Your take on SL MP?

I haven’t played the multiplayer version, what’s it like? Is it pvp with buffs or are you all working together? e.g. 3 players and 1 as each character.

I would have to agree with what most of you say. The biggest issue I found was when I bought my first “rare Pack” in the Emporioum, I got a perfect Snake. I forgot what its called, I just threw that ■■■■■ on and wrecked house. Buffs were way to crazy to compete with.
Combined that with the moldy fingernail.
I mean damm, how to win without abusing the crazy OP consumables:

1. Choose high damage character.
  2. Choose the Snake Guardian.
  3. Make combos unbreakable by useing the Moldy Fingernail.
  4. Kill in one combo.
  5. Post your ideas to the forums
  6. Laugh
  7. Return to step One

EDIT
The moldy finger is actually the best consumable in the game, well, right next to Hammer Of Salt.
They are both commons and super easy to craft or find.

What I really feel like this mode needs is the buffs and nerfs that mimics get, like fury, concentration, armored, bastion, and other things like that. I realize this is essentially asking for a “test your luck” esq mode, but I don’t think anyone would have a problem with that.

Haven’t tried it yet.

If it actually consumes your SL items and doesn’t reward you, I’ll pass.

I like it, but it needs some serious adjustments.

I would really like if MP had its own loot system/guardians and consumables. It’s fun to use that stuff in MP, but again, using the stuff you earned in Shadow Lords without getting rewarded for it is an absolute waste.

That said, I love how busted this mode is. I brought a common consumable for 15 seconds unlimited shadow moves, got a DP into instinct with Jago, and literally just juggled this guy with Shadow Fireball for 15 seconds.

I also get enjoyment from going into these matches with no buffs and seeing how well I do.

Let us earn loot!

I’ve been curious about this myself. How well can you do by going in with nada?

Well, considering it is virtually trivial to draw up situations that lead to 100% life lost off fully safe confirms, I’d say people without equips stand no chance against competent opponents that have a strategy in place.

Pretty much what Infilament said. You have no chance more often than not. But I have won a few against mid-level players who have decent buffs. If anything, it allows a good challenge against a player you would’ve otherwise destroyed.

I find using my mains in Ranked is often unsatisfying, so SLMP has brought newfound enjoyment in my most proficient characters.