XBOX 360 Controller not working with KI anymore since update

I had the same problem with two different controllers. Thought I was losing my mind because both worked a month ago. Anyone have a work around?

I wonder if mine still works because I never did the Anniversary Update for win10. Anyone know if the hori rap V still works w/ KI+Anniversary?

To anyone else, if you’re dying to play idk if you can roll back from Anniversary, assuming that’s the issue

I noticed after the Anniversary update my roommate’s PDP Injustice stick has stopped working all together for KI. he’s really bummed about this since he wants to learn KI as well.

My old ■■■ wireless Tekken 6 Hori stick still works like a charm, as well as my SFxT Madcatz cross fightstick. And I have the anniversary update so i dont think the problem lies with the update.

Was having this issue as well, official wireless 360 controllers paired with off brand receiver working before but not now. Mayflash stick working fine so I checked device mgr and saw that my receiver was using one of the 2009 drivers, switched it to the 2016 driver and all is well now. Not sure if wired has multiple dated drivers, but it’s worth checking which version it’s using while it’s plugged in.

Possible solution for some people I hope,
I use a PS3 Sixaxis via usb with Motionjoy to play many games. (Xbox Emulated)
K.I. worked fine and I took a break for a few months and when I came back
I guess they had the breaking update so no more controller support for many of us.
So after much frustration and time pouring over forums I found a solution that works for me.
I have an ASUS BCM920702 Bluetooth 4.0 dongle and it will not pair automatically with the Sixaxis so i had to follow the steps found here,

Just follow the instructions to install Scarlet Crush drivers in the description for wired and then set up your BT dongel (may take a few tries) and you should end up with a paired Sixaxis and a Killer Instinct working with your controller!.

This may work for X360 controller idk as I do not own one but maybe this will help some people.
Now I do know that Sixaxis is picky about a BT dongle it will connect to so if you plan on buying one to do this just be sure to get one that supports PS3 controllers.

Now if they would only give us loyal PC players K.I. Classic (like the console has) to make up for taking a dump on paying customers.

Fight On!!

I have the same problem I had not played like a month ago and when i log in again the xbox 360 wireless controllers stopped working, they work fine in mkx, street fighter and a bunch of steam games, also i couldn fiend newer drivers for windows 10 besides the 2009 ones.

[quote=“BKDcoffeedad, post:1, topic:14982, full:true”]
Hello everyone,
Not sure where to post this. I have an xbox 360 controller that I used to play KI on my PC. I haven’t played on PC in about a month. I plugged my controller in today and booted up KI and it no longer works.

The same controller works on Steam games and registers in my devices. So, it is in fact working.

Yeah, when they updated the game to finally use the XB1 fightsticks something went wrong and stopped all (I think) non XB1 controllers from working with the game. I believe they’re supposed to fix the issue in the next update, which is supposed to come out sometime this month.

My work around has been to not play the game.

Has the Madcatz 360 SFIV Fightpad issue been fixed yet?

just tested the game with my PS4 TE2+ with the xinput-driver. nope, still not working.

1 Like

Just tested the game with my Xbox 360 controller (nothing else installed, everything original) and is working fine. I thought the TE2+ was using the same hardware of the controller.

failed to note that I’m using the PS4 one. which should still work though thanks to the driver where one can switch between XInput and and HID. every other game that expects an XBox controller works just fine with this.

3 official updates and my controller is not working yet… It’s been months, I’d love to play this game again…(No I won’t play it with a Keyboard, it’s worse than not playing at all.)

@rukizzel

Yeah my 360 wired mad katz street fighter iv controller hasn’t worked since the previous update (the first Shadow Lords update). It worked fine before then, but not since then. The weird thing is that my controller was working fine with the Beta Shadow Lords, but stopped working when the full SL update came out.

The controller works fine with all other games, it’s just KI that doesn’t work. The game seems to not be recognizing the controller at all, despite it being plugged in and working with other games.

I really hope there is a fix for this issue soon. I really like using my mad katz controller.

1 Like

My original 360 pad works fine on KI it’s just my Madcatz SFIV Pad that doesn’t work. :frowning:

1 Like

well who knows when it will be fixed. I had enough of this and downloaded XOutput which is a xinput wrapper for direct input devices. I’m using a PS4 TE2+, set the stick to PS4-mode, switched the driver to HID and configured XOutput like this:

now my TE works just fine. make sure though to disable the right stick in the KI controller settings. you can probably also use it for XB360 or XBO controllers which refuse to work. check out your game controller in the control panel to see which button is referenced by what number.

my Xbox 360 versus controller https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Versus-Controller/dp/B0051MQJWU (this kind) hasn’t worked since the shadow lords update. I haven’t played the game in a while but I wanted to get back into it only to find it sitll hasn’t been fixed.

controller seems to work with everything else

My Madcatz Street Fighter IV pad is working again… I am on the Windows 10 Insider fast ring build that was released yesterday.

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear!