‘Skeptical’ is mostly an unsure response, and Meh is more apathetic to the character.

Sadira:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • She’s gonna suck

0 voters

Shadow Jago:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • He’s gonna suck

0 voters

Kan-Ra:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • He’s gonna suck

0 voters

Omen:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • He’s gonna suck

0 voters

Aganos:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • He’s gonna suck

0 voters

Hisako:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • She’s gonna suck

0 voters

ARIA:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • She’s gonna suck

0 voters

Mira:

• Excited
  • Skeptical
  • Meh
  • She’s gonna suck

0 voters

Have fun!

That’s not exactly a balanced poll, you’ve got one positive option and three negative ones.

3 Likes

You sure? I don’t mean it to imply ‘Skeptical’ as a negative option, more like implying some positive skepticism that you want to like the character, but want to withhold judgement later on.

1 Like

It only looks like three negative options
its supposed to be a sliding scale like good, ok, lame, and suck out loud.

1 Like

Not that it matters too much to me. I think all the newcomers just happen to be really well done and fun to play :stuck_out_tongue:

I just treated it as a four point scale from awesome to lame.

1 Like

Its pretty much what GeneralScrebor and BigBadAndy said.
I didn’t want this to be a two-sided issue, mostly out of belief that it wouldn’t be fair to those who wanted to remain neutral. Whatever if it was like there were certain things that didn’t impress them like the design or the gameplay style of a certain new character, but wanted to give anyone of them a chance by first hand. Skepticism should not be seen as a negative thing. Or perhaps some weren’t interested in any newcomer and wanted to ignore them.

I’m surprised not more people have selected “She’s gonna suck” for Mira :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, my first impression was:
Excited: Kan-Ra, Aganos, Hisako, Shago & Mira
Sceptical: Sadira & Aria
Meh: Omen

Since my first impressions, I have hardly touched Shago, but I want to ‘git gud’ with him sometime soon, found Sadira to grow on me, like Aria but find her a bit too complicated to really play her and Omen still doesnt do anything for me…

Aganos, Hisako and Mira (+Fulgore) are my ‘mains’ for as far as you can say I have any…and Kan-Ra is a character I really love, but falls in the same catagory as Aria when it comes to play style…

So basically I play mostly new characters, with the exception of Fulgore and I might really get going with Eyedol, but awaiting further nerf, but I really like his style.

So as far as I’m concerned we need more new characters, bring on season 4!!

Full disclosure, I had the game since season one, but it didnt start clicking for me till the Kan-Ra, Aganos & Hisako reveals, those really were the eye opening moments for me :sunglasses:

So I cant wait for a potential Djinn, Wendigo, lovecraft reveal, etc…

1 Like

I always knew Aganos would be my main from the moment I first saw him. I love the big guy and think he’s one of the most unique and fun characters in fighting game history.

1 Like

Heh, it wouldn’t surprise me that if one of them was M00NLightBrat, if he weren’t banned. That guy would’ve ■■■■■ about how she took away the spot from the original deleted vampire in Classic KI 2, and probably make the situation become worse. But lets not get there and drop about mentioning him.