Windows 10 Version Sales?

I had the same thing happen on my work laptop that was working fine and it was definitely around the updates between windows and some service outages on Xbox/live. It would as you say start to launch and then immediately shut the window.

Try updating everything & check below before any reinstall attempt.

Where are you trying to launch it from also?
Xbox companion, the win10 store?

Make sure you’re signed into the store and try launching from the companion app with the same account (that bought it).

And if you bought a definitive there’s two different tiles to click: there’s a killer instinct one which has all the game content and then there’s the definitive edition app which is the documentaries etc.

If all that failed still there should be a repair option and worst case scenario you could try reinstalling but I don’t advise that if you’re on a limited data plan.

I am out today with my family so I can’t really do any proper troubleshooting but I’ll follow thread and check back at work tomorrow!

2 Likes

I tried to launch Killer Instinct from the Microsoft Store (Windows 10)

Everything on my PC is up to date

I also realized something,

When I started the installation of Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition for Windows 10, there were 3 Files:
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition

and

Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Hub

During the installation, after Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Hub was installed, it went down to 2 Files:
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition

Before Killer Instinct had been installed, the file Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition, was gone completely, like it had been vanished. So that means, only Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Hub, were the 2 Files that had been installed.

This was all done from Microsoft Store

Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition actually only has two things: Killer Instinct, which is the same game as the free-to-play download version, save that everything is unlocked, and Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Hub, which is basically a menu for viewing artwork, documentaries and other bonuses from the “Definitive Edition.” Think of it like a second, supplementary disc from two-disc retail collections of games and movies.

To confirm as well, you do not have the Xbox (Beta) App installed, correct?

Have you tried performing the Reset as I suggested above?

1 Like

Yes I did all of that and yes I have Xbox (Beta) App installed

Okay, shame that it’s not working. As far as I know, there’s three ways to launch the game:

• Via the Start Menu
  • Via the Xbox (Beta) App
  • Via the Mircosoft Store

You might be able to launch it from the Xbox Companion App as well, but I’ve never tried/done so.

If launching from all of the above gives the same results, I’d recommend the deletion and re-installation of the game.

If that doesn’t work, I’d say you’ve done all the proper troubleshooting and should then reach out to Xbox Support.

By chance, do you have access to an Xbox One console? It’d be interesting to see if it launches or still crashes on there.

1 Like

I don’t have Xbox One sadly :frowning_face:

Hey Everyone.

After all attempts, I regret to announce that I’ve requested a refund for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition.

Sorry for the bad news :frowning_face:

Shame that you’ve had to do so, but based on your situation that makes perfect sense.

Have you checked out the Steam version of the game at all? It’s not the same version, so I’d wait for it to go on sale and then give it a go.

All of the content is there, and the game does feature cross-play, though not in ranked.

Sorry to hear that, but I totally understand. Best wishes for you either way sir :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t5:

2 Likes

Here are my Specs for Killer Instinct on Steam:

Windows 10 Version 1903
Intel Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40Ghz
16.0GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

and

DirectX 12

You should have no issue playing the game with those specs.

I recently bought Killer Instinct on Steam and when installation is completed, it did not work either. So I requested a refund

That’s super weird. Your system is more than powerful enough to run KI, and while the Win10 version has had its share of issues I’ve never heard of any run/startup issues on the Steam side. Sorry man - not sure why the game is giving you so many issues. :confused:

1 Like

Wow. Based on that, I’m 99.9% certain the issue is something to do with your system as opposed to the game itself.

Are you using a desktop or laptop? Are you using a Controller, and if so, which one. Do you have other USB devices connected to your PC? Do you ever perform Disk Cleanup or Defragment your HDD? Have you tried disabling your onboard Intel graphics, incase the game is trying to play off of that as opposed to your AMD card?

1 Like

I’m using Desktop and I’ll just do Disk Cleanup

I’m sorry for all the bad news and disappointments, to Killer Instinct won’t letting me play on PC :frowning_face:

Let us know how it goes. You also have nothing to apologize for, and hopefully you’ll be able to get things working.

1 Like

It’s been 3 Months and Sorry for the Late Reply. Unfortunately, I gave up on trying to get Killer Instinct, working on PC. On the Positive Side, I moved on from it and played Other Games instead, like Jump Force. It’s a shame, but there is nothing more I can do

Shame about Killer Instinct for you, but glad you’re enjoying other games!

1 Like