Would you be willing to pay for sets of Shago accessories?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

As we all know, Shadow Jago has kind of been a cult hero since the game launched. Despite just being a skin he’s had a following, one that was devoted enough to get the devs to promise a new moveset back in season one and stick with the idea for two years despite plenty of opposition and see it though. A fanbase that was rabid enough to donate a hundred grand in two days, we all know the majority of the support was for Shago, not tournament funding. He’s turned into a huge deal, he’s even got a limited edition figure that is spearheading the new line of toys.

Shadow Jago finally came out, he got a few colors that leave a lot to be desired and zero accessory sets. I just wanted to know if our man Shadow Jago has enough love to warrant them selling some accessory kits. I’d buy every last piece of gear they could make and I’m still hoping they give him some proper “free” sets like the rest of the cast, hell even Omen has two sets…

1 Like

Since the money would go to support the game in some way I’d most definitely purchase accessories. I’m too OCD to not complete the set of in game content. Whether or not I’d actually wear it would depend upon the accessories.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay for a set of accessories for Shago.

I don’t mean to sound all greedy, but we already bought a community bundle for him. They won’t even bother to give Omen more accessories.

I want content. Not Aesthetics.

5 Likes

Omen was a stopgap filler character that was half-assed and release mid season to give them more time to work on the real characters, while Shadow Jago is a fully featured character now. I’m just saying, I’d rather buy accessory sets for him than never see them added at all. Omen at least got two alternate sets of accessories and he was just filler.

1 Like

Whether it was their intention or not, Omen has a fanbase now.

Shago was a reskin of Jago. Shago can just barrow the accessories that Jago has. We already paid $20 for him. You want to pay $20 more just for his accessories when each character is usually $5?

1 Like

I payed $60 for the day one LIVE card to get him two years ago, I bought the $20 community bundle TWICE just to support the creation of his new moveset and I bought the limited edition Shadow Jago figure for about $50 after shipping just to get his color 10.

So yeah, I’d pay more money to see him get some actual accessory sets. Money is not the point, content and the enjoyment of the game is. I have purchased the ultra editions for both seasons and I intend to by the ultra pack for season 3 as well, just to get all of the content they produce. At $40 a season with three seasons down, that’s over $120 for one fighting game. The cost of one fighter is irrelevant, I’ve loved the character since day one and I am willing to pay to see him get some accessories.

1 Like

To contrast your statement, I didn’t buy an Xbox until much later than day one, but I bought it exclusively to be able to play KI. I don’t care about cosmetic DLC, however, never have. I’ve bought both seasons as combo breaker packs and intend to do the same for season 3. I have also bought the community pack (to get Shago, because characters do matter to me) and would love to continue to support the community and development this way, but I would really like to get something out of it that has meaning to me. I have also bought the Shago figure, but just for the figure itself, I will be selling the skin code to someone who care. Yes, selling. Despite what you seem to be saying, money is an issue to some people. Even if it’s not true all the time, life circumstances change on a whim. Right now, I have virtually no expendable income, because my wife is injured and out of work and all the upkeep is mine alone to pay now. I will do my best to support the games I love, but there is a reality check involved.

1 Like

No. Like somebody above said there was already a community fund to make him a separate character, plus I couldn’t even just buy the character buy himself, I had to buy some bundle that came with 1500 KI Gold that ill probably never use for like 10 dollars lol I don’t think I want to spend any more money for things related to a single character.

Yea I’ll support the game, but I just don’t want to spend more a just one aspect of it.

My vote for “Yes” does not mean I think that’s fair. I would be kinda aggravated to pay for accessories when we were told Shadow Jago would get the “treatment.” I feel like accessories are part of the standard expectations and Shadow Jago is still incomplete. He rocks, but he’s not up to par with the bells and whistles.

1 Like

[quote=“Blade4693, post:8, topic:3655, full:true”]
No. Like somebody above said there was already a community fund to make him a separate character, plus I couldn’t even just buy the character buy himself, I had to buy some bundle that came with 1500 KI Gold that ill probably never use for like 10 dollars lol I don’t think I want to spend any more money for things related to a single character.
[/quote]All of the fully featured characters have premium payed accessory sets, this would be no different. “Extra” content that costs cash.

1 Like

I wasn’t implying that everyone feels the same as I do, or that everyone would spend the kind of money I have. I was just speaking in reply to @DurtyDee810 saying “Do you want to pay more” and I simply backed up my position. Yeah I do want to spend more because if I don’t, I won’t be getting any accessories for my second most favorite character in this game.

1 Like

Arent they all unlockable by regular play though?

Shadow Jago has no accessories period, no unlockables or premium ones. Granted most characters do have “free” accessories and it’d be nice if Shago did too but honestly if the options are “Pay for accessories” or “You get no accessories” I would gladly pay.

2 Likes

Definitely. If I was planning on maining him I would much rather have the option to buy them than to get none at all. Though I personally don’t think I would buy any of them at the time unless I really liked them or something

2 Likes

If the option is to pay for accessories or not get them at all then that would be pretty ■■■■■■■ stupid imo it’s not like people payed more for him than any other character in the game yet everyone else gets more for less. If it’s the accessory that all other characters need to pay for then yes other then that nope.

I’d be willing to pay for a fix for his sword clipping through his body on his classic.

I was hoping Season 3 would include accessories for Shago to make him 100% like the rest of the cast. I am not sure I would fork even more over for Shago after I have done so already.

2 Likes

No. I am not willing to pay for any accessories.

I am, I’d rather have to pay for them than never have any.

2 Likes